FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › JAF - next up

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Roman 17-11-2014, 10:13 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 111
JAF - next up

Hey all,

I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you a bit about our current status, and where we are heading within the few next weeks.

As you know, we just released 1.0.5 in little over a week ago. With this update, we introduced ammo types, shotguns and a new questline, beside other bugfixes and features (see full changelog here: http://www.jaggedallianceflashback.com/forum/27/6082#post_6176).

Since then, we have worked on the new Shop interface, which is now in the stage of testing and quality assurance. Furthermore, we have given the Stealth formulas a critical look, and have changed a few things based on the feedback from here in the forum - there was definitely something fishy going on, that we did not catch before release - but still, it will need some more work until we are happy with it.

As these are both quite substantial changes to gameplay and balancing, we do not want to rush things out - meaning I cannot promise any release date on the next Update 1.0.6, which will include those things. We are also working on getting the modding menu back in the game, to share all the cool mods I have seen popup here already. Obviously, there are also still bugs - like the save / load and freezing issues - we are trying to hunt it down, and thanks for everyone giving us their input on this - it is much appreciated! Keep it coming.

Reaching further than the next immediate update, there are weapon attachments coming up, a feature which I am personally looking forward to a lot, and our content team has secretely hatched some plans to extend the game with a handful of sectors and - yet again - a new questline, and ofc the promised additional weapons pack.

As always, we are working on it as fast as we can, and I hope you like what we are doing!

Cheers,

Roman

Report Quote
Grim 17-11-2014, 12:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 249

Thank you for the heads up Roman, it's much appreciated.

Report Quote
Chris K 17-11-2014, 12:09 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 277

Thanks a lot for the update. The planned features for 1.0.6 sound great. Looking forward to the weapon attachments and the other upcoming features a lot as well of course and having the modding menu back should lead to some very interesting things (looking at you, Shanga! ;-) ).

Report Quote
Glettkin 17-11-2014, 12:20 CET

Total Posts: 138

Sounds great indeed. Much anticipated features :)

Will the editor work again, too? I´d like to build maps...

Report Quote
Ray 17-11-2014, 13:42 CET

Total Posts: 7

The ammo types and shotgun mechanic was already good addition to make the game more realistic. Thanks for that!

I'm looking forward to the shop interface. Will the shop/dialogue system be able to read item prices and merc salaries directly from item/unit files sooner or later? At moment, it's quite tedious to edit the same values in several files. I bet it's not only uncomfortable for modders, but also for game developers.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 17-11-2014, 14:21 CET

Total Posts: 52

Thanks Roman!

Report Quote
iiiVaLOiii 17-11-2014, 14:23 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 59

hey roman, thanks 4 letting us know! We appreciate it : D

Report Quote
Archo 17-11-2014, 23:07 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 381

Thx for the heads up. Still waiting for the shop to really play the game - yes I am patient. So I really looking forward to the patch. Also could be waiting for attachments because I really love it!

Report Quote
Glettkin 17-11-2014, 23:16 CET

Total Posts: 138

Also thumbs up for the reply. I´d like to see more of these...:)

Report Quote
Django 17-11-2014, 23:27 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

Thx for the headsup.

Its pretty cool to hear that you are also working on some new sectors. Keep it coming.

Report Quote
Ghazi 18-11-2014, 02:24 CET

Total Posts: 2

Hello Roman:

Thank you for the update.  Looking forward to those additions.  Will they require starting a new game to realize or will they integrate into an existing game/saves?

Report Quote
Roman 18-11-2014, 15:58 CET
Administrator

Quoted Ray:

Will the shop/dialogue system be able to read item prices and merc salaries directly from item/unit files sooner or later? At moment, it's quite tedious to edit the same values in several files. I bet it's not only uncomfortable for modders, but also for game developers.

Yes, prices will be read properly from the applicable .json entry.

Report Quote
Roman 18-11-2014, 16:02 CET
Administrator

Quoted Ghazi:

Looking forward to those additions.  Will they require starting a new game to realize or will they integrate into an existing game/saves?

They should not require starting a new savegame, though I cannot promise that- the coder responsible for the Shop interface (Sebastian) is sick at the moment.

Report Quote
47Hitmen 19-11-2014, 01:06 CET

Total Posts: 19

Before v1.0.6 you should see what's currently wrong here ;)
http://www.jaggedallianceflashback.com/forum/70/6175#last_post

Report Quote
Mad Squ 19-11-2014, 11:59 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 29

Thanks a lot for the update mate!

Is there a way to make it more visible on this website? As stated in previous posts showing the people that you are actually doing something is imho almost as important as doing it.

So how about putting this and the release notes of the latest patches on the front of the main site?

Just an idea...

Keep up your work! I am happy you are still trying your best to improve the game.

Cheers to that!

Report Quote
LOEweNz@Hn 19-11-2014, 14:21 CET

Total Posts: 14

Thank you very much for the information about your current status! Its nice to hear something from you!

:-)

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 7146 posts, in a total of 740 threads.

Number of Threads: 740
Number of Posts: 7146

Latest posts:

each. Syracuse shot j by vive123654

and Devante Smith-Pelly also added multiple goals with by vive123654

fensive line are Texas A&M; tackle Jake Matthews by vive123654

ed the highest score of 26.31, but there was still by vive123654

back to 10. That was enough for Chicago to earn its fourth victory in the last 12 games. "Its very tough against them," Conley said. "Y by vive123654

d won two straight and four of six. After Korvers 3 by vive123654

gs versatility and the ability to play mult by vive123654

mpionships on Sunday. Smith, the overwhelming favorite by vive123654

n route to the Australian Open final, where she lost to Clijsters. Li has won three of the four lifetime meetings with Azarenka, incl by vive123654

second consecutive match, Roma struggle by vive123654

Golden State led 38-27 after one behind 12 p by vive123654

with three game winning goals. B by vive123654

otel room, where they were allegedly drugged and by vive123654

ge started after P.J. Tucker missed by vive123654

on Friday, he said "any time you get some re by vive123654

#ICQ 666564689 SELL CVV GOOD CHEAP : USA - UK - CA - AU - FR - GER .... by Pen

happening with Wichita State are meant to be. by vive123654

fourth-year Tour veteran, received a by vive123654

e was forced to play when he was injured. "He would by vive123654

Game 3 against a Sharks team that simply by vive123654

arance. Kevin Grosskreutz scored the only goal in by vive123654

unge by Boltus. Denmark ended the day with f by vive123654

Gustav Nyquist has 13 by vive123654

d of 5-under 66 gave her the club by vive123654

owing yourself in the mix is never fun. Its by vive123654

Watch For Amir Johnson After a slow start to the season, Johnson has picked up right where he left off by vive123654

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines