FORUM

ForumAlpha Feedback › 1.0.0 general feedback

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Archo 19-10-2014, 22:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 380
1.0.0 general feedback

- Did you use Samuel L. Jackson as an IMP picture? Will you get in trouble for that?

- Get rid of the 3D modell of the MERC. It is very freaky to the a human without a face. It really hurst my stomache. bah.
 No one can identify with it. Really. Can you make the body straight (no movement) put a box around and show it without head in small, so it seem you select clothes rather then dressing a merc!? Should have be done via pictures as the portrait. Also the idea and look is great. The head destroys the whole point imho. Or just give him eyes. With beard it looks ok, but eyes are missing. Or put on sunglasses?

- In the merc UI I only need to the the nickname displayed without " "

Not Name "Nickname" Surname -> small detail but this is like in JA. I just wanna know and see BULL or MIKE nothing more.

- The IMP portraits look like the hair is cut out rather than scribbled by a designer like the other portraits.

- The tutorial when opening strategic map is nice. Has typos?

- When changing stance new new buttons update. But now also the complete slots and menu flickers until the update is done. seems like the code reloads the content of the quickslots. Should not.

Report Quote
Grim 19-10-2014, 23:14 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

I don't have access to that build (only beta access), so i don't know what the 3D model of the MERC you are talking about. I can only guess, if this is a 3D representation of the character for creation purpose. If so, i can imagine they made a close up view, and of course, it looks bad, because the models were made for a specific camera distance&angle. The same problem happened to Wasteland 2 ranger creation, where they made 3D models viewable too close. IMO they should put them in the right circonstances, as to say at the ingame view distance and camera angle, or just a little closer.

Fallout tactics did that well, but with little customisation :

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:20 CET
Pledger

- If you do the model smaller or give him eyes and mouth or sunglasses it would be good. Also from the start a beard. So face is not so empty.

- Where is the nice battle music from the last build? It is gone? Is this random. I really liked it, everyone said the music was great. Now it changed why? It was a nice contrast, smooth music, gore and shooting on the screen.

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 19-10-2014, 23:24 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 84

There is a different battle music track per environment type if I recall :-)

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:27 CET
Pledger

Quoted Thomas Lund:

Yeah, ok. But it should not stop playing during the battle =)

Report Quote
Archo 19-10-2014, 23:30 CET
Pledger

First sector: Near the heli in fron is the tree stump with the little rocks on front. When I prone there, there a clipping problems (stones in my back). Reviewers don't like that.

- I just hit a critical bug I guess. EDIT: No it is not. But I expected a autosave feature that uses the continue button after creating the merc.
 Created my merc. Got back into the options menu and clicked on "Exit to main menu. Then "Continue" is grayed out. In other games that means "continue" is the last state of the game I have not saved. So my merc and progress is gone.

- It is nice to see that people now crouch when there is a fight and take cover.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 00:56 CET
Pledger

I can see that some player will as - what is ANGETTA. Where is it? After talking to the ferrymen. I can't show city names or what it is in the stratgic layer.

The "BATTLE - FLEE" popup seems unfinished with the text to the right. I think you planned a sector picture on the left. But there was no time. It does not make a polished feeling of the game.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 01:01 CET
Pledger

Thank you for changing the mode to pan on the edges of the map. Now I can use it on these small maps.

Report Quote
Archo 20-10-2014, 18:52 CET
Pledger

Quoted Thomas Lund:

Where can I mod this? Can I replace a line so that only my preferred sounds are in? That is what we do with a lot of games. Do you have the track list or what do I need and which file? Can wait after release =)

Dreamfall Chapters, a kickstarter project, will also release T-minus one day =)

Report Quote
nakano 20-10-2014, 19:08 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 149

Quoted Archo:

Dreamfall Chapters, a kickstarter project, will also release T-minus one day =)

And they also seem to be very busy :)

Some general feedback:

- Nice that you fixed the glitch on the first sector where I could walk directly to the opponent at start. However, I still know where the enemies are as I cannot click them [video]. 
 - Should it be possible to get more than one interrupt with a new "timer" if I don't react for the first one at all? Might be nice in situations like these (my IMP merc) [video].
 - Here I get an interruption even if I don't see anyone [video]. 
 - David Knudsen refuses to talk with me [video].

Report Quote
schaep 22-11-2014, 18:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 4

I've been playing the game for a while and I like Unity in general. But there might be some improvements you'd need to tell the unity guys.

• Its almost impossible to run multiple unity games at the same time.
    This is not a performance issue, JAF takes 20% of mem and CPU on my laptop so theres planty available for another one.
  • The unity browserplugin also makes the game unstable. Even when its not really doing anything anymore. If I just close another unity browser game tab in chrome without stopping the whole browser the plugin stays active and causes instability in JAF. I can quit the browser and restart JAF and everything is fine again. If I restart the browser everything stays fine as long as I don't start a browsertab which wil start up the unity plugin.

I know this is not your problem, and I won't play any less JAF for it, but its been the case since the start of Unity and it doesn't get much attention so I hope they'd listen more to you guys :).
Good luck with selling the game. I've already shown to a couple of colleagues.

Report Quote
Glettkin 22-11-2014, 22:18 CET

Total Posts: 134

Quoted schaep:

I've been playing the game for a while and I like Unity in general. But there might be some improvements you'd need to tell the unity guys.

• Its almost impossible to run multiple unity games at the same time.
    This is not a performance issue, JAF takes 20% of mem and CPU on my laptop so theres planty available for another one.
  • The unity browserplugin also makes the game unstable. Even when its not really doing anything anymore. If I just close another unity browser game tab in chrome without stopping the whole browser the plugin stays active and causes instability in JAF. I can quit the browser and restart JAF and everything is fine again. If I restart the browser everything stays fine as long as I don't start a browsertab which wil start up the unity plugin.

I know this is not your problem, and I won't play any less JAF for it, but its been the case since the start of Unity and it doesn't get much attention so I hope they'd listen more to you guys :).
Good luck with selling the game. I've already shown to a couple of colleagues.

You still play v1.00? Beacause this post is about v1.00, which is totally out dated.

Report Quote
yac0ub 09-01-2015, 16:58 CET

Total Posts: 1

u have fucking ruined the game.....

Report Quote
Django 09-01-2015, 17:25 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 107

Quoted yac0ub:

u have fucking ruined the game.....

And you either play a fucking outdated version or/and posted in the fucking wrong thread.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines