FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › Version 0.9.0 Change log + changes since the last EA update

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 13-10-2014, 15:10 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757
Version 0.9.0 Change log + changes since the last EA update

Just made made a new build available for everyone on Steam Early Access - sending out KS update now.

Feature

• New tactical AI

• Healing system

• Repair system

• Core strategic map gameplay

• Character panels are now grayed out if unconscious

• Unit selection shortcuts now pans camera to unit when double pressing

• Partly implemented tooltips and error messages

• New loading screen art

• Audio and music updates

• More armor and weapons

• Improved animations

• Achievement system

• Perk system (not visible yet in UI)

• Performance optimizations and hooking in changing quality level at runtime

Bugfixes

• Cannot shoot after reload issue fixed

• Memory leak fixes

• 50+ other bugfixes from spelling errors to critical bugs

Features

• Weapons and armor now has durability that decays which affects damage, precision and AP cost.

• Weapons and armor can be repaired using repair kits

• Enemy units now drops random loot

• Armor can now have different colors

• Automatic turn when shooting at enemy not in view cone

• UI Sound FX

Added more Lua commands

Bugfixes

• A lot!

Game Changes 0.7.0

Features

• Energy and morale system for mercs. Watch them panic and run out of energy

• Strategic view UI and functionality (still being worked on and it is known to be buggy)

• New items system that can pick a random item from an item set

• Firing burst and full auto now sprays bullets continuously rather than single shot

• Aiming now hooked to right click cycle - also showing what aim mode you are in

• Options menu implemented - video, audio, gameplay etc

• Auto open loot containers when standing on same tile

• Squad inventory

• Enemies now have tiers of difficulty/equipment/drops

• All sectors have been polished and improved visually

• Better spawn zones for all sectors

• Character view hooked up - inventory, unit stats, unit status

• Squad inventory accessible from inventory screen

• Selecting weapon/armor now compares stats to equipped one

• Added additional armor items

• Added additional trash items

• Added brass knuckles weapon

• Added new LUA commands

• Showing more status icons

• Tutorial can now be completed

• Now display actual cost of attack event in different aim and attack modes

• Interrupt ui improved with costs and toggle button

• New pathfinder system that fixes errors in the multiple movement

• Out of range now visually displayed on cursor and path

• Cursor changes when hovering container objects

• Changed the view cone visually.

• Visual cleanup from old developer fonts and look

• Reload and interrupt mode keyboard shortcuts

• Ammo count on weapon icons

• Support for booster items (e.g. energy drinks)

• Environment audio implementation (work in progress)

• Start of NGUI modding menu (not done yet)

• Prepared game for localization

• Lots more weapons, units, items, story, quests, dialogs, NPCs

Bugfixes

Too many to list :-)

Report Quote
47Hitmen 13-10-2014, 16:13 CET

Total Posts: 19

Hi, can we have the name of weapons that have been aded please? :3 (Yeah, I really DO like  weapons ^^)

Report Quote
Nekator 13-10-2014, 16:16 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 64

bugs at first glance

the hit percentage on the first enemy at first map, still doesnt change, otherwise it seems to work. Though it gets higher at second shot for some reason.

the picture of the bandana is a helmet.

bleeding still doesnt seem to work.

you can use the cow mutants as cover

recruitment of the follow up mercs in the tavern works sometimes, sometimes not.. you choose work for me, talking ends, but he hasnt joined (i also hope that aren´t all the avaiable mercs...)

interruption system doesnt work? if i activate it on a merc, he can get shot at and he doesnt react...

Also something good for a change.. the enemy ai seems to finally work a bit better

Report Quote
Scope112 13-10-2014, 17:41 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 55

I can hardly run this release due to severe performance issues. Previous releases didn't run very well, but this release runs even much worse than others. This build is not optimized at all:

I am running this game on a MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina, and encounter the following issues:

- Highest available resolution to select: 1280 x 800 (while my screen obviously supports much higher resolutions)

- As a result of low resolution, the game does not scale properly on my laptop, resulting in a loss of a significant portion of the screen.

- Performance issues: On any graphical setting (from the lowest to highest) the game is unrunnable, very low FPS, and laggy. Even the cursor is laggy.

- Weather effects (rain): drain performance further.

This is very odd since my system should be able to run this game easily. Thus this indicates that the game is not optimized at all to run for MAC. Furthermore, I saw other users (windows users) on youtube experience the same issues.

Other bugs/issues/missing features:

- Missing sound for reloading weapon

- MERC doesn't acknowledge when he spots a new enemy. It still sometimes it's unclear to me when I actually spotted a new enemy.

- Interrupt: It's not clear to me when the enemy actually has an interrupt on my MERC. The game just stops for a second and an enemy fires at you. --> Refer to JA2 on how to properly implement this

- When clicking 'apply' the option menu doesn't confirm your selection

- Recruiting MERCS: hardly any speaches, even reduced compared to earlier builds! No option to hire MERC without gear.

- Enemies shoot each other too often

- Too many melee attacks by enemy

- Enemies always tend to attack you, even if they are being shot. They just run towards you, instead of taking cover. It seems the enemy has a tendency to try to overwelm you by swarming your MERCS.

- The game sometimes just switches to real time mode when you are actually engaged with an enemy. This seems to take place especially when the game 'thinks' you're taking too long to make use of your turn.

- MERC/NPC/Enemy animations are still not really fluid

- No Sector inventory?

- Many MERCS are still missing from the roster, where are MERCS like: Spike, Kelly, Mike, Bud, Grunty? Etc.....

- Still hardly any MERC speach and interactions

- No MERC special perks, personality, likes/dislikes

- No NPC dialogues

One week away from release, and I can't even run this game properly. It makes me tremendously worried for release.... I can't seriously believe how FC thinks that they can put this unfinished product on the market. It's broken.

Report Quote
FleischHals 13-10-2014, 18:01 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 6

I backed via Paypal since I missed the Kickstarter campaign and I cannot remember what I will get and when... I guess it was a physical copy of the game and a key for JA 2. Can I check this somehow, somewhere?

Report Quote
JAF Admin 13-10-2014, 18:31 CET
Super Administrator

If you're a $65 backer you should be able to see it on the actual kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback

Report Quote
PeaI 13-10-2014, 19:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 35

Like Scope, same bugs and massive frame drops here as well. Win7 GTX780 32GB

And we really need animated portrais! This feels so wooden...

Report Quote
Shadow86 13-10-2014, 21:37 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 216

Quoted PeaI:

And we really need animated portrais! This feels so wooden...

That is so overdue! This and the fact that the UI is looking so simple and unfinished and not 80's like kills so much atmosphere. 

Report Quote
JAF Admin 13-10-2014, 22:05 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted 47Hitmen:

Hi, can we have the name of weapons that have been aded please? :3 (Yeah, I really DO like  weapons ^^)

Will see if I can get a list for ya

Report Quote
JAF Admin 13-10-2014, 22:14 CET
Super Administrator

Dont' really know why you would get those Graphics card limitations..Are you using a multiple screen setup ? 

My rigs here at home uses Geforece GTX 770 

Didn't have any major issues: 

Report Quote
Archo 13-10-2014, 23:23 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 380

The changelog still says that burst and autofire is now redone. It is not as you can see in the videos we provided. What do you say about it, Andreas?

Performance is now so bad, I can play it in every mode but only with huge lags. But I can select each resolution.

Report Quote
Nekator 13-10-2014, 23:37 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 64

noticed no performance problems either...

specs are:

INTEL Classico QuadCore i7-4770K / 32GB RAM [4x3.50GHz] 
[NVIDIA] GTX770 4GB [2xD+DP+HDMI, Netzteil] 

Report Quote
JAF Admin 14-10-2014, 09:56 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Archo:

The changelog still says that burst and autofire is now redone. It is not as you can see in the videos we provided. What do you say about it, Andreas?

Performance is now so bad, I can play it in every mode but only with huge lags. But I can select each resolution.

Well it was redone, just some animation bug causes issues...seen fast bullets flyting with me own eyes...Some animations have been reworked...guess it could have affected this.

Report Quote
Archo 14-10-2014, 21:40 CET
Pledger

Quoted JAF Admin :
Quoted Archo:

Well it was redone, just some animation bug causes issues...seen fast bullets flyting with me own eyes...Some animations have been reworked...guess it could have affected this.

Would anybody show me please a video of a rifle, machine gun in burst mode? I mean I have never seen this working. Perhaps it is a lag or the bullets don't fly as fast and fluent as in JA2. Look at this video. Here you have it all. Spoiler... the mercs meet MIKE.
Fight: http://youtu.be/PShMibjBXXk?t=40s
Spoiler then they meet Mike during fight: http://youtu.be/PShMibjBXXk?t=5m49s

- real burst mode, fast bullets, cool sound
- bullets without a bullet tail, just round bullets that actually fly directly out of the gun barrel =)
- real interrupts
- mercs stops immedialety when turn based mode starts
- death animations
- enemies in JA:F who are hit only have 1 animation. In JA2 they could fall, crouch, turn/spin when hit by heavy gun wit NATO ammo, hold weapon in the air, hold arm around belly (hit and bleeding, loose weapon, so many variants. And the worse is, in JA:F the only animation we have is just boring and static. No human would move like a pressed button when hit by a bullet. It the details that matter here.
- cooler hit sound fx and screaming/ argh sound fx
- sound variants for bullets that fly nearby a merc/enemy ("flich"). Sound for a richochet on metal and sand. Sound for a bullet that hits nothing.
- night fight
- commentaries of mercs (a lot)
- the real voice of shadow. I think JA:F uses the BIA voice of Shadow. pahh :p
- cool rifles and nato 7.62mm ammo
- and the best: conflict of interest...they meet MIKE. A merc too they know. But you have to (?) kill him. So little ideas were spread in JA2 - but each sector you had these interactions (voiced, + portraits pop-up, animated) got you deeper in the story. 

Is it hard to capture this in a new game? I would have praised JA:F if it could deliver such details, variants and atmosphere. I can, if you would put in another 3 month of animation/polishing =)

Report Quote
Archo 14-10-2014, 22:34 CET
Pledger

+ new bugs

- When you are in the strategic map and change the screen resolution in the settings, youre squads are misplaced and not in the sector they were before. They are outside any valid sector. You can't switch squads as an error occurs.

- When shooting with pistol in the first sector: You have 0 bullets left but 8 APs. Now you can shoot but the merc needs to reload first. After he reloaded, there is not enough AP left to shoot. So I wasted my APs and should have better took cover. This is a reproducible problem. Reloading must always be marked with the reloading cursor and how many APs it needs. That is missing so I need to calculate/plan.

- some tooltips are great. But not everywhere. Balancing is the key. Also for advanced users you should have an option in the settings to turn them off. It is always a learning curve / process

- When you are in the strategic map. With one click on a sector, my squad moves. BAD decision. You should be able to mark (yellow border) sectors. With the marking the ETA should be displayed permanently. The cursor on this field changes to a tick mark, so I can confirm the move.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 15-10-2014, 10:59 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Archo:

+ new bugs

- When you are in the strategic map and change the screen resolution in the settings, youre squads are misplaced and not in the sector they were before. They are outside any valid sector. You can't switch squads as an error occurs.

- When shooting with pistol in the first sector: You have 0 bullets left but 8 APs. Now you can shoot but the merc needs to reload first. After he reloaded, there is not enough AP left to shoot. So I wasted my APs and should have better took cover. This is a reproducible problem. Reloading must always be marked with the reloading cursor and how many APs it needs. That is missing so I need to calculate/plan.

- some tooltips are great. But not everywhere. Balancing is the key. Also for advanced users you should have an option in the settings to turn them off. It is always a learning curve / process

- When you are in the strategic map. With one click on a sector, my squad moves. BAD decision. You should be able to mark (yellow border) sectors. With the marking the ETA should be displayed permanently. The cursor on this field changes to a tick mark, so I can confirm the move.

Good stuff here for sure..will test the strategic thing now

Report Quote
Shadow86 15-10-2014, 13:57 CET
Pledger

Devs please look at this 0.9 build testing video and tell us all: Will the final build solve all these bugs and not yet implemented features? 

The guy says it right: The game could be really good if you just would take more time for developing. If the final build is not beyond 0.9 it will be a total disaster. But look at it by yourself:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_j7fcnCrQ

Report Quote
JAF Admin 15-10-2014, 14:23 CET
Super Administrator

Will give it a quick look (25 mins, will need to skip a bit), but can't really say much as we're working on all of that now... still don't know how you just take more time developing.  

Report Quote
Shadow86 15-10-2014, 14:35 CET
Pledger

Quoted JAF Admin :

Will give it a quick look (25 mins, will need to skip a bit), but can't really say much as we're working on all of that now... still don't know how you just take more time developing.  

Don't want to make panic but this guy follows the development of JAF from the beginning and he just tells the truth. There is still so much basic stuff missing like the objective, log, economy button in the strategic UI, or the reload button problems and other stuff.

Just take a look at it. Maybe it can help you in some ways. 

But to say this clear: Your game is good in many ways it just needs more time.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 6951 posts, in a total of 595 threads.

Number of Threads: 595
Number of Posts: 6951

Latest posts:

1.1.3 RC1-14095 by Claudius33

“… I have enough control of my budgets to be able to ‘land’ the entire company and avoid bankruptcy.” by TheLARPKing

About support Chinese language by Celice

Latest Kickstarter Update by JayM

Just sent an email to Thomas Lund by nakano

Open Source - The future of Flashback by Syrop

No more dev support? by JayM

Physical goods, have you received yours? by nerdherd

I'm left feeling sad....again - Strategy game of the year 1999 by Scope112

No World.json file by FunkingTron

Female Characters always start in the Prone Mesh/Animation by nakano

Update 50:Progress and Status for Jagged Alliance: Flashback by Glettkin

First impressions - please help by GoodKnight

FC you still owe me a bow... by GoodKnight

lighthouse sectors by Blankuestra

Where are the JA flashback savegame files? by Shanga@BP

Website rework: by Mad Squ

game never gets past the loading screen by eNTi

Sector inventory by GoodKnight

No Connection to Steam-Workshop by Charileux

Where to by weapon? by ZeroX318

Editor How-To Guide by PieLieDie

Very happy... FC is keeping their word by JayM

v1.1.2 hotfix bugs and feedback by JayM

Is the game dead already? by Shanga@BP

Any more major updates planed? by Sofos

Rooftops? by Psyckosama

Your most wanted (just your favorite 3) features for future patches... by Psyckosama

**RESOLVED by yackson

The stealth feature great disballance (bug) or the express training. by Lion

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines