FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › U bored yet?

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

FanaticJudge 28-10-2014, 22:18 CET

Total Posts: 25
U bored yet?

Made a little mod for myself and i thought i could share it. Feel free to do with it whatever you want.

How to install? Simply extract into your gamefolder (.../Steam/SteamApps/common/Jagged Alliance Flashback/)

How to uninstall? Open Steam - Right click on JA:F - Properties - Local Files - Verify Integrity

Content:
- removed Interrupt feature (don't click the button or your computer will explode!)

In my opinion the interrupt causes fights to turn into trench-warfare. Without new skills or mechanics to break the stalemate, i believe it is best to deactivate the system.

- adjusted many boni/penalties

Cover and stance for example now have a greater effect.

- doubled vision range

It felt weird that my mercenaries couldn't see opponents who where just on the other side of the road. This also led to interesting new options for weapon adjustment.

- adjusted weapon stats

Original:

Modded:

With the original settings, 1 step could have great impact on accuracy and/or damage. By using longer range the degradation becomes smoother and you can more easily fine-tune each weapon.

- replaced IMP-questionaire with preset classes

Instead of receiving random perks you can choose from 5 different setups. Until someone finds a way to select perks, this is a good alternative imo.

- increased loot drops (not a drop all, just a bit more generous than original)

- changed camera (you can now zoom further in or out)

- corrected weapon names and changed some description text (eng + ger)

I remember the weapon descriptions from JA2 as either informative or funny. It brings a little bit of that JA feeling.

- optimized german UI version and fixed some bugs in armsdealer dialogue (100$ on all items)

Big thanks to

Grim, for providing the tools

Shanga, for giving me ideas and his community work

FC, for making all this stuff easily accessible

New version (only works if you start a new game!)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tup0skhkk15zr3h/AAClV-z9KuwDhE3Vfs9d-Pu-a?dl=0

Old version (no map changes)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fnplg7hb8lbkng/AADhl3KWFOjZQKz9GpR2nckpa?dl=0

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 28-10-2014, 22:40 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 716

Interesting... Spice this up with sone screenshots and I'll publish the news on our network.

I'll try these days to figure out how we can publish this kind of mods more safely. Thomas mentioned something on Twitch about making a manual mods configuration.

Report Quote
Grim 28-10-2014, 23:42 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

You're talking about that i suppose :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JAMU6XmQJl-NKFtl0mCuTL_kuT0Vcs8ZcnOPItbPn6o/edit#gid=0

You're welcome! The CTH formula doesn't work very well with boni/mali (i'm waiting for an answer by FC about that), but weapon accuracy and damage are ok. Feel free to play with it.

Interesting mod btw!

Report Quote
FanaticJudge 29-10-2014, 11:16 CET

Quoted Shanga@BP:

Interesting... Spice this up with sone screenshots and I'll publish the news on our network.

Updated the post. This is however not a finished project.

Report Quote
Roman 29-10-2014, 11:34 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 111

Hey all,

attached you will finde the Weapon table excel we use in-house to tweak our weapons. I think it will help a lot when modding! Have fun playing around with it, and make sure to adjust the correct values (not every weapon individually, but the Weapon class and then teh respective detas; same goes for base damage on the caliber, and not on the actual weapon itself). 

Edit: the excel export does not work (it hides the graphs), will add a link to a google-doc. Make sure to "save" a copy of it for yourself before it gets changed too much (it's public).

https://docs.google.com/a/fullcontrol.dk/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agmpf5ewsFkxdDhBRE5YWEhQSW1NLXFJZE1WcEhfcHc#gid=16

Cheers,

Roman

Report Quote
Grim 29-10-2014, 12:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

Thank you very much Roman!

Your weapon class and caliber approaches sound very pertinent. The spreadsheets are pretty neat.

Thomas talked about the JSON exporter in the twitch, but i couldn't find it. Did i miss something?

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 29-10-2014, 13:39 CET
Pledger

Awesome Roman, it's much appreciated!

I made a copy and moved it to My Drive folder, hope that's how this Google thing works (I'd hate to mess the main copy). 

And yea, how do you export a JSON from it?

Report Quote
Ted 29-10-2014, 14:35 CET

Total Posts: 12

Quoted FanaticJudge:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fnplg7hb8lbkng/AADhl3KWFOjZQKz9GpR2nckpa?dl=0

Made a little mod for myself and i thought i could share it. Feel free to do with it whatever you want.

Thx for sharing with us! I'll give it a go :)

Report Quote
Andy 29-10-2014, 16:31 CET

Total Posts: 1

Thanks FJ. Awesome!

I've only used it for a single battle in Marino, but it seemed to work pretty well.

I found my mercs were seeing enemies (and enemies were seeing me) in brief glimpses between buildings and obstacles from a long way away, allowing a few pot shots at long distance. More importantly though, the increased sight allowed me to try and judge where the enemy was going. I could then think about possible counter tactics, and move my guys to best confront the enemy. I think this really contrasts with the feel of the unmodded game where you don't have much room to move once you see an enemy as the vision range was so low. Great improvement!

The only problem is that your increased vision allows you to react and reposition your mercs, making the game somewhat easier. If enemy AI could be improved though... wow. Would be lots of fun!

The extra APs and better weapon stats make it feel a lot more like 1.13 to me also. 

The mod makes me realise that once things get ironed out (as I'm sure they will), combat in Flashback (especially urban) has the potential to be far more involved and awesome than JA2, IMO. 

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 29-10-2014, 18:08 CET
Pledger

Shared on our FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/bearspit

Some users report they can't create a new IMP now. 

Report Quote
FanaticJudge 30-10-2014, 05:03 CET

Quoted Shanga@BP:

Some users report they can't create a new IMP now.

Sorry about that, i just updated the files and double checked everything works as intended.

Couple changes i made:

- increased the droprate for repairkits (temporary solution until weapon degradation gets fixed)

- increased enemy squad size, changed spawn timers, halfed the time for militia training

- added critical hits (i must have set that to 0 at some point and forgot to correct it)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 30-10-2014, 10:26 CET
Pledger

Yea I was looking through the files and I was wonder "hmm... why would he set crits to zero...they're so much fun"...lol now I know.

PS: Seems like the bug was some comma in GameSettings.json or something, user fixed it himself with a JSON validator.

Report Quote
FanaticJudge 31-10-2014, 17:10 CET

I made another addition to the mod but it only works on a new game.

- 3 military bases guarding the island. Can be captured and will generate income.

- less patrols and attack-squads but they're stronger

- enemy positions are much more heavily fortified

The idea is to stop the constant stream of attack-squads forcing you to defend the same sector again and again and again until either the militia is ready or you ragequit. To achieve this i had to remove the cities and mines as capture sectors. You still have to liberate them if you want access to the loot, quests and merchants.

This only works if you start a new game!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tup0skhkk15zr3h/AAClV-z9KuwDhE3Vfs9d-Pu-a?dl=0

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 31-10-2014, 17:45 CET
Pledger

You mean in Tio? Or where? You can control (I think) where the patrols spawn and how much they travel, don't know if you need to do such drastic changes. But its definitely an interesting twist.

Report Quote
FanaticJudge 31-10-2014, 17:49 CET

Every sector that can be captured is a spawn. I tried changing the spawns but it made no difference. I guess its hardcoded.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 31-10-2014, 20:01 CET
Pledger

You edited StrategicMap.json?

{
  "m": "12; hardcoded. Changing this value here will not have any effect.",
  "n": "15; hardcoded. Changing this value here will not have any effect.",

"LightSectors" : ["A11", "B13", "C11"],
  "MediumSectors" : ["E9", "E11", "F11", "H9"],
  "HeavySectors" : ["H5", "H6", "I5", "G8", "I12", "J7", "J8", "K8", "K11"],

The seems to be settings per map, but those I expect to be local garrisons. 

Report Quote
Stardog765 06-11-2014, 23:50 CET

Total Posts: 4

Has anyone tried this mod with the new patch or is it a no go?

Thought I would ask before I fired it up.

Thank you all 

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines