FORUM

ForumAlpha Feedback › 1.0.0 non-critical feedback which should be in

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Archo 19-10-2014, 22:31 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 340
1.0.0 non-critical feedback which should be in

Some easy to fix usability issues or stuff were reviewers complain often should be posted here. The thread from Thomas is for gamebreaking bugs.

- In IMP it would be nice to see something like 2/12 so I know how many questions are left. That is something you should do in every answer study as reviewers and consumers. Just do it hardcoded in the text, easy to fix.

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 19-10-2014, 22:51 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 74

Yeh - we plan to sexy up the IMP a little tomorrow still. Its "dull" right now, and a page info would be nice. Thanks

Report Quote
Nekator 19-10-2014, 22:57 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 59

I can´t choose the mercs by just clicking on them, have to click on the portrait - annoying

The IMP background is lackluster... the questions are nice tough.

Pop ups would be helpful for perks, skills and so on... 

The Stealth Bonus in character sheet still shows "To Do"

The hit percentage still does not always change if you invest more AP.. sometimes it does, sometimes not.

Mercs don´t talk at all at the hiring screen anymore...

also why i have to have a bandage on the injured merc and he has to use it himself (as in - i cannot just simply heal another merc) i don´t understand...

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:05 CET
Pledger

1.0.0 non-critical feedback (fix before release)

- Without tooltips on you can't see what the perks mean. OK - there should be two classes of tooltips. General stuff and important stuff like perks which you can't memory for all you mercs. So they should not be deactivated

- OK you can leave name and surename so only the nickname is displayed. Nice. But also with " " again. hmm.

- How can we select one of the 2 or 3 voices for our merc? Many disliked the agents voice?

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 19-10-2014, 23:23 CET
Administrator

There should be tooltips more or less everywhere now. Maybe the hover time is too long?

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:24 CET
Pledger

No you can deactiveate them in the options menu which is great. But it should not deactivate the perks info at the same time. 

perks have very unsharp pictures. Are not finished?

BUG: After switching from map to battlefield to inventory and back the battle music stopped. I just hear background noise now.

BUG mouse cursor: For a time I could only see the normal windows cursor not the "grab hand" also I grabbed something.

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:46 CET
Pledger

It is kind of wired. I entered the first house in badilla and want the mercs to go through one door. But as they block each other, the others use the second door (potentially running into an encounter). So pathfinding with doors was mentioned before is annoying.

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:52 CET
Pledger

The default clothes for CLIFF Highball should be the long robe in white. Not muscle shirts =) So it would be like in this picture. But oh know, his hair should be brown or black. So mercs should fit to their picture somehow.

Report Quote
Claudius33 19-10-2014, 23:54 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 77

Played the 1st sector. Unfortunately I can't play more until the week-end due to a professional trip.

Nice strategic map tutorial.

Non critical :

My IMP has only 22 AP despite Physique 75 / Coordination 80. Normal? Have you changed the AP scale?

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:07 CET
Pledger

HEALING: I stated before that the texts which pop up in the strategic layer do not help
"Rob healed xy". It goes to fast. There is no log. And most importantly: The timer should stop. I should have all these options too choose when the timer should stop. Otherwise repairing and healing is a joke as you come into trouble if you miss the popup text.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:11 CET
Pledger

I still loose background music (badilla sector c11). So all enemies are gone. I hear only background noise. options 99% on music volume

Report Quote
Chris K 20-10-2014, 00:12 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 217

IMP feedback (this is non-crucial, but since this is the first we see of it, I wanted to include it):
- Standard first name doesn't change dependent on gender. Female John Doe's are strange.
- The merc's silouette (where you change clothes etc.) looks really strange. Maybe that can be improved at some point.
- Some more faces for the IMP would be nice. They are very nice faces, though.
- I would love to choose my IMP's voice. JA2's voices were great, in case you can just use those.
- When skipping the IMP test, a standard IMP is created. It would be great, if you could just simply choose your stats and perks instead. Going through the test once is fun, but it probably won't be the 10th time and some players might not want to do it even once and still have an IMP with their preferred stats (not to mention gender, that guy/woman is supposed to be you after all!). You could still provide the standard IMP merc in the following screen for those that want to skip that as well.
- I wish you could select the perks yourself. Again - it's not gonna be fun to have to go through the test 10 times to get what you want.

Other feedback:
- Tooltips for the stats and skills would be great. I still don't know what some of them do exactly (does Intelligence work like in JA2?). New players are going to be even more confused.

- When moving ammo, the standard is a very small percentage of the complete stack. Even when the stack is only 4 bullets, only 1 bullet is selected (when trying to move 3, it's even 0 which doesn't make any sense at all) and I have to move the slider all the way to the end. Idealy, the amount should change dependent on how big the stack is: for example 10 bullets - all selected, 60 bullets - 30 selected etc. It would imho be a lot better and should be quick to change (?) to have the whole stack selected as a standard.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:16 CET
Pledger

After starting the first milita training the timer starts. WHY? Don't do that. I have to control the time.

- IMP 
When I get the mechanical or medical perk, I should get a kit too. Like in JA2 or am I wrong?

SAVEGAME: Unter the time in the savegame slot we should see the current balance in $

@Chris
Tooltips for perks and for markmanship etc. work. Perhaps not in IMP but later. Need to check again.

Report Quote
Chris K 20-10-2014, 00:27 CET
Pledger

Thanks. I only checked in the IMP screen. This is the first time you are going to be in contact with the stats etc. and you need to know what they do to create your IMP, so the tooltips should be included there as well.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:29 CET
Pledger

Like in JA2 I have to carefully manage my mercs so I have enough money for long time contracts to save funds. But I can't do anything now as information are missing:

- I can only see "already hire: expires Jul 24. Ok BUT I need to know how many hours or days the contract is left. In an overview for all mercs. Which JA2 could do.
So from there I can prolong the contract when I have enough money. In JA:F I have to wait until the contract has ended and only then I can choose to sustain. But then I don't have the information how much FIDEL costs for 1 week. So I cannot plan ahead. When the next contracts ends I have to say - YES stay instead of knowing I need 1000 cash more to save shadow and let fidel go.

Also what happens with the stuff when someone leaves.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:34 CET
Pledger

Guys. You are not serious with the purchase process of waepons? Without a picture, WHAT should I know what a SNUB NUSE 36 is? I can't see the degradation rate, ammo, stats picture. I showed you the screens from the purchase screen development of JA2 month ago :)

And the worst - I can not SELL any items I have found to the merchant. That was a big thing in JA2.

This will definitely give bad reviews. Worst ingame purchase ever. I know you have other plans but it didn't make it into the game.

And should I write down which ammo box I have for which weapon? Yes, because I have to translate that in to .45 ACP ammo. To buy the right one. But if not, it does not matter, because I can resell it? Oh no. And do I buy 1 bullet a time or a box of how many bullets? pufff.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:46 CET
Pledger

A lot of commantareis are missing and merc interaction is missing. Like the "yes sir"  or "acknoledged" for all my mercs. This were in before  in the last build. So when my merc walks he should comment that or so. There could be this mentioned setting in the settings menu where you can deactive it. But mercs must speak even if it feels to much. It isn't.

Instead of the voice "ENEMY" or something now we see a TEXT. WHYYY? Where are all the voice commentaries gone. You did such a great job in the last build. Or is it because of my IMP merc.

Report Quote
Chris K 20-10-2014, 00:49 CET
Pledger

One more thing (for now): can we get an option to deactivate the XP popup when they are gained? They are imho very non-JA.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:53 CET
Pledger

BUG: Open a backpack. Now try to select a another merc from the left portraits. It does not work also on the battle map you see the selected merc is highlighted.

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 20-10-2014, 07:59 CET
Administrator

Thanks for all your feedback. Building a last day todo list this morning, and seeing what we safely want to get in for 1.0.0 and what we push to 1.0.1 to get a safe release.

The voice overs are in! But it seems that the upgrade from earlier version to rc1 has somehow flipped the "turn off" switch. Try to go to the options, gameplay and click the merc vo on/off a few times. Or the default button. See if that clears it up.

Regarding the shop screens via dialog. It's possibly the #1 todo on the other side of release to make it better. It is what we could get away with in time - was either that or scrap IMP, and we chose the IMP.

Keep it coming! Until now doesnt sound too bad!

Report Quote
Scope112 20-10-2014, 09:10 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 38

I personally find it very annoying that when in a certain turn you choose for max ap spent on one shot, that the following turn your MERC is still kept on that setting. It sometimes confuses me about whether I actually have sufficient AP to shoot. The ap count should restart every time to the minimum, just like JA2.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines