FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › Hotfix 0.6.2 changlog

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Thomas Lund 11-09-2014, 20:17 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 51
Hotfix 0.6.2 changlog

Hi guys,

Another fix version to the latest update was released just now. It adds a few things UI wise and fixes a bug we have been chasing for ages. Thanks to everyone who helped nail it.

Game Changes 0.6.2.

Features

- Update for Item & Weapon description UI incl. graph for DMG & Accuracy, as well as comparing values to currently equipped Weapon

- Improvement of rubberband selection & highlighting

- Improvements to Unit selection via Hotkeys

- Visual Updates to Notification, Turn indicator and other UI parts

Bugfixes

- Fixed gamebreaking error that occured when trying to shoot after switching quickslots - thanks to Nakano and the rest of the community to lead us in the right direction!

- Various fixes to Smoke grenade line of sight calculations

- Disabled possibility to aim when in Burst- or Autofire mode

- Crosshair now turns to X when not enough AP available to attack

- Fixed LoS: now takes center of tile into consideration

- Updated some sectors with issues

Report Quote
Archo 11-09-2014, 21:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 175

Thx. You are pushing, so are we...some nice information from Shadow regarding the crosshair we will soon :p be able to test:

So the crosshair wents fluently from big circle (small chance to hit - like 20%) to middle (50% chance to hit) to smallest circle (highest chance to hit - 75%) by using the right mouse button and firing bullets with the left mouse button? That would be great.

- Please remember that the crosshair in JA2 had this special sound effect while aiming. So please give the new crosshair also its unique (special) sound while you change between the different aiming levels.
archo: Just use the same soundfiles as in JA2. It is like star wars - it gives you the feeling you are back.

- It would be cool when the circle would also flicker (animated) a little bit so that it is a little bit more dynamic. So that it looks like dynamic aiming, just like when you hold a rifle and you aim your hand and the weapon is shaking a little bit.

- Maybe the circles "look" can be tweaked so that they also look like crosshairs but not absolutely necessary. (Just like in JA2 1.13)

Make them look more like JA2 than just a red circle. So we see it on every map and every background and during flashes and rainstorms. white and red is a good combination as we learned.

- archo: also think about reusing more JA sounds (saves time and is just right). The end turn sound. I can live with the one we have now, but why change it exactly? crosshiar is ofc more important.

Report Quote
nakano 11-09-2014, 21:16 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 104

Great that you were able to fix the game breaking bugs and the new bleeding icon is a nice addition.

Report Quote
Archo 11-09-2014, 23:58 CET
Pledger

- After each hotfix it makes more fun. Nice UI fixes.

New sound after seeing an enemy. Sounds Sci-Fi.

Still I run into several bugs stopping me to control a merc or movement. Can't really say what it triggers, often I've been in the backpack menu or after loading a sector when it is raining. If they are not known, pls tell us, so we dig deeper.

What we need to agree on (new):

- I need to be able to send a merc via a path to a position, even if there are not enough AP left. So the mercs will stop at a certain point. This needs to be displayed. Use case: Each turn you can move further but you are going the shortest way (save AP) per round.

Here I liked the old JA concept more, it was just fine and offered more. Your new border system is good in outer areas but within houses the old concepts with the feet and cursor, was easier imho.

Now in JA:F only the pathway is drawed. But to see, where I end up, the pathway I can move to should be another color than white. So here is a screenshot how it would make sense to me with your system and the pathway shows, how far I can go with color and border.

- Can I reload a weapon automatically, when ammo is in backpack? With this few quickslots, this is the only way.

-  interruption mode (better icon?) should stay active for max 3 turns, when soldier doesn't do anything (at least) or always on for max 3 turns. In a group of 6 mercs it is just annoying to micro manage that as 4 are covering.

- crosshair (s. first post)

-huge performance drops in rain, rain is still displayed on the ground inside buildings

- Can't really tell if this has been fixed. Walking in an area with mercs, turn mode, enemies in sector. My mercs spots an enemy, movement stop. Then you can decided what to do next (shoot, cover, run)

- Melee: When a merc stands berfore enemy and attacked, the animation goes back to stand. Should be the attacking position before really attacking

- Is this already fixed? After three turns, back in real time, all mercs stand up. That should not happen, if enemies are still in the sector! (Loose cover - get shot!).

###############################

- I don't know but I need a shovel. With the metal detector of JA2 you can find gold and jewellery in the ground near beaches and big houses :p

- Elodie wil never get a metal helmet from me, as she looks then like every other merc :p

Usually, hired mercs not only adapt weapons, they skin or solor their clothes/helmets. Will helmets have pattern (kevlar pattern)? Only the metal ones look so boring.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 12-09-2014, 12:18 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 388

Am I the only one who thinks the UI text (the outlined one) is too bloody small and faint? I am constantly squinting to see what's saying and on some buttons the text goes even smaller than this (inventory buttons).

Report Quote
Chris K 12-09-2014, 13:53 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 163

Yes, I need to get right in front of the monitor to be able to read anything. My monitor is quite small and I'm playing in 16:9 on a 4:3 monitor, but still...

Also the text in the blue radio box (when Marion calls you) dependent on the background can be very hard to read for me. Another color than white would be easier to read.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 12-09-2014, 16:01 CET
Pledger

I am playing at 1600x900 usully and on a wide monitor and is still very hard to see anything.

This brings back the issue of cramming everything on a single window... stuff like tabbed tables are very nice to have, but THAT position and such tiny space... bleh...

If this style is a must to be kept, at least make the inventory window twice as big. 

Report Quote
gdalf 12-09-2014, 16:58 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 78

Yes, I play 1600 x 900 windowed (mostly) and found it very tiny, but I am using a 13" laptop with 1920x1080 native resolution. The bag of stuff on the ground thing is a little immersion-breaking.  It's obviously there because they don't have time/resources to do individual icons for actual item classes (like you might see in a RPG), but on top of that it's so darn hard to click.  Especially if there's a graphical obstacle in the way, or if there's a merc standing on the square (even when it's the merc you selected, which should not lead to your clicking the merc again when you do try to click the loot bag).

Report Quote
Archo 12-09-2014, 18:41 CET
Pledger

I think I wrote in 3 threads several times that readability is bad. First everything has been capital letters. Solved.

2nd Font was really bad.

Now everythings tends to be very small (for me too). But graphics and icons are huge (backpack, weapon in UI). The font is still not the best to read overall. 

Nothing major, but if you can change this with two json-dats (font and percent for relative font-size, it would be badass). But I think it is somehow cooked into code or ui so it would need hours to change every font or font-size.

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 12-09-2014, 19:36 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 51

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. As usual very constructive and something we read and take into consideration.

For ANY crash/game locks up bug we would love to hear about it. Partly to validate fixes and partly to get info on new ones. The critical information there is either a video showing what has led up to the bug or even better a step by step reproduction list.

For UI and fonts - as you have seen in the last few updates, we are really going through the UI now and polishing it up. We are totally aware of some places where there is still work to do. Dialog popups the worst. Those things will be addressed or have already been. The new font is way way better than the bit one we used previously (and had to go all caps to even make it somewhat readable). Its still used in some small places (yeah - unfortunately those things are pretty coded into unity on a per text box basis).

Anyways - keep it coming and have a great weekend!

Best

Thomas

Report Quote
Archo 12-09-2014, 22:55 CET
Pledger

Thomas, thx for letting us know over and over that you read our stuff. That motivates us very much. And we see many things. For example, if you stumble across a special weapon in your weapon icon folder, I really get excited. No spoiler alert here but it is not exactly 80s...

Another question:

Steam\SteamApps\common\Jagged Alliance Flashback\game_Data\StreamingAssets\Original\Audio\Sounds

I replaced some sounds with the orignal JA2 files and changed filenames. But after restarting steam and playing, your JAF sounds are loaded (and they have no correct file extension anymore). How is htat? I thought we can easily exchange those soundfiles.

Example: impact_body_01.wav

Thought exchanging stuff is the easiest way of modding. What do I need to do to accomplish this?

I know polishing sound effects is not on your list. So I wanna change

• stand to crouch
  • defuse_success_JAF_new.wav
  • body_impact 0-3

back to JA2 sound effects by myself. hihi

Report Quote
Chris K 13-09-2014, 21:53 CET
Pledger

I encountered a very nasty bug (I think Nakano already mentioned and showed video for it for version 0.6.1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt27Il5lezU

3 of my mercs can't use their AKs despite having ammo and enough AP and Metal additionally can't use her frag grenade. Putting it in different slots didn't help.
Metal and Static not being able to use their AKs happened from the beginning when they got them (or rather the next enemy encounter). Trying to fix it, I exchanged Metal's AK with the Agent's between encounters, but now neither of them can use it. After exchanging them again (same mercs), both of them suddenly can use them.

Report Quote
gsi-man 14-09-2014, 01:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 5

Hey Chris K.,

I think I can help you with this problem:

from the thread I just started:

"Already found a solution (after hours): you have to drop all weapons and anything in your Backpack. THEN pick up the JK-47 as the very first thing (you have to put it in your backpack to get it in your hands; like the gear you have to put in your backpack to put it on)."

Report Quote
Claudius33 14-09-2014, 21:27 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 65

Played a couple hours with my brand new mouse, thanks again FC and Logitech :-)

Got the non functioning weapons issue several times. Thanks to gsi-man I now know how to deal with. Need to be fixed though.

Missing mini maps : E10, E8, D9.

Last controlled merc at end of a battle can often not change stance. Must select another before.

Squads issues :

• Must move the new selected squad to take control. Otw 'Deploy' gets to the previous one.
  • Need bandages for new hired merc, otw a new squad starts with no bandages.
  • Need to move a squad before deploying a new hired merc.
  • Possible bug : helping P... against the Sp.. I grabbed 2 M16 with Squad 0. I dropped them on E11 ground for Squad 1. When Squad 1 got to E11, the M16 had disappeared.

​For the record, all bounty hunting baddies found this time. Already written : rainstorms occur much too often, heavy armors appear much too early. Limited backpack is a real issue for quests. Quests objects might be lost (bounty hunting info, reward for the graveyard flowers, ...). Quests objects should have an independent unlimited storage.

Keep up the good work. 

Report Quote
gsi-man 15-09-2014, 01:07 CET
Pledger

Well beside the Problem that I cannot enter what I find in K11 (and the game chrashes again) I also have Problems with K8 and G8 as both sectors won't be playable because the "loading"-Screen will remain forever...

Report Quote
JAF Admin 15-09-2014, 09:56 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 576

K11 makes sense as it's not there...we had issues with not loading for K8 and G8, but they were fixed...could be some changes were reverted for the hotfix :/ 

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 15-09-2014, 10:01 CET
Pledger

The inventory has two issues - lack of space and lack of stackability. Imho quickslots for more items should make a lot of people happy if there's no other solution.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 15-09-2014, 10:45 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 576

I think the squad inventory should fix that...more or less. Could be stackable in the squad inventory, but limited for the actual backpack. 

Report Quote
Nekator 15-09-2014, 12:33 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 30

Honestly the stacking should be available everywhere.. at least for ammunition etc.

Report Quote
gsi-man 15-09-2014, 19:32 CET
Pledger

Dear JAF Admin,

thank you very much for your reply.

It's nice to know that there is nothing in K11 yet and I can stop searching.

But what can I do about G8 and especially K8? 

Right now I'm stuck and I guess not having freed K8 is the reason why "Angetta ist closed" for me.

Kind regard 

gsi-man

Report Quote
Chris K 15-09-2014, 20:52 CET
Pledger

Angetta is not open yet. Somewhere, Andreas (I guess it was him) said that they are only gonna open the last sectors on release. However, those issues are of course going to have to be fixed eventually.

Report Quote
gsi-man 15-09-2014, 21:10 CET
Pledger

Looks like my safegame is broken now.

There seems to be a bug when you recruit Buns with a squad of 6. You can run around with 7 guys in a sector but as I tried to fight some enemies and after killing them my turn still goes on and I cannot end it. (Even tried to kill the guy whose picture is not show on the strategic layer. -Doesn't help.)

Well if there is no ending to the game in this version - I think I have seen most of it anyway... 

P.S. - So the complete version won't be larger than the early access?

Report Quote
Claudius33 15-09-2014, 22:16 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 65

I recruited Buns with a 5 mercs squad, no issue up to now. Didn't try with a 6 mercs squad.

• Missing minimaps : G10, H10, H9
  • G8 : Where are all the foes put by Grim? Sector became green as soon as I got in. Have they all fled? :-)
  • H9 : loading goes in an infinite loop when coming from North. Sector can be entered from East though.

By the way, Buns must really hate sun. Make her wear a short, she looks like an undead :-)

Report Quote
Archo 16-09-2014, 00:30 CET
Pledger

I hope that quickslots will be stackable. 2 ammo clips should be no prob as well as 2 grenades, 4 glow sticks. And for the big slots? Everything x4.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines