FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › 1.1.2 on Public Test Branch

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 18-12-2014, 12:37 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757
1.1.2 on Public Test Branch
Public Test Branch (currently win only)

1.1.2 is now live on the new public test branch. This means that you can all get to test and play it now through Steam. If no major issues are reported it's then made live for all to enjoy. 

To get access to the public testing branch, you need to do the following:

In your Library, right click on Jagged Alliance: Flashback and select Properties
Under the beta tab, select the "public_test" branch. It is not password protected.

Beware, that we do not guarantee for save game corruption, inquisitors or the occasional waaaaagh to happen. Backup your save game folder please, and this is on your own risk!

Bugfixes

• some localization fixes
  • fixed AI bugs related to stealth
  • fixed bug with some of the AI units not wearing enough armor
  • fixed the mods menu to work on OSX and Linux
  • fixed NRE on NPC lookup that caused game crashes
  • fixed bugs in the Spigadoro quest
  • fixed the ammo duplication exploit
  • fixed the mercenary becoming wounded after levelup

Features

• Public editor updated
  • DLC clothes pack released
  • Russian localization added

Bugfixes

• Various localization fixes
  • Fixed the squad inventory to not be accessible during the combat
  • Russian l10n button is disabled (not ready yet)
  • NPCs are now visible on bigger distance
Report Quote
Shanga@BP 18-12-2014, 13:27 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 863

Where is that DLC clothes pack to be more exact? Doesn't look to be an armor item and I see no changes in IMP creation either...?

EDIT: It's activated by code, nvm ... Guess whoever ordered it will receive a code by email then.

Report Quote
Tmib 18-12-2014, 17:18 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 66

How do I know which version I have? I tried to find anything in the game, but there is nothing.

The JA 2 had like v.1.x.x , but I can't find anything like that in Flashback now. 

Would someone tell me where the version number is in the game? Thank you.

Report Quote
nakano 18-12-2014, 18:37 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 148

Quoted Tmib:

How do I know which version I have? I tried to find anything in the game, but there is nothing.

It's in the main menu screen in a very small font under the Exit to Desktop button.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 18-12-2014, 19:21 CET
Pledger

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 18-12-2014, 20:23 CET
Pledger

I've started to compile a list of spelling errors since more than a few people said this is bugging them out and gives the game an unfinished look. Opening the jsons with Notepad++ shows you clearly what is mispelt so I think someone should do that soonish. I'll give you some examples to start with:

US-ui.json (for now)

{ "key": "MODDING_STATUS_ERROR_UPLOAD_UNSUCCESFULL", "text": "Upload unsuccesfull" },

correct is: unsuccessful

{ "key": "MODDING_STATUS_PUBLISHED", "text": "Mod succesfully published" },

corect is: successfully

{"key":"TXT_ARMOR", "text":"Armor"},

{"key":"TXT_CONDITION_ARMOR_PENALTY", "text":"Armor Penalty"},

Armor is the American spelling of the noun meaning a protective covering. Armour is the preferred spelling in all the other main varieties of English. Other than the spelling, there is no difference between the words.

{"key":"TXT_MILITIA_TRAINED", "text":"Milita Trained"},

correct: Militia

{ "key": "TXT_PERKS_FINISHER_INFO", "text": "Get an accurracy bonus ({0}) when attacking adjacent enemies" },

Correct is: accuracy 

{ "key": "TXT_PERKS_TEAMPLAYER_INFO", "text": "Never accidentally shoot your own mercanaries" },

correct is: mercenaries

{ "key": "IMP_QUESTIONAIRE_COMPLETED", "text": "You have completed the questionaire and earned the following perks:" },

questionnaire

Report Quote
edmondo 18-12-2014, 20:32 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

The Linux version on the public_beta seems to be 1.1.0rc2.

It would be great if you could also push the 1.1.2 for Linux. THANKS :-)

Report Quote
JAF Admin 19-12-2014, 10:38 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

Yeah, takes time to make all builds, will most likely "just" go out when goign live. 

Report Quote
haimat 19-12-2014, 14:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 3

Quoted JAF Admin :

Yeah, takes time to make all builds, will most likely "just" go out when goign live. 

Is 1.1.2 for Linux out yet? If not, what are the plans for it?

I want to start playing the game for the first time today :-)

Report Quote
Tmib 19-12-2014, 17:08 CET
Pledger

Quoted nakano:
Quoted Tmib:

It's in the main menu screen in a very small font under the Exit to Desktop button.

Thanks. :)

Report Quote
Tmib 21-12-2014, 03:42 CET
Pledger

I keep playing with the game, but I don't really have a chance. There is no ammo. The enemies drop some 9mm, 45 acp and maybe some .44 magnum, but it's not helping too much. I had hopes for the store, but that guy doesn't really sell only 30 rounds of this, or 10 rounds of that.

First all I bought is a box of shotgun shells. Then I fought through most of the island, but I was out of ammo, so I cannot do anything. I turned back and tried to make it back to the arms seller. My team got heavy losses, 2 members of my team - Rest In Peace. I had a firefight in Badilla too, multiple serious injuries, now most of my medical gear is also gone.

Walked in the store to the salesman and now I see that all I can buy is 30 rounds of 7.62x39mm. I can't win a war with 30 rounds of ammo.

The farmer's daughter is still Missing in Action. I have no idea where did she go. After a fight, I noticed that she is not in the team anymore. Maybe she fell in love with a tourist and left the island with him, I don't know. lol But she just disappeared from my team and she was gone forever. 

(I guess it's just a bug in the game, but I like this background story better. haha)

Report Quote
Django 21-12-2014, 12:40 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 107

@Tmib

Hm, my experince was different. I didnt had real ammo shortcommings but on the other hand i did a lot of "save-cheating". I saved alot and when i killed an enemy and he didnt drop something or the loot was crap i loaded and killed him again.

I dont know if its easy possible to let enemys really drop what they have and not just something.

You can change the dropchance for ammo if you like.

Just look for the Items.json file.

Here is the folder located: Steam\SteamApps\common\Jagged Alliance Flashback\game_Data\StreamingAssets\Original\Data\Items

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 21-12-2014, 16:01 CET
Pledger

I did find some ammo types are lacking, but in general I had no ammo issues. The key is not to over-extend and hire 6 mercs on day 1. That will make you bankrupt fast. I cleared 1st island with 4 mercs, freed Vicky, then when contract extension poped-up I let everyone go except my IMP and Vicky. With them two I trained militia for farm and Badilla. And only after that I talked to the ferryman and moved onto Garcia island (with a full team of 6 mercs).

And I secured Marino before the mine, because Marino has a better shop with Tier 2 gear. So it was kinda of a priority.

Report Quote
Tmib 22-12-2014, 02:37 CET
Pledger

I do have money, I just the guy in Badilla has a really pathetic shop. :D A friend of mine just told me, that there are more gun/ammo sellers in big cities, I'll look for them and hopefully find them.

Vicky the farmers' daughter, right? :)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 22-12-2014, 11:43 CET
Pledger

Badilla shop is Tier 1 - SMGs, M1 Garand and Mosin Nagant rifles. 

Marino shop is Tier 2 - M40 sniper rifles, AKs, etc

Tio shop is Tier 3 - Barrett, VSS, etc

Download my map mods and you will see their locations on the maps.

Report Quote
Tmib 23-12-2014, 01:29 CET
Pledger

I fought my way to Marino, It took my all day. I found the gun salesman guy. ...and he had 60 rounds of 7.62x39mm.

Just for comparison, when I go to the shooting range, I leave the house with at least 700 rounds of ammo. :D 

I think US soldiers carry like 210-240 rounds of ammo if they are on a mission. :)

So far in the game the ammo dealers have 30-60 rounds, and that's all. Even if they'd have 10 times more, that's still wouldn't be "a lot".

I think there should be an option for "Tons of Guns", like in JA2. The gun are also breaking too easily. It's also unclear how the repairing is going. I see if my team getting more healthy, but I'm not sure about their guns and equipment. Since they shoot only a couple rounds / fight, the gun-malfunctions and such shouldn't be a problem anyways. Maybe that one also should have an option to turn on and off. Or maybe a settings, like "more likely", like now, "less likely" and "turn off".

The militia worth nothing, really. I started to train them, but they got wiped off like they were nothing. Maybe their strenght setting also should be an option. "Weak trained - neighborhood watch" like now, "medium trained - militia" and "heavy trained - professional commando". Or something like these. :)

Report Quote
julian 23-12-2014, 12:36 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 32

In my view the ammo count is fine, compared to JA2 start even too many available now as I never had big problems with ammo economy compared to JA2 starts.

You are that the repair mechanism is broken and I couldnt find any values which represents the loss per shot. Therefore I modded repair kits with 1000/2500/5000 capacities in the badilla shop but repairing of all my equipement took over 2 weeks ingame^^

@shanga or any other modder: Is there a value how fast equipment/weapons loose durability or how fast stuff is repaired in json files?

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 23-12-2014, 13:02 CET
Pledger

"RepairTickInterval": 600,

Guess that handles repairs.

Tmib, you can edit the shopkeepers inventory in theory, but I can't seem to find them in 1.1.2

Report Quote
Django 23-12-2014, 13:17 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 107

In the items.json all ammos seems to have a random loot chance of zero now. Maybe nothing random anymore? I think it was 1% before.

I also think that the ammo count is more or less ok, maybe some adjustments. If we really would find the amount of ammunition that is used in real life we would have an absurd quantity of rounds in no time. And the "invisible mule" would be even more absurd than it is now. In real life a firefight with 40 people can last 5 hours with thousands of shots fired and only 4 people hit. Its a different thing.

No idea how hard it would be to create options for more weapons and/or ammo but i would like that.

With the militias i wouldnt want stronger militias but a option to fight with them together in the auto fight. And an option to not let the militia fight first but fight directly on the ground with my mercs (if in the sector).

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 23-12-2014, 14:14 CET
Pledger

Militia is fine when they fight as a full group of 15. You just need to make sure the enemy doesn't get to them before you train those 15. Just watch the counter-attack routes and have your main squad defend outside the town and intercept the attack, while a cheap merc continues training militia.

--

@Django - having a button that lets you fight instead of militia is a very sensible and good idea! We should push for that - shouldn't be so hard for the devs to implement it.

Report Quote
julian 23-12-2014, 15:49 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 32

I added these lines into the itemgroups.json to get a 100% chance of getting repair kits every time I check him and added the durability valie here to get better kits additionally:

{
        "id": "Gennadi's Bar",
        "rangeGroup": "high",
        "durabilityMin": 100,
        "durabilityMax": 1000,
        "items":
        [
            [
                {
                    "id" : "Repair_Kit_1",
                    "chance": 80
                },
                {
                    "id" : "Repair_Kit_2",
                    "chance": 90
                },
                {
                    "id" : "Repair_Kit_3",
                    "chance": 100
                },
            ],

As for the militia I find them too strong as soon as you have 15. They become too fast veterans(I have found the value to edit but didnt tested it yet with lower value than 0.5) and noone is ever dying of them similar how many enemy attacks are incoming.

Report Quote
Tmib 03-01-2015, 06:42 CET
Pledger

Alright, looks like the not too much ammo purchase option makes no sense anyways, since waiting like 1 day and you can buy a small amount of ammo again. You must waste time and you can buy ammo then. Same about medical gears.

Since I figured this out, I have no problem with ammo.

The militia thing is also ok, looks like If I have enough time to train 15 / sector, the enemy has no chance against them. That's good.

I also just figured out how to level up the fighters. No wonder I had struggle to fight against the army, since all my team was on the starting level. XD

The guns are breakiny way too easily, that's still annoying, I'm not sure what to do about that. Maybe I'll check the coding and change it to more realistic. It would be better, if there would be failure to feed or failure to eject sometimes, or having a bad ammo. And it would take 1 turn to clear the casing from the gun, the AP would depends on which failure the gun has.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines