FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › 1.1.0 Live on Steam

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 04-12-2014, 18:30 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757
1.1.0 Live on Steam

1.1.0 is now live on Steam. I've added the updated changelog below. 

Features

- New free "DLC": New sectors and questline

- Lighthouses added to San Hermanos (controlling them removes deploy cost in adjacent sectors)

• Added polish L10N

- Weapon attachments

- Modding menu

- Soviet weapon pack

• Added stealth icon

Bugfixes

• Inventory fixes

• Stealth fixes

• Weapon stats display fixes, so now it uses proper calculations of the modifiers

• Reaper achievement value fixed

• Some of the AI calculations fixed

• Fixed a possibility to duplicate items
Report Quote
Shanga@BP 04-12-2014, 19:27 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 863

This must be the fastest mod ever created for a game, I kid you not :))))

Shanga's Better Descriptions Mod

DOWNLOAD (SUBSCRIBE) ON STEAM WORKSHOP:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351089482

and better sooner than later..

Shanga's 9x39mm Spetsnaz subsonic ammo mod

Added a new 9x39 subsonic ammo type for VSS and AS Val Spetsnaz rifles. Includes a quick Default IMP equipped with a VSS for instant testing. Compatibile with JAF 1.1.0 rc2. Known Issues: This new ammo type needs to be added to the loot table and shop inventories, which will be the object of another mod. So far enjoy this as a small test (not recommended for a full playthrough). Includes Shanga's Better Description mod.

DOWNLOAD (SUBSCRIBE) on Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351149907

Report Quote
edmondo 04-12-2014, 20:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

@FC, Thanks for the new patch! :)

@Shanga, Do you know if it's possible to play with your mod subscribed on Linux?

After subscribing it, I start the game, get into the Modding menu and it says it's trying to donwload the files and stay there forever.

I checked the Player.log and there is a looping message like this:

OnCloudDownloadUGCResult - 76561197990569504_ShangaMod - Better Descriptions Creator: 76561197990569504

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
ArgumentException: Encoding name 'IBM437' not supported
Parameter name: name
  at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding (System.String name) [0x00000] in :0 
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile..cctor () [0x00000] in :0 
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Ionic.Zip.ZipFile
  at FullControl.SteamCoroutine.OnCloudDownloadUGCResult (CloudDownloadUGCResult fileInfo, Boolean ioFailure) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ManagedSteam.Implementations.SteamService.InvokeEvents[CloudDownloadUGCResult] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 values, ManagedSteam.ResultEvent`1 eventList) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ManagedSteam.Implementations.Cloud.InvokeEvents () [0x00000] in :0 
  at ManagedSteam.Steam.Update () [0x00000] in :0 
  at Steamworks.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in :0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 04-12-2014, 21:47 CET
Pledger

@edmondo - no idea mate about Linux, I have a feeling the new patch isn't ready for Linux distro yet, it's just too "fresh". The mod is compatible with 1.1.0 rc2 for Windows, no clue for other versions.

Report Quote
Django 04-12-2014, 22:01 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

Didnt you forget to mention that you added the russian L10N (localisation)?

And why is the polish localisation a sub category of the lighthouse addition? :)

Some point that i camped for to mention. You guys have the very bad habit not to post the changelogs in the News section of Steam. Its no extra work, just copy and paste. So no reason not to do it.

I know that in steam we see mostly the haters but that is even one reason more to show proud what you do.

In advertisement its only to a small part about what you do the much bigger part is about that people know what you do.

So even if its a mini update with one bugfix: Post everything!

Report Quote
edmondo 04-12-2014, 23:34 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

Quoted Shanga@BP:

@edmondo - no idea mate about Linux, I have a feeling the new patch isn't ready for Linux distro yet, it's just too "fresh". The mod is compatible with 1.1.0 rc2 for Windows, no clue for other versions.

The 1.1.0 rc2 patch it's working fine on Linux and the game doing well. I'm happy with it.

I have the issue when I try to load your "Better Descriptions Mod" (I didn't try other mods, because I was too lazy to do it... ;-) ).

From the error "Encoding name 'IBM437' not supported" it seems to be something with the unity engine and the mono library. I'll search a bit more around and make some experiments and if I have something useful send it to the FC support.

Report Quote
Glettkin 05-12-2014, 01:52 CET

Total Posts: 137

Quoted Django:

In advertisement its only to a small part about what you do the much bigger part is about that people know what you do.

So even if its a mini update with one bugfix: Post everything!

Totally agree with Django here. I always say: "post it on the main page"... For god´s sake, it´s not that hard, is it? You have an update...its official...so do it !!

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 05-12-2014, 08:00 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 84

The Russian localizaton isnt fully complete. An update will come out next week with the missing content (for the new quests etc).

But yeah - Andreas forgot to post it as news..... NO COOKIES!!!

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 05-12-2014, 08:58 CET

Total Posts: 52

Again, FC made my day. I was playing and finally got into OSIM (yeeeeaaaah!), logged out and steam started updating JA:F. I wouldn't have expected the patch to be public so fast THANK YOU!

I agree with Django, show the people you still work hard. Especially with this update - the opening of the modding section is a huge thing I think. The modding button in the main menu was"greyed out" until yesterday and I think a lot of the modders just sat tight and relaxed until this is now working.

@Shanga: THANK YOU for the description mod - that's the first thing that came to my mind after reading about the soviet weopons - oh no, there won't be "user descriptions" for that for a couple of days oh no oh no :-)
I will test that after work - let me guess: I activate "modding packs" in the main menu and they are updated automaticly when they're changed? I can "turn on and off mods"? Please bring your JA2-like camera fix as a mod, too. It's the first thing I change after every patch. Not complaining here!!

I think we come close to the day where we write letters to all the gaming magazines to test the patched JA:F again and raise their rating for the game...I'll write a positive review for steam this weekend I think when I'm moody.

Weekend here I come! Oh wait...10 hours to go ... aaaah ...  :-)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 05-12-2014, 11:34 CET
Pledger

@Lord - you need to "subscribe" to my mods on Steam Workshop (inside Steam client, JAF section):

Then you will see my mods under modding section ingame. And yes, you can turn them on/off as you wish.

PS: Good idea about the camera mod, forgot about it.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 05-12-2014, 12:04 CET
Pledger

Made the camera into a Steam Workshop mod, enjoy:

Shanga's JA2 Ismetric Camera for JAF 1.1.0

DOWNLOAD (SUBSCRIBE):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351369905

UPDATE: I fixed the annoying camera rotation on zoom-in bug. 

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 05-12-2014, 14:23 CET
Pledger

Ammo dupe bug (as reported on Steam):

- i can confirmed the following ammo dupe bug: placing a weapon on ground or inside a container and reloading the map by splitting the squad and entering the map with 2nd squad generates a fully loaded weapon inside the container.

- F9 Bear's Pit - NPC Pedro has empty dialog box.

- Spigadores - when recruiting Chevalier, right after clicking "Let's go", the quest box freezes and bugs the entire game. (FATAL) 

Ignore this, seems like my mod was using some obsolete dialogue files which caused the crashes. I've updated the mod and all was fine.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-12-2014, 02:19 CET
Pledger

Crash in F6 when coming back to Lecter to deliver the feed the bear quest. Forever loading loop:

Getting sector data F6

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FullControl.Tx.Entities.Grid.SquareTileModel.BoxDistance (FullControl.Tx.Entities.Grid.TileModel tile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Entities.Grid.TileModel.GetBoxDistance (FullControl.Tx.Entities.Grid.TileModel tile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Entities.Units.JAFUnit.UpdateVisibilityOfNPC (FullControl.Tx.Entities.Units.JAFUnit npc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Entities.Units.JAFUnit.RecheckVisibility (Boolean mutual) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Entities.WorldModel.RecheckVisibiltyOnAliveUnits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Commands.RemoveUnitCommand.StartCommand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Commands.Command.FullControl.Tx.Commands.ITXCommand.Init (FullControl.Tx.Entities.Entity entity, Boolean interactive, Boolean blocking) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.Commands.CommandManager.StartCommand (FullControl.Tx.Commands.Command command, FullControl.Tx.Entities.Entity entity, Boolean interactive, Boolean blocking) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.TacticalLayerLuaWrapper.RemoveUnit (ILuaState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UniLua.LuaState.D_PreCall (UniLua.StkId func, Int32 nResults) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UniLua.LuaState.V_Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UniLua.LuaState.D_Call (UniLua.StkId func, Int32 nResults, Boolean allowYield) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UniLua.LuaState.UniLua.ILuaAPI.CallK (Int32 numArgs, Int32 numResults, Int32 context, UniLua.CSharpFunctionDelegate continueFunc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UniLua.LuaState.UniLua.ILuaAPI.Call (Int32 numArgs, Int32 numResults) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Lua.LuaManager.RunScript (System.String luaScript, Boolean condition, System.Boolean& executionResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Lua.LuaManager.RunScript (System.String luaScript) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.GameLogic.Trigger.Activate (System.String locals) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.GameLogic.GameLogicManager.ExecuteTriggers (EventType eventType, System.String locals) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.GameManager.LoadMission (System.String sectorId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FullControl.Tx.LevelLoader+<LoadSceneCoroutine>c__Iterator58.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1304 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 124687.
Total: 179.188217 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.099125 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.133691 ms MarkObjects: 169.289566 ms  DeleteObjects: 3.382935 ms)

Report Quote
Junior 06-12-2014, 06:23 CET

Total Posts: 1

Version of the game now is 1.1.1. Will there be any information about it?

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 06-12-2014, 10:32 CET

Total Posts: 52

Uhoh - I have quite a few problems with fighing since updating. It seems like my mercs don't recognize when all enemies are killed - they behave like in tactical mode.

I can't switch my mercs by clicking on their portraits quite often - I have to open and close the inventory, then it works again.

Now my merc is stuck in intercept-mode and can't loot ("Inventory not allowed when interception is activated") and I can't go back to the strategic map, too (nothing happens when clicking the button). Well I'm trapped now and rethink starting a new game - again :-(

Edit: I started a new game and it behaves normal. Please let me finish the campaign this time  ;-)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-12-2014, 13:55 CET
Pledger

Same bug as Lord. 

Sector: Krasnodar - very laggy, almost froze (you can "unfreeze" mercs by selecting different weapon slots for some reason). 

Now I am stuck in Player Turn, can't select entire squad, yet there's no turn-based more on.

UPDATE: Moving out of the sector in Strategic View and back in (and thus reloading the map) made the bug dissapear).

Click for zoom

Report Quote
Andr 06-12-2014, 16:54 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 35

I suddenly cant reload Rifles in 5.56 anymore (M16 and Sig)

Report Quote
Glettkin 06-12-2014, 19:07 CET

@shanga

Thanks for the great mods. They really made it into 1.1 quickly. It proves you´re really into JAF. I like all of them so far, except the "Shanga's 9x39mm Spetsnaz subsonic ammo mod"... was sceptical about that one, because another ammo type also means less chance to find it.

Will give all the other mods a good review on steam soon.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-12-2014, 19:54 CET
Pledger

9x39 was more a personal favour to Smeagol (AIMNAS guy) who was shocked VSS and AS VAL use standard 9mm instead of subsonic. Also it's more of a tech demo for future (serious) ammo mods. Or as you'd say "proof of concept".

A real mod would start by altering loot tables and adding the new ammo to shops.

Speaking of VSS... the sound of that thing makes me cringe, because the accuracy of that weapon is scary. I use an AS VAL and it's already OP, I can't imagine yet how good the VSS is. Sadly the enemy who was equipped with it didn't drop it after he became top priority target and ate 4 bullets to die.

Report Quote
Andr 06-12-2014, 20:14 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 35

Quoted Andr:

I suddenly cant reload Rifles in 5.56 anymore (M16 and Sig)

The Problem was caused by editing weapons.json
 The funny thing ist that i didnt edit the M16 or the ammo

Report Quote
Glettkin 06-12-2014, 20:50 CET

@shanga

yeah, thought it was like that in a way.

@andr

hmmm, maybe people who did manipulate the game should report bugs somewhere else^^ (--> edit)

It´s not just you, i´ve seen this plenty of times by now.

Imo If we change the code/data/json. files in any way and then say: hey something doesn´t work, we create confusion for the devs for no reason.

edit: i´ll open that one^^ See the"V 1.1.0/1.1.1 bugs and feedback....(+) I have modded the game" threat.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-12-2014, 23:36 CET
Pledger

Click image for zoom.

Bad asset blocking. You can shoot through those barrels, despite the fact that they indicate fullc over.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 6954 posts, in a total of 595 threads.

Number of Threads: 595
Number of Posts: 6954

Latest posts:

1.1.3 RC1-14095 by Tmib

“… I have enough control of my budgets to be able to ‘land’ the entire company and avoid bankruptcy.” by TheLARPKing

About support Chinese language by Celice

Latest Kickstarter Update by JayM

Just sent an email to Thomas Lund by nakano

Open Source - The future of Flashback by Syrop

No more dev support? by JayM

Physical goods, have you received yours? by nerdherd

I'm left feeling sad....again - Strategy game of the year 1999 by Scope112

No World.json file by FunkingTron

Female Characters always start in the Prone Mesh/Animation by nakano

Update 50:Progress and Status for Jagged Alliance: Flashback by Glettkin

First impressions - please help by GoodKnight

FC you still owe me a bow... by GoodKnight

lighthouse sectors by Blankuestra

Where are the JA flashback savegame files? by Shanga@BP

Website rework: by Mad Squ

game never gets past the loading screen by eNTi

Sector inventory by GoodKnight

No Connection to Steam-Workshop by Charileux

Where to by weapon? by ZeroX318

Editor How-To Guide by PieLieDie

Very happy... FC is keeping their word by JayM

v1.1.2 hotfix bugs and feedback by JayM

Is the game dead already? by Shanga@BP

Any more major updates planed? by Sofos

Rooftops? by Psyckosama

Your most wanted (just your favorite 3) features for future patches... by Psyckosama

**RESOLVED by yackson

The stealth feature great disballance (bug) or the express training. by Lion

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines