FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › v.1.05 bugs and feedback

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Glettkin 08-11-2014, 00:03 CET

Total Posts: 90
v.1.05 bugs and feedback

1.05 is out...a new update has hit in such a short time...imo i´m impressed by FC...so there´s again a new thread about the new release...

Please be polite and constructive, and it will help the game to get better...and better...

Report Quote
Django 08-11-2014, 00:28 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 62

Some stuff i stumbled accross.

- The Decals for shots in the walls disapear much to fast. They are gone after 10 - 20 seconds. I dont see much reason why they should disapear at all.

- There is a more serious bug with the armor item. On the item is always only the number for the item in perfect state. So if click on some worn out trousers the item shows 10 and the description says 8. If youre on it a health bar for items would be nice.

- If you choose German language the Buttons in the menu say Deutsch/ Deutsch instead of Englisch/ Deutsch. But still works.

- If i am reloading or going out of sector the game forgets the camera position.

- Also the dead bodys are gone when reloading inside of Battle.

- I dont really get what the level up Button is for. I mean the only thing possible is to level up. I dont have to make any decisions in the process. So maybe its better if theres only a message that someone leveled up?

Most of that is old news but i try to push you on the things that are most annoying for me.

Report Quote
Archo 08-11-2014, 06:03 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 361

Django, Asked for a health bar for items before. It is perfect. Ja2 has it. Only Way to See directly the state of itmes without Consulting the too Long List of figures in the item description.

perfect for the new shopping window that is developed right now.

one of the annoying things where design choices should have been voted by the community, IMHO. + 1 for the other suggestions.

Slapstick humour on jaf: often after you got shot the enemy died directly while bleeding. Should he not loose stats or concinous !? In ja2 they lay on ground doing nothing 2 or 3 rounds. Also do they use bandages? Seems like ui prios hit over healing themselves .

also most annoying is the automatic time start in strategic maps. I can see How someone may argue, we need less clicks as new players should have an easy way to play strategic levels. But please hear us, the decision is annoying, Ja2 did a better job here as you additionally needed confirmation clicks to move on the map. So no automatic timer start is Better for planing multiple actions and after planing I can manually start the timer.

Atm  you can move multiple squads only if you click fast or stop timer 5x after Giving the commands. So all the advantages of less clicks are gone. 

Report Quote
Duke 08-11-2014, 12:10 CET

Total Posts: 1

Just had this minor bug, however, after moving some items in the inventory, everything got normal again. To the 1.0.5 update I have to say it really improved the gameplay a lot.

Edit: Sry, i'm unable to get you the screenshot, a colt was stucked in the second slot of an mosin nagant.

Oh, and Vicky just repaired a bandage, don't now how realistic this is:-)

Report Quote
Django 08-11-2014, 15:09 CET
Pledger

@Archo

+ 1 for no automatic time start in strategic maps

I had already a couple of cases were i had to jump at the stop button to coordinate the actions at least a little bit.

Report Quote
Rotozey 08-11-2014, 16:27 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 28

Mercs and enemies can see, run and shoot through rocks.

I loaded a save game made in previous build.

Here is the ss where I can move merc into a rock. Have a look :)

Report Quote
Rotozey 08-11-2014, 16:34 CET
Pledger

And another bug :(

My mercs did run to a place I pointed. They did not reach it and first merc found an enemy. He stopped, the game swithed to turn-based mode, but all mercs (excepting the first one did) continue to run to the previously pointed place. They did run till all AP was spent out.

Report Quote
Lion 08-11-2014, 22:40 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 13

Some bugs from me and my friends.

1) Sometimes in melee combat it's possible to hit enemies through the wall.

2) Game regularly crashes in J8 TIO during enemies turn. I tried to play under Windows and received crash every enemies turn. I moved saves to Linux. Under Linux I have it regularly, but not every turn. I met crashs in Military Base too, but there they where very seldom.

3) Under Linux I have something really strange with Dirty Outs. Here is his inventory and stats.

Report Quote
Rotozey 08-11-2014, 23:34 CET
Pledger

The Reaper Steam achivement counter stuck on 250 killed enemies.

Report Quote
Rotozey 09-11-2014, 00:14 CET
Pledger

F10 key does load last saved game, even if it is an autosave. I expected it loads only last quicksave.

Report Quote
Rotozey 09-11-2014, 01:06 CET
Pledger

Some pathfinding problems.

I can send you saved game.

The path line skicks to a poinet where my merc found an enemy in real-time mode. But mercs move right, not like the game shows with the line.

Report Quote
Lion 10-11-2014, 10:05 CET
Pledger

@FC Is it possible to finish the game and kill the Prince?

I've managed to occupy J8 Tio, but now I have crashes in K8 Tio and K9. I think it's connected with something like ingame progress or number of killed enemies but not the sector. My friend liberated Tio without any problems but now he has stable crashes in the airport.

I can send the savegame if it'll help you to fix this bug.

Report Quote
Grim 10-11-2014, 10:35 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

Quoted Lion:

@FC Is it possible to finish the game and kill the Prince?

I've managed to occupy J8 Tio, but now I have crashes in K8 Tio and K9. I think it's connected with something like ingame progress or number of killed enemies but not the sector. My friend liberated Tio without any problems but now he has stable crashes in the airport.

I can send the savegame if it'll help you to fix this bug.

In previous version 1.04, it was possible to finish the game, i did it. There were crashs apon defending Tio from sea attack, but it was avoidable.

Report Quote
Lion 10-11-2014, 12:31 CET
Pledger

Quoted Grim:In previous version 1.04, it was possible to finish the game, i did it. There were crashs apon defending Tio from sea attack, but it was avoidable.

Crashes in the airport were in 1.04 and now are still there. I had not enough time to occupy all the sectors very fast, so I met them only now.

Report Quote
Camill 10-11-2014, 12:55 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 5

I'm already write in separate topic and repeat here:

I can't enter into H6 (Angetta - The Manison) in version 1.0.5 and 1.0.4 too.

There is a picture with pool and scrolled "loadind...", but the sector does not appear.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 10-11-2014, 14:17 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 728

Quoted Rotozey:

The Reaper Steam achivement counter stuck on 250 killed enemies.

I reported this, but maybe it didn't make it in for 1.0.5

Report Quote
47Hitmen 11-11-2014, 16:05 CET

Total Posts: 15

My game still crashes every 10min I play (so yes.. I'm still in Badilla because it really annoyes me and since I quit the game by doing Ctrl+Del I can't send you the log you're looking for I believe. 

As my game was really laggy I tried to launch it with XP compatibility mode (I play on windows 7) but it continues to crash :/

Also, I find it  unfair that enemy mercs -when standing behing a little/medium cover- can spot you and then crouch and shoot at you as they could do while standing because not only they have the precision bonus but because you can't see them the next turn..

P.S.: Is the weapon upgrade (as seen below) aviable? I can't find anything of that sort ingame:

Report Quote
edgecrusher 11-11-2014, 16:45 CET

Total Posts: 12
crashnodar

hi all

experiencing crashes in krasnodar, exclusively during enemy turn (doesn't stop and cursor doesn't work). tried validating files and modified the camera angle slightly.

any suggestions? or is it a well-known thing?

Report Quote
sidew 11-11-2014, 17:06 CET
Pledger

I confirm this.  At Krasnodar, I experience crash during Enemy AI turn with 1.0.5

This  never happened with earlier releases

Report Quote
Chris K 11-11-2014, 18:08 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 246

I had some crashes during the enemy turn in D9 as well. I didn't have any until I reached the main island, so it might be sector specific, but it definitely happens in several sectors.

In the german localization, the prices are wrong, pretty much all of them. I play in english, so I only noticed it while modding in the real weapon names. Sadly, I don't have time to go through the file again (I had already changed the weapon names before I noticed it), otherwise I would fix it, but at least people can use my mod, where it's fixed (along with the weapon names of course, so it might be weird if people only use that part of the mod).

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 13-11-2014, 14:14 CET

Total Posts: 27

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's already mentioned anywhere but I don't see any difference between those two buttons I can press, when the enemy attacks a sector I trained Militia in. AFAIK the buttons have the caption "Play" and "Fast forward" but there's no difference in the result according to which one I press.

Furthermore, I guess it's by design, I'm not able to play with the Militia (AI controlled) against the attacking forces, right? So all my Milita gets killed, my Mercs in the same sector kind of "hide" during that battle and then I have to wipe off the remaining enemys. This feels wrong to me because I want to support the troops I built up (with my money and my time) for that sector.

I'm haning around in Badilla and will never be able to full equip the city with Militia. There are enemy attacks as soon as I trained like 5-6 Greenshirts.

No rage, just wonderin'

Report Quote
Chris K 13-11-2014, 14:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 246

You might be right about "fast forward" being the same speed as "play". I'm always using "fast forward", but I think I remember that being the case at some point.

You should try to head out against the enemy to catch them before they reach your sector.
However, I agree that your team should help out the militia in attacked sectors if they are present. Fighting alongside them like in JA2 might be too much to ask for, but they should be involved in the auto-resolve screen.
That does create a different problem, though, because you don't have any control over what happens, so you could loose your mercs in the progress (like in JA2, but there you could choose to fight in the sector instead of auto-resolve if you didn't want to take the risk).
This might be the reason FC decided not to do it - to avoid players getting mad about loosing their mercs that way. Maybe that could be made an option - ask the player before the fight whether he wants his mercs to be included or only to get involved after the auto-resolve? That way you could also choose not to risk your mercs getting hurt if you know that your militia can handle it alone.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 13-11-2014, 16:18 CET

Total Posts: 27

@Chris K: I'm totally with you and just want to add that if the Militia gets defeated and your mercs are in the same sector, you should have the option to reatreat your squad. When the Militia is down and it's "Player's Turn to strike back the enemy" you only have the option to click fight.
When you move your squad from sector to sector and you pass by enemy troops, you can decide to fight or to retreat.

Soooo my Mercs watch the Milita get slaughtered and then ... yeah I know "running away now is not an option" could be the intention from FC ;-)
It's difficult, absolutely. And I can live with that system as it is, too, no problem ...

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 13-11-2014, 21:05 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 716

Thomas said that they couldn't find a good solution to the following problems, that's why there's no option to retreat:

- When you attack a sector and decide to retreat, you retreat back to your starting position. Easy.

- When you're attacked and you want to get out, there are a few problems:

a) it could happen that the sector you're in is a dead-end and there's no exit except where the enemy is coming from; where does automatic retreat go then?

b) if all sectors around you are accesible, where do you go? South? North? East? West? What if while you're retreating South, there's an enemy patrol spawning there or moving into that sector? You keep retreating to another sector? Which one? 

Just adding a retreat button could be easy. But adding code that took into account all options would've been a more lenghty process. 

Report Quote
Claudius33 13-11-2014, 21:43 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 88

Of course it would require time and efforts, but it doesn't sound that hard. Basically it's only a matter of adjacent sectors status.

In any case the sector from which enemy comes is considered not accessible. Wouldn't make sense to "cross" the opposition.

If a patrol or a garrison is already present in an adjacent accessible sector, the sector is considered not accessible. Wouldn't make sense to retreat to an occupied sector.

Sea sectors are considered not accessible, except crossing (i.e.. Badilla to Garcia)

a) Dead end or totally surrounded by enemy patrols : retreat button disabled. Logical, you have no exit and must fight.

b) Choice of retreat sector :

• Try first to retreat to the opposite sector of the one from which enemy comes. (East if enemy comes from West). If this sector is not accessible (sea or patrol), rotate counter clockwise from enemy opposite direction and find the first accessible sector. Due to San Hermanos configuration, East and North are the most likely retreat directions. So if enemy attack from West try East then North then South.
  • If an enemy patrol just spawns during the retreat, too bad, you have to fight. Call it bad luck.

It could be enhanced a bit by taking into account all directions, e.g.. East, North East, North, North West  ... It would offer more possibilities.

Another possibility would be retreating from a map's edge, providing contact is lost and all mercs are gathered along the edge. But it should be harder to code and even more harder to hook in Unity.

Report Quote
DocHoliday 15-11-2014, 16:21 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2

Hi together,

i found another bug regarding the squad inventory. When the game is in combat mode you should not have access to it. It is greyed out and if you try to put items from your mercs inventory to squad inventory you get an error message that this action is not allowed during combat. But when i tried to put items from the squad inventory to my merc it worked as long as my merc had enough action points. Also swaping items was possible. Dont know if that bug was also in earlier versions of the game so i just wanted to post it here and hope it gets fixed.

Report Quote
47Hitmen 15-11-2014, 17:07 CET

Quoted edgecrusher:

hi all

experiencing crashes in krasnodar, exclusively during enemy turn (doesn't stop and cursor doesn't work). tried validating files and modified the camera angle slightly.

any suggestions? or is it a well-known thing?

I saw that many of you guys have repported this problem but I don't think this is just sector specific since my game crashes in the exact same way EVERY TIME during the enemy turn.. So I'll never be able to quit badilla (the enemy patrol is near it and coming to it) because it crashes at enemy's first turn (when they see my mercs) wich allows me 10s of gameplay each time I try to play..

Report Quote
Django 15-11-2014, 23:18 CET
Pledger

I played krasnodar base this week and i didnt had any crashes at all. By the way, the best sector so far. Krasnodar forces you to play tactical.

But i hab crashes in Marino South. I was attacked and i got about 4 crashes. So i saved after every turn and it was ok.

By the way i did kill some enemys repeatedly to get better loot and i noticed a small Bug.

Some Enemy changed their outfit after every reload. But only some enemys and only the upper body armor.

Report Quote
Kirro_2014 15-11-2014, 23:49 CET

Total Posts: 11

please let stay partilces of wall when bullet hit her ...

Now they immediately disappear ...

Report Quote
Django 16-11-2014, 11:20 CET
Pledger

@ Kirro_2014

+ 1 to that

But there is also a downside. Walls and other objects can be destroyed so we need a rule in the code that bullet hole decals dissapear when they not longer attached to an object.

This rule is even more important for other objects like pictures on a wall or something like that. No idea how hard it is to improve the demolition system but floating objects are very strange. A simple sollution could be to reduce the health value of small objects so they get destroyed before the wall. Harder but better would be a mix were floating objects fall down as destroyed parts or just fall down.

Report Quote
Glettkin 16-11-2014, 20:46 CET

1) I had several crashes in couple of hours since v1.05. I had none before that. Three times at an enemy turn the game hung up or game.exe crashed directly. Another crash happened when trying to destroy a flak cannon in Angetta.

2) There also is a militia breaker again: The respawn troops from Angetta respawn and attack too fast... it seems like they have a highly efficient cloning facility there. You can´t build militia in Tio after you conquered it, because it gets destroyed by the Angetta waves again and again. You only have time to build out 1-2 militia at max. before another wave arrives.

These fast respawns also force the player to conquer Angetta in one draft, because you can´t pause to heal or anything else. If you do you just get attacked over and over by those waves. Kind of spoils the fun for my gameplay.

Report Quote
Tmib 17-11-2014, 00:20 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 58

I get like 1 crash / hour.

There is a really annoying bug, that I click on a player and nothing happens. I must click on them on the side to switch them. The same bug is happening when I watching their inventories. 

Report Quote
Glettkin 17-11-2014, 16:19 CET

Quoted Tmib:

There is a really annoying bug, that I click on a player and nothing happens. I must click on them on the side to switch them. The same bug is happening when I watching their inventories. 

I can top that.^^ After the last Angetta- Flak cannon crash (see my last post before) i stopped playing because of frustration. 

Now i have reloaded my last save game and it crashes/hangs at EVERY enemy turn now. I also can´t select a merc by clicking on him/her anymore. I have to use the symbols on the left now. 

Maybe starting a new game helps....but i´m not sure about that. I probably will wait for 1.06, in hope these crashes will be fixed. :/

edit: having thought about it maybe it is the different aproach to the sector i have chosen this time. i will try to do it the same way i did it last time and see if it crashes again. I´ll let you know...

Report Quote
47Hitmen 18-11-2014, 17:46 CET

Quoted Glettkin:
Quoted Tmib:

I can top that.^^ After the last Angetta- Flak cannon crash (see my last post before) i stopped playing because of frustration. 

Now i have reloaded my last save game and it crashes/hangs at EVERY enemy turn now. I also can´t select a merc by clicking on him/her anymore. I have to use the symbols on the left now. 

Maybe starting a new game helps....but i´m not sure about that. I probably will wait for 1.06, in hope these crashes will be fixed. :/

edit: having thought about it maybe it is the different aproach to the sector i have chosen this time. i will try to do it the same way i did it last time and see if it crashes again. I´ll let you know...

Same thing here.. Since I can't play for now i'll wait until the next update :/

Report Quote
Glettkin 18-11-2014, 19:26 CET

I tried to play sector I5 again in the way i did it before and it worked. I went trought the south-main-entrance again and had no crashes until the flak cannons again (point 2). I don´t know what caused the problems i reported in my last post, but they vanished after reloading several times and going through the main gate instead of going through the broken walls. Maybe its the pathfinding through broken assets, i have no idea. But here are some other bugs i found:

1) Often when you tell multiple selected mercs to go somewhere, half of the mercs stop in the middle of the path or don´t start moving at all.

2) If a frag grenade falls directly under a flak cannon, the game crashes when the grenade explodes. You have to throw the grenade at the corners of the cannon, then it works.

3) In sector H5 there are visible holes in the walls where you should be able to go through, but you can´t. The cover indicator displays full cover at these holes, so iguess its just a visual thing. I have seen this 2 times. 

greetz

Report Quote
jagbert 20-11-2014, 21:17 CET

i cannot hire some mercs ...e.g. magic. When I klick on his face there is no gear and the UI shows the portrait of the soldier I klicked on before.

Report Quote
jagbert 20-11-2014, 21:28 CET

and: I have two teams in a sector. Enemy entering and ... I can play with only one team? Is there a workaround or is this a known "feature"?

Report Quote
Glettkin 20-11-2014, 21:40 CET

Quoted jagbert:

and: I have two teams in a sector. Enemy entering and ... I can play with only one team? Is there a workaround or is this a known "feature"?

Unfortunately this is a known (anti-) feature. You also can´t attack with two teams at once. 

There has not been much discussion about it though. Other features seem more important atm. But i guess when money flows in, and patch 1.07 is out we can talk about those things, too.

I personally hope for town loyalty at this time. But FC and the community will decide ;)

Report Quote
jagbert 21-11-2014, 14:20 CET

and one more bug, *sigh*, when looting all the stuff and then trying to give all mercs good weapons some of them arent there any more in the squad inventory

Report Quote
jagbert 21-11-2014, 14:31 CET

another bug: sometimes I get the wrong minimap (the map of the last sector where I was)?!

Report Quote
Ray 22-11-2014, 13:33 CET

Some issues I’ve found:

• the UDI M-0B Flak Vest lacks a proper forest camo paint
  • the UDI K-1B Leg Armor shows no 3d-model
  • when mercs are hired with several small-slot items, the vest is always acquired even if you don’t pay for the gear. Possible something to do with the quickslots as it doesn’t happen with vests without quickslots

Some armor graphics differ from inventory icon and 3d-model:

• Bullet Proof Vest
  • UDI M-0B Flak Vest
  • The Bloody Vest
  • UDI Z2-Prototype Flak Vest
Report Quote
Ray 23-11-2014, 18:55 CET

While doing repair test runs, I’ve noticed that there are also items repaired which don’t have any durability, like grenades and even bandages.

There also seems no experience gain in the mechanical skill when repairing items.

A merc with mechanic perk and mechanical skill of about 75 can hardly repair anything before running out of repair kits. The above mentioned repair of unnecessary items makes it only worse.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines