FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › 1.1.0 on public test branch

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 03-12-2014, 21:46 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 754
1.1.0 on public test branch

1.1.0 is live on public test branch.

Changelog below but needs further updates from various teams members, will update the log tomorrow: 

- New free "DLC": New sectors and questline

- Lighthouses added to San Hermanos (controlling them removes deploy cost in adjacent sectors)

- Weapon attachments

- Modding menu

- Soviet weapon pack

- Stealth fixes

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 03-12-2014, 22:24 CET

Total Posts: 52

Oh my gosh THANK YOU!
Report Quote
Claudius33 03-12-2014, 22:35 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 92

Great.

I just started a new game and played the first 2 sectors. I haven't found any new weapons yet. However, unless I am mistaken, the descriptions of  the "soviet weapons" are missing from json file US-items.json. 

Edit : It seems that the dialogs lines of the new quest "Hungry for a vacation" are also missing from json file US-Dialogs.json. (I have just browsed the file). 

Report Quote
Shadow21 03-12-2014, 22:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 76

that was faster than i expected :)

just cheated to give the imp some attachments and the attachments are not visible on the gun. that is a big dissapointment for a 2014 game. i hope this is a bug.

another bug i found if you attach the silencer and reflector sight to the usp it shoots like a shotgun.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 03-12-2014, 22:52 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 847

Quoted Shadow21:

another bug i found if you attach the silencer and reflector sight to the usp it shoots like a shotgun.

I also had a Mosin Nagant with a bipod who all of sudden shot 2 or 3 bullets per shot (at random, just once). I thought my eyes were tricking me... but indeed it's some sort of weird bug.

And I am all for attachments showing on guns, but as a later patch. Atm no eye candy is priority. 

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 03-12-2014, 23:50 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 84

The multiple shots per attachment is a bug that we know about and are fixing already. We will check up on the missing dialog texts. Possibly a merge error.

Report Quote
Glettkin 04-12-2014, 00:01 CET

Total Posts: 132

Yeah awesome. Thanks for the update and the DLC!

Modding menu is reenabled...does this mean the ditor works now, too?

Report Quote
Django 04-12-2014, 00:25 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 95

Awesome ! Havent thought to get that so fast. I checked a bit and what i saw looks pretty nice.

I guess you added 8 soviet weapons. They all seem to lack descriptions. There is something wrong with the picture of the PPSH-41 it sesms to have the wrong size so its scaled down in the game.

The Skorpion vz.61 has the wrong animation in my game. It seems to be the animation for rifles and not for small submachine guns.

Love you for the Blyskawica, skorpion 61 and the RPK by the way.

The new starting sector is great ! Did you change the AI? I was surprised to see that the first two enemys used cover, acted together and even were able to defeat me. Im not complaining, i like it.

Some other stuff i noticed:

I think the AK-47 was already in the game but there is also something wrong with the picture. There is a line around the pic that shouldnt be there.

You used different art styles for the weapons (the old ones). The style for the M60 is more detailed and realistic, i like this style the most. Then there is the more washed artistic style like for the M1911A1 or the Obrez. Which is fine.

But some pictures like for the M40 or the Thompson SMG just arent so good. Maybe you can rework them.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 04-12-2014, 10:15 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Django:

Awesome ! Havent thought to get that so fast. I checked a bit and what i saw looks pretty nice.

I guess you added 8 soviet weapons. They all seem to lack descriptions. There is something wrong with the picture of the PPSH-41 it sesms to have the wrong size so its scaled down in the game.

The Skorpion vz.61 has the wrong animation in my game. It seems to be the animation for rifles and not for small submachine guns.

Love you for the Blyskawica, skorpion 61 and the RPK by the way.

Thx for feedback. 

They were made, but possible lost when merging (digging them up) 

Skorpion is an SMG, but using rifle animation yeah. Don't think there's a separate one that suits it better.

Report Quote
Django 04-12-2014, 10:24 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 95

I was just editing my Post :)

I think the animation that the Mac10 uses fits more for the skorpion. The two guns a very similar anyway, besides the looks.

Edit:

The high capacity magazine for rifles, pistols and smgs and the bipod add one to the base damage and double the APs for burst from 16 to 32. I guess thats a Bug.

But i like the attachments system from what i saw. A good decision to show them direct in the weapon description and not by another menu.

Edit 2:

Dont know if it was changed with this patch or before but the problem that mercs couldnt enter trough destroyed walls seems to be pretty much solved. Its much better now.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 04-12-2014, 10:25 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Glettkin:

Yeah awesome. Thanks for the update and the DLC!

Modding menu is reenabled...does this mean the ditor works now, too?

Not so sure, still needs to be updated. 

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 04-12-2014, 16:32 CET
Pledger

Here's my (partial) feedback so far. I've secured 1st island, trained militia and all, repelled 2 counterattacks (militia did!) and I've just take over first Marino sector (fighting one patrol on the way there).

• we need muffled sounds when weapons are equipped with silencers
  • stealth aka the old problem with enemy going amok when TB starts is fixed but some strange things still happen:
    • some enemies run like headless chicken without ever investigating sound source
    • other enemies just stand still doing nothing, while you shoot them from out of view range with lead
    • this behaviour was most obvious during Miguel farm fight and during the 1st patrol encounter on Garcia.
  • the "Secret Map" quest is broken I think. I found all 3 map pieces, they miss any description now, still I went to the old sector, redid all steps from memory, the secret trap door didn't open (EDIT: ITEMS_ITEMS_TREASUREMAP2_DESCRIPTION is obviously the typo in the US localization that broke the description - I fixed that and description works now)
  • still no special reaction/dialogue from Miguel when his own daughter speaks to him, just a generic "take care of her" (It's HER who you're talking to, you old senile fart!)
  • when in strategic view and viewing merc inventories, reload and unload seem not to work or work with a huge lag
  • when you trained all 15 militia the timer doesn't pause; it should pause on all major events (when militia is done, when repair/healing is done, when enemy squad is about to enter sector, etc)
  • there's no more quicksave message, also quicksave and quickload keys aren't listed in options
  • there no log anywhere
  • the new and improved militia RULES. On even numbers they absolutely whooped ass. Now Badilla militia has won 2 fights and has 10 veterans + 5 rookies (last fight they won 10-0).
  • the shotgun shot is confirmed and all over the place.
  • the loot drops and finds on 1st island are perfect - I got loads of food that quickheal, which is great, also about 5-6 attachments and plenty of ammo of all kinds - good job!
  • HP ammo performs exactly as the doctor ordered, great job Roman! Massive damage on unarmoured or light armor, 5-6 dmg on heavy armor.
  • attachments need descriptions with effects; in the future patches, maybe you consider adding visual candy to them for the OMGWOW effect (like show them on weapon model and their effects inside battle - laser light, special aim reticule, stuff like that).
  • now that we're talking stealth and attachments, we need more gear for face slot, with specific improvements: sunglasses that add viewrange during daytime (and lower it during night), NVG googles that do the opposite, hearing aids, maybe a breaklight grenade?... Or at least detail how we can mod those in ourselves...

SUGGESTION: I am going to do this in my weapons mod, but you can "steal" the idea if you wish - the ammo boxes description could include a list of weapons that use that kind of ammo - making micromanagement way way easier; i've checked and there's plenty of space to put the list (since ammo has no stats). I am going to just edit the descriptions, but you could program a function to automatically do it.

Overall so far the best fight I've had was in Marino, where the local garrison seem to have been upped a lot. First fight I got swamped cause I bunched up all my mercs so I ended up shot up in the head execution style from close range. 

On second attempt I left behind a sniper to cover my team and he basically broke the bank. I got shot up a bit, but considering I was 4 vs 15 some flesh wounds were nothing to moan about. So far I am liking a lot how shotguns and pistols with HP work, they're superb for CQB. The SMGs need further adjusting because they are useless in their main role (burst fire) due to very high AP cost.

Ok... back to the game...

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 04-12-2014, 17:20 CET
Pledger

I did notice the space isn't that big (only until it writes STATS) so if you have long description the font gets really really small. But where space permits, it's a very cool info to have, don't you think?

Also, here's an idea for a more informative attachments description box:

Report Quote
JAF Admin 04-12-2014, 18:29 CET
Super Administrator

Just Made it live, will take a look at this feedback tomorrow :) 

Report Quote
nakano 04-12-2014, 20:18 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 145

Played just one level. What's the new symbol above the merc's head?

This version seems to have the looting bug I have reported before [video].

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 04-12-2014, 21:48 CET
Pledger

It's the new stealth icon.

Report Quote
Kirro_2014 05-12-2014, 00:00 CET

Total Posts: 13

good news !!!

_____

Report Quote
nakano 06-12-2014, 08:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 145

Quoted Shanga@BP:

It's the new stealth icon.

Nice!

I like the attachments too. Tested shotgun with full choke. Shotguns in general work much better now with improvements done.

One general feedback. If there is a room in squad inventory, attachments could have its own filter and not being part of items.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines