FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › Facts For the Loading Screen

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 04-06-2014, 10:37 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 576
Facts For the Loading Screen

Hi All,

We're adding a line to the loading screen that will show random fun facts about JAF and JA in general. We thought it would be cool to get some cool loading facts from teh community about JA that we could add to the game, so this is your chance to get something in the actual game.

It could be information about a certain merc, story pieces for other JA titles, Fun facts about weapon type, ammo...yeah ANYTHING that is related to Jagged Alliance.

I can't promise that we'll add every single fun fact/loading fact, but just getting a lot of cool ones to choose from will great and add value to the game. 

Looking forward to your input!

Report Quote
Peal 04-06-2014, 11:04 CET

Total Posts: 10

There is always an action point left for lighting a good cigar!

Numerous tipps/jokes about cigars like from: http://www.wikihow.com/Smoke-a-Cigar

Also with some tutorial like pictures would be cool. The counterpart to the Fallout Boy :D

Do not inhale the cigar smoke. A cigar is not like a cigarette. The flavor is meant to be savored, but not inhaled.

The longer and wider a cigar is, the more intense it will be. If you're a beginner, you should start with a longer and thinner cigar instead of a small stubby one, which will make you more likely to cough.

Before you buy the cigar, you should gently squeeze it to make sure that there aren't any spots that are too hard or too soft. This may indicate that the cigar will give you a bad draw or that it won't even be smokeable.

Report Quote
Loki 04-06-2014, 11:46 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 138

for that it would be nice to know which mercs are included in JAF. Quotes or fun facts about mercs that are not included don't make sense i think

Report Quote
Chim Panse 04-06-2014, 11:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

"Roses are red, violets are blue - mother russia send Ivan to you."

"Vodka is not just good drink. It fuel car, clean weapon, desinfect nasty wound and make enemies disappear. Also make hair of Ivan look shiny."

Report Quote
Loki 04-06-2014, 11:53 CET
Pledger

Some Mercs can disobey your orders. Be careful basing your trust in them.

Scully is a super friendly guy. He's been married seven times and has eight kids. (Jagged Alliance 2)

Report Quote
Syke 04-06-2014, 13:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 6

"Larry is the type of guy that can´t even change a lightbulb, but he is still able to handle all kinds of explosives with ease. How he does it? We don´t know. Hell, we doubt that even he knows. By the way, has anyone seen my medkit?"

Report Quote
Nekator 04-06-2014, 15:07 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 30

Bruce "Skitz" Bonner has memorized every Black Sabbath recording... backwards!

Jack "Postie" Durham actually has a dust mite allergy.

"Unusually Ruthless" Reuban invented a polish for his glasses, especially for blood and grime.

Report Quote
Nekator 04-06-2014, 15:14 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 30

Reverend Clyde Potter nearly had a role in "The rich and famous" ... naturally as a television preacher.

Thorton "Bubba" Jones and John "Bull" Peters supposedly have destroyed over 12 bars, while beeing on "R&R" trips together.
Report Quote
Chim Panse 04-06-2014, 16:22 CET
Pledger

Tip of the day: "Gus Tarballs has a fine and healthy pair of legs.Yet."
(that one is an Insider for JA2 people that love to read descriptions)

Report Quote
Chim Panse 04-06-2014, 16:28 CET
Pledger

Tip of the day:"You need clothes, boots and a motorcicle."

Report Quote
Claudius33 04-06-2014, 23:16 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 65

Dang! Using a weapon is as easy as using a mouse, Woody! Just point and click.

Ears : I heared it, Sir. Yesterday night, Lynx did the Buzz.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 05-06-2014, 10:13 CET
Super Administrator

A lot of good stuff in here already :) 

Report Quote
Claudius33 05-06-2014, 22:46 CET
Pledger

Fidel : There couldn't be two Fidel on the same island.

Kirk Stevenson became a static Spiderman after he met Donna at a Grateful Dead's concert in Houston.

Malice's favorite song : I stabbed, er, I shot the sheriff.

Larry's favorite song : Cocaine.

Needle's favorite song : The needle and the damage done.

Bull's favorite song : Beat it!

Report Quote
Loki 10-06-2014, 12:47 CET
Pledger

When not on assignment, Peter "Wolf" Sanderson instructs a Wolverine Civil Defense unit during the evenings.

Wisdom lets you learn things faster

Report Quote
nakano 22-07-2014, 13:40 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 104

At elementary school's physics lesson Edgar "Nails" Smorth learned how to make a molotov cocktail. According to him, it was "Fascinating stuff!".

Report Quote
Archo 22-07-2014, 14:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 175

One question regarding these facts. In the demo I thought some of them are really funny. But only if you knew JA2. So this is for JA2 fans. But we would like to add some new players to the community as they can secure the next development of a successor or an rooftop-addon =)

"Wisdom, makes you think". =)

Will these random facts be presented on nice wallpapers (like in JA2?) so that newcomers can "ignore them".

Report Quote
Claudius33 22-07-2014, 21:14 CET
Pledger

It's also a way to introduce newcomers to the JA world.

Btw, Fox has not made her decision regarding her favorite song yet. She is hesitating between Sex Machine and Somedoy to Love. :-)

Of course Nails' favorite song could only be Riders on the storm.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 23-07-2014, 14:39 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Archo:

One question regarding these facts. In the demo I thought some of them are really funny. But only if you knew JA2. So this is for JA2 fans. But we would like to add some new players to the community as they can secure the next development of a successor or an rooftop-addon =)

"Wisdom, makes you think". =)

Will these random facts be presented on nice wallpapers (like in JA2?) so that newcomers can "ignore them".

I would assume so, but I don't know at this point. Would need Jesper to make more, but he's busy enough at the moment :P

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines