FORUM

ForumAlpha Feedback › Female Characters always start in the Prone Mesh/Animation

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Sebastian 12-01-2015, 13:59 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2
Female Characters always start in the Prone Mesh/Animation

a bug in the game causes the female characters to start the stages in the Prone position.

I find this bug the most annoying an am suprised that it made it this far in the game.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 12-01-2015, 14:37 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

Was introduced in the latest patch, odd bug indeed but missed due to lack of time to test I suppose or one of those bug that come up when you fix another bug and therefore it's not checked properly.  

Report Quote
Sebastian 14-01-2015, 11:32 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2

Quoted JAF Admin :

Was introduced in the latest patch, odd bug indeed but missed due to lack of time to test I suppose or one of those bug that come up when you fix another bug and therefore it's not checked properly.  

Ok.

I just wanted to say how much I love the game sofar, I think im about halfway through the game. 

Do you have any word on official expansions?

Report Quote
JAF Admin 14-01-2015, 12:02 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

I guess this thread prety much covers the current status:

http://www.jaggedallianceflashback.com/forum/27/6856#post_6936

At the moment no plans for expansions.New Kickstarter update to be sent out soon though. 

Report Quote
Django 17-01-2015, 12:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

Dear Full Control, this Bug is extreme annoying. Please fix it.

Since it came with the patch it should be possible to narrow the source of the problem largly down.

If any of the modders knows whats to do you would be my personal hero.

Report Quote
Chris K 19-02-2015, 12:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 277

Is this bug even getting worked on? I get that you can't have a lot of people working on the game and I don't mind waiting a while, but with the complete lack of information for about a month and the bug existing even longer, I am starting to get worried.

Report Quote
Glettkin 21-02-2015, 00:41 CET

Total Posts: 138

Well, we don´t really know who is left in the Jagged alliance flashback team. Is it a programmer? We can only hope. This bug IS really annoying.

Report Quote
nakano 22-02-2015, 14:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 158

This bug is somehow related to json-file: \Original\Data\Units\Units.json. Female mercs have a following value: 
"prefab": "FemaleMerc",

If this line is changed the value to 
"prefab": "GreenSoldier",

the prone bug is gone, but the merc isn't a female any longer. It's difficult to say where exactly the bug is without being able to debug the code, but I would look into classes and see what's the units UnitStance:
 - PlayerUnit.CreateFromJson
 - JAFEntityViewFactory.CreateEntityView
 - I would also debug code parts where UnitStance changes. Maybe a summer intern could look into this at some point. Shouldn't be overly difficult.

EDIT: A quick dirty fix that changes the prefab values -> Female mercs look male after this. Not an optimal solution, but some may prefer the option until an official fix is released.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397180379

I only tested mod briefly and it doesn't work if you had made a female merc before. I am not sure where stats/values of the current team members can be modified.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines