FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Soviet Union Weapon Pack

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 27-10-2014, 14:18 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 728
Soviet Union Weapon Pack

Below is a list of suggested guns for the Soviete Union Pack. 

Feedbck and suggestions are of course welcome

Soviet Union Pack:
-PPD SMG, Russia, Submachine gun (1935) 7.62x25mm
-VSS, Russia, Sniper rifle (1987) 9x39mm
-As Val, Russia, Assault rifle (1980) 9x39mm
-Degtyarev DPM, Russia, Light Machine gun (1928-1960) 7.62x51mm
-Tokarev TT-33, Russia, semi-automatic pistol (1933) 7.62x25mm
-KS-23, Russia, Shotgun (1985) 23x75mmR

Report Quote
Blankuestra 27-10-2014, 14:26 CET

Total Posts: 17

Sugestions:

SVDs sniper rifle

AP-9, 7.62x39mm

PP-19, 9x19mm

AA-12 shotgun

Report Quote
Keyboard-Cowboy 27-10-2014, 14:30 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 9

Sweet, any ETA on when it might get released? :D

Report Quote
Andr 27-10-2014, 15:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 28

PPSH- 41

Report Quote
JAF Admin 27-10-2014, 15:51 CET
Super Administrator

SVD is allready in

AP9 US gun

pp-19 is too new 

aa-12 US Shotgun

Report Quote
JAF Admin 27-10-2014, 15:51 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Keyboard-Cowboy:

Sweet, any ETA on when it might get released? :D

Dont' have an EYa, just getting the "list" now an dI guess we'll get cracking on it. 

Report Quote
JAF Admin 27-10-2014, 15:52 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Andr:

PPSH- 41

I think this one could work, but really similar to on that we habe ready. Doesn't mean it couldn't go it with slightly different stats

Report Quote
sidew 27-10-2014, 16:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 15

For Shotgun:
Saiga 12
KS-23

Pistol:
Markarov PM 9x18mm

SMG
Skorpion  9.18mm

Report Quote
JAF Admin 27-10-2014, 16:52 CET
Super Administrator

Saiga 12, made in the 90's (too new)
KS-23 is already in the list :) 

Markarov PM, could be a possible side arm instead of the Tokarev TT-33

Skorpion, is a Czech firearm..guess it's a grey zoen whether or not it should be in for the Soviet Pack

Report Quote
Andr 27-10-2014, 17:04 CET
Pledger

Quoted JAF Admin :

Skorpion, is a Czech firearm..guess it's a grey zoen whether or not it should be in for the Soviet Pack

Then call it "Warsaw Pact Weapon Pack" :D

forgot to mention this one:

PKM

Russian general purpose machine gun wich fires 7,62x54R cartridge

Report Quote
Blankuestra 27-10-2014, 17:51 CET

Total Posts: 17

Totally forgot about the time space :P

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 18:05 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 716

Makarov, Tokarev and Škorpion vz. 61 are in-house classics due to JA2 mods. Skorpion was exported to all communist allies, so nobody would object. Saiga is also a classic.

VSS seems a bit 90ish... a bit of stretch.. In JA2 was so overpowered it was scary so it's very very tempting... 

PKM is a very nice idea, but should have more punch that RPK, life in RL... The damn thing can be used as AA... Also should support night vision equipment (PKMSN).

---

As a patriotic suggestion, I would mention the "poor man's Dragunov", the Romanian made PSL (PSL-54C, Romak III, FPK, FPK Dragunov). Made from 1974 to present day, it's based on the RPK. It's arguably one of the most exported sniper rifle ever made at Cugir arms factory (especially due to the restrictions imposed on Dragunov exports). Since it's closer to the "AK roots" than the Dragunov, it's much easier to maintain. Build quality is lower though so accuracy is worse. Though apparently similar to the SVD, it's a completely different build.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSL_(rifle)

Might be an overkill to have two almost similar sniper rifles, but there are quite a few on NATO side. It's also a weapon quite popular with the enthusiasts in US and elsewhere due to much lower costs.

(OFFTOPIC): Benelli was mentioned on BP as a bit too modern. A more fitting option would be Franchi LAW-12, simpler and lighter variant developed from the better known SPAS-12 (8rd tube mag, 3.3kg, semi auto). 

Report Quote
JayM 27-10-2014, 18:52 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 36

Are there different types of AK in? LIke AKSU, AKM, AK-47/74 etc?

Also, how about the Mosin-Nagant 1944 Carbine? I think the Polish Army has been using it for quite a while after WW2 - it even comes with a bayonet, but I don't know if that could easily be worked into the game (I guess not, it's not that important anyway).

I know this is not a Russian/Soviet weapon but can we have a Steyr A.U.G.? It was developed in the late 70s and many 80s flicks like Die Hard used it due to its futuristic look. Unless it's already in the game and I simply haven't gotten that far ;)

Report Quote
Keyboard-Cowboy 27-10-2014, 19:04 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 9

There is a Steyr in the game, not sure if it's the A.U.G tho. Looks like the short-barrel version of it.

Report Quote
JayM 27-10-2014, 19:14 CET
Pledger

Quoted Keyboard-Cowboy:

There is a Steyr in the game, not sure if it's the A.U.G tho. Looks like the short-barrel version of it.

Sounds like the 9mm for special forces - thanks for the info!

Report Quote
Django 27-10-2014, 20:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 62

How about:

Czech (Warsaw Pact) Skorpion vz. 61 very special design A lot players seen it already in other games. In use since 1961 till present.

Hungarian (Warsaw Pact) AMD 65

A copy of the AKM. Biggest pluspoint it looks very modern but is very old. Light and accurate but less range then the AKM. In use since 1967 (and is still) and distributed to a lot small countries around the globe (Cuba, Panama).

And in my oppinon you shouldnt stick to strict to soviet weapons. In the JA games its alot about internationalization. Or in other words: more is better. We will not complain about to much weapons.

Report Quote
FanaticJudge 27-10-2014, 22:49 CET

Total Posts: 25

- AK 74 and the different variants (AK 74U / RPK 74) + the new 5.45x39 ammo

- Zastava M76 (Yugoslavian sniper variant of the AK 47)

According to Wikipedia this uses the 7.92mm Mauser cartridge but i doubt that. Would work fine with 7.62x39 or 7.62x54 imo.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 22:56 CET
Pledger

Quoted Keyboard-Cowboy:

Click for zoom

Filename is SteyrAUG.png. My undestanding is that ALL are actually AUGs (Armee-Universal-Gewehr—"universal army rifle") . But it comes different barrel versions since it's modular like a lego toy. If you ask me, the ingame one looks like the Commando version.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 23:27 CET
Pledger

Nagant M1895 (very rare, special ammo)

7.62×38mmR (7.62mm Nagant)

The M1895 revolver was used extensively by the Russian Imperial Army and later by the Soviet Union after the Russian Revolution. In Russian service, it was known for its extreme sturdiness and ability to withstand abuse. As one former Imperial Russian officer stated, "if anything went wrong with the M1895, you could fix it with a hammer".[citation needed]

It was widely employed by the Bolshevik secret police, the Cheka, as well as its Soviet successor agencies, the OGPU and NKVD. In the police role, it was frequently seen with a cut-down barrel to aid in concealment by plainclothes agents. Despite the advent of the more modern Soviet TT pistol, the M1895 remained in production and use throughout World War II.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 23:33 CET
Pledger

An absolutely ICONIC smg for the Polish fans, would win you many credits with them, despite the fact...cough... that you didn't thought of localising ... cough for the 2nd biggest EU fanbase after Germany... cough...

Błyskawica submachine gun

Cartridge 9x19mm Parabellum
Action blowback
Rate of fire 600 round/min
Muzzle velocity 400 m/s
Effective firing range 200 m
Feed system 32 round box magazin

The Błyskawica, polish for lightning, was a submachine gun produced by the Armia Krajowa, or Home Army, a Polish resistance movement fighting the Germans in occupied Poland. Together with a Polish version of the Sten sub-machine gun, with which it shares some design elements, it was the only weapon mass produced covertly in occupied Europe during World War II.

Report Quote
Bror.A 27-10-2014, 23:41 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 3

Hi everyone!

My name is Bror, CG-artist here at Full Control, Currently working on the guns.

Would like to thank you all for the great input so far, alot of great sugestions.
Will sit down tomorrow to reevaluate my list, now that we have a better understanding of what you would like to see in the game.

@JayM
We allready have the AK-47, AKM and the RPK.

@Django
There was a large request for more Soviet weapons in the game, that is why it was named the Soviet pack, but will look into what we can add now that we are aware of what all of you would like.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 23:51 CET
Pledger

Obrez? Ivan gives son Ivan Obrez to play with friends "Soviet kill CIA agents" games. Ivan no like Obrez, Ivan like vodka and KS-23! Give Ivan 23mm shotgun. NOW!

The KS-23 was designed in the 1970s for suppressing prison riots. It was created by TsNII-Tochmash, a key Russian weapons developer, for the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD). The barrel for the KS-23 was made from 23 mm anti-aircraft gun barrels that were rejected due to manufacturing flaws. These rejected barrels were deemed to be acceptable for the lower stress of firing slugs and less-lethal rounds, and thus were cut down in length for use as shotgun barrels. The KS-23 began to see use during the mid-1980s by several MVD forces. During the 1990s, research was made into improving the original design to make it usable in confined indoor areas. Two prototypes were proposed, the KS-23M and KS-23K, although only the M version saw use. Today, both the standard KS-23 and the KS-23M are in use by Russian law enforcement.

Report Quote
Andr 28-10-2014, 10:50 CET
Pledger

Quoted Shanga@BP:
Quoted Keyboard-Cowboy:

Click for zoom

Filename is SteyrAUG.png. My undestanding is that ALL are actually AUGs (Armee-Universal-Gewehr—"universal army rifle") . But it comes different barrel versions since it's modular like a lego toy. If you ask me, the ingame one looks like the Commando version.

One minor detail to keep in mind: The game version of Steyr AUG is a recent version (A2/A3 ?) wich has a railmount for optics instead of the scope, so it doesnt fit the 80s time period.

Why are we talking about the Steyr in a topic about russian weapons ? Will there also be a NATO weapons pack ?

Report Quote
JAF Admin 28-10-2014, 10:56 CET
Super Administrator

So far only making a Soviet Weapon Pack..possible more later, can't say at this point. 

Report Quote
JayM 28-10-2014, 11:11 CET
Pledger

Quoted Shanga@BP:
Quoted Keyboard-Cowboy:

Click for zoom

Thanks for posting a pic of the in-game AUG Shanga - I think though that it isn't the right design, it looks like a hybrid of several diferent versions. To my best knowledge only some civilian versions don't have a scope, and they were introduced only a few years ago. If it's meant to be the  very short-barrelled commando version, then the magazine is wrong (needs to be 9mm). Also, this version wasn't introduced until 1988 - I doubt mercs in JAF would have access to that.

I would go for the longer barrel and the scope like the A1 or A2 version to be on the safe side.

But I realise that with all the other stuff that needs to be fixed this is a bit nitpicking ;)

Report Quote
JayM 28-10-2014, 11:15 CET
Pledger

Quoted JAF Admin :

So far only making a Soviet Weapon Pack..possible more later, can't say at this point. 

Any chance we will get an RPG?

Report Quote
Django 28-10-2014, 11:19 CET
Pledger

Not really sure what all the others think. But i would love if the Soviet Weapon Pack would be a Warsaw Pact Weapon Pack.

Shanga + sidev, andr seem to agree.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 28-10-2014, 12:53 CET
Pledger

Maybe they wanted the scope off so not to confuse people. Maybe the pic changes when you add a scope as attachment... Dunno. But I agree, now that you mention it, that always had this feeling of being a bit "off"... never figured out what's missing until you mentioned the scope, hehe.

Anyway, the inventory pic is easy to edit. I wonder if the attachments will be shown dynamically on the 3d model.

Bror? Is that too much to code/design?

Report Quote
Bror.A 28-10-2014, 14:39 CET
Pledger

Just dropping by to give you and updated gun list, it is not final and could change during the process of modeling them. But as you can see i changed out some of the guns in the list for the more popular suggestions here.

Gun pack:
-PPSh-41, Russia, Submachine gun (1941) 7.62x25mm
-VSS, Russia, Sniper rifle (1987) 9x39mm
-As Val, Russia, Assault rifle (1980) 9x39mm
-Degtyarev DPM, Russia, Light Machine gun (1928-1960) 7.62x51mm
-Makarov PM, Russia, Pistol (1951) 9x18mm
-KS-23, Russia, Shotgun (1985) 23x75mmR
-Skorpion vz.61, Czech, Submachine gun (1961)
++ Weekend guns

@Shanga
Not shure what is planned yet for the attachments, but would personally love to make all the attachments for the guns so they are visible in game.

@Django
The list is now including more than just Soviet Union guns, lets see if more warsaw guns makes it into the list.

Report Quote
JayM 28-10-2014, 15:15 CET
Pledger

When is JAF set again? Not sure if it is realistic that a Soviet sniper rifle that was introduced in 1987 is deployed in such a short time to some troops at the other and of the planet. Was 1987 actually the year it was issued to troops? Normally it takes a few years for the military to issue newly developed weapons.

Not that I mind the VSS being in there, but I think the Dragunov would be a more realistic choice?

Report Quote
Bror.A 28-10-2014, 15:50 CET
Pledger

Quoted JayM:

When is JAF set again? Not sure if it is realistic that a Soviet sniper rifle that was introduced in 1987 is deployed in such a short time to some troops at the other and of the planet. Was 1987 actually the year it was issued to troops? Normally it takes a few years for the military to issue newly developed weapons.

Not that I mind the VSS being in there, but I think the Dragunov would be a more realistic choice?

JAF is set in the mid 80's. The gun was issued to troops in 1987, while the design was early 1980's. But you might be right about the druganov being a better fit for the game.

Report Quote
Loki 28-10-2014, 15:56 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 179

in general i think making games that are in the past, especially in the past of a game series is hard.

So many mistakes can be made and in my opinion were made (f.e. mercs)

Report Quote
Grim 28-10-2014, 16:37 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

JA:F is set in 1988, and since the island and the prince have been smuggling weapons a lot, it wouldn't seem too unrealistic if weapons of 1987-88 were in the country.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 28-10-2014, 17:18 CET
Pledger

Silent sniper rifles will put so much strain of the coders to get the Stealth working perfectly and being balanced and all that I am almost laughing. I wonder when the first Steam user will post "OMG, someone shot all my team in the head, I never heard a sound, never saw anyone, game sux!!!!".

Hihi...

Report Quote
gdalf 28-10-2014, 21:41 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 117

I thought they said somewhere they'd shifted the era to very early 1990s?
Report Quote
Grim 28-10-2014, 23:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

Looks pretty clear to me.

Report Quote
47Hitmen 30-10-2014, 00:49 CET

As i mentionned in the other topic, those would be nice.. :3
Quoted 47Hitmen:

Hi! I saw that you were looking for somme russian style weapons for the game so.. Here I go again ^^
Assault rifles:

Chinese Type 81:

Russian Groza OC-14 / OTs-14:

Indian INSAS: (notreally good as a rifle, but could be a good starting/cheap rifle)

SAR-80 (Singapore):

Czech SA Vz.58: (still good tofay, planning to buy one IRL ;) )

South Korean K2/1:

SR-88 (Singapore):

Japanese Type 89:

Russian AEK-971:

Russian AS "Val" :

MachineGun:

Russian SR-3 / SR-3M "Vikhr" :

Russian 9A-91:

Russian PP-90:

Sniper Rifles:

Czech CZ700:

Russian VSK-94: (I thnink this would be a great choice in the game ;) )
Russian VSS:

Of course, don't forget SDVU and other goodies that i mentionned before but I hope this will help you ;)

And i would also like some special operation russian silenced/quiet pistols (Like the PSS or the S4M) :3

Report Quote
Django 30-10-2014, 08:47 CET
Pledger

@47Hitmen

Sorry but most of these weapons are to new.

The Groza was brought into service in 1994.

The INSAS in 1998, the SR-3M is from around 1990, the 9A-91 is in service since 1993, the PP-90 was designed in 1990, cz 700 is from 1999, the VSK-94 is from 1994 and the VSS has been already discussed above as probably to new.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 30-10-2014, 12:25 CET
Pledger

I think we have enough weapons listed above to make a good Soviet pack for the 80s. The modders need something to work on, too, you know...

Report Quote
Rotozey 06-11-2014, 14:15 CET
Pledger

Quoted sidew:

For Shotgun:
Saiga 12

Saiga developed in 1997.

Report Quote
Rotozey 06-11-2014, 14:16 CET
Pledger

Quoted 47Hitmen:

As i mentionned in the other topic, those would be nice.. :3

As you mentionned most of them are Russian not Soviet ;)

Report Quote
47Hitmen 06-11-2014, 22:25 CET

Quoted Django:

@47Hitmen

Sorry but most of these weapons are to new.

The Groza was brought into service in 1994.

The INSAS in 1998, the SR-3M is from around 1990, the 9A-91 is in service since 1993, the PP-90 was designed in 1990, cz 700 is from 1999, the VSK-94 is from 1994 and the VSS has been already discussed above as probably to new.

Still, there are the AKM, the AK74, the APS (undewater assault rifle) the VZ. 58 (even if it's czech); the AEK-971 (wich is a great choice for the time),  the chinese type 81 and the wonderful AMD 65!
I also found that IN THE 70s ( :p ) Izhmash made different variants of the SVD, the Tigr (tiger) serie of rifle that were largely exported for hunters and are aviable in 3 calibers as seen here

Rifle "Tigr" "Tigr-308" "Tigr-9"
Calibre, mm 7.62 7.62 9
Cartridge 7.62x54R .308 Win(7.62x51) 9.3x6

and aviable in different stock configurations as you can see:

The PSS silent pistol:

The Stechkin APS automatic pistol:

Report Quote
Rotozey 06-11-2014, 22:53 CET
Pledger

Quoted 47Hitmen: 

the APS (undewater assault rifle)

the AEK-971 (wich is a great choice for the time), 

I also found that IN THE 70s ( :p ) Izhmash made different variants of the SVD, the Tigr (tiger) serie of rifle that were largely exported for hunters

APS is very very special weapon. Only very few squads of combat divers had this gun. The exotic weapon :)

AEK was an assault rifle prototype. The development was ending at late 80th. In 90th there was produced small lots of the rifle for inner troops (it is something like US National Guards).

USSR did not export Tigr :) Russia started to sell it to foreign states in 1996.

Report Quote
47Hitmen 07-11-2014, 13:08 CET

Quoted Rotozey:

Quoted 47Hitmen: 

the APS (undewater assault rifle)

the AEK-971 (wich is a great choice for the time), 

I also found that IN THE 70s ( :p ) Izhmash made different variants of the SVD, the Tigr (tiger) serie of rifle that were largely exported for hunters

APS is very very special weapon. Only very few squads of combat divers had this gun. The exotic weapon :)

AEK was an assault rifle prototype. The development was ending at late 80th. In 90th there was produced small lots of the rifle for inner troops (it is something like US National Guards).

USSR did not export Tigr :) Russia started to sell it to foreign states in 1996.

I just want more weapons.. never  enough.. I really like them.. Please :C

Report Quote
Rotozey 07-11-2014, 13:50 CET
Pledger

Quoted 47Hitmen:

I just want more weapons.. never  enough.. I really like them.. Please :C

Me too :)

But we should remember about the game story time period.

Even AK has so many modifications - AK-47, AKM, AK-74, AK-74SU (with short barell).

I hope developers will give us a possiblity to manage a weapon set and stats in the game. Then we would wait for some good weapon mods with tons of great guns :)

Report Quote
RatsizlavLerhov 07-11-2014, 17:40 CET

Total Posts: 1
Guns info

If you're looking for accurate info on firearms, i would suggest you to look at the world.guns.ru website (available in English too). Since it's exclusively about guns, it's better organized than Wikipedia, i guess.

As for the weapons - well, you probably know best what to add, just make sure it's balanced (as in - no uberguns, but also - don't just focus on, say, assault rifles, try to make sure the pack covers the whole gamut).

I'd also like to remind you that JA2 had a SciFi option which, among other things, enabled futuristic rocket rifles, if memory serves. I don't see why JAF can't have something like this as well - an option that enables weapons and equipment that should not have been available at the time. At least add the option itself - modders will make use of it if you won't.

Also, you can loosen the time restriction for a year or two (just describe the weapon as a "prototype", and make it appropriately expensive).

Report Quote
adityas 11-11-2014, 02:34 CET

Could you add classic weapons? Such as arrow, crossbow, sling, etc.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines