FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › JAF Update 1.0.6. now live, introducing new Shop Interface

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Roman 24-11-2014, 10:57 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 111
JAF Update 1.0.6. now live, introducing new Shop Interface

Hey all,

just wanted to say that we just now set Update 1.0.6. live - enjoy! Thanks for everyone whol helped testing on the public beta branch. 

Enjoy!

Changelog 1.0.6

Features
Added shop interface to merchant NPCs

Bugfixes
Fixed TeamPlayer perk
Fixed various issues with stealth.
Fixed a bug with memorized enemy indicator
Fixed a bug with some VO not always working correctly for mercs
Fixed the multiple movement bugs, where units keep running sometimes
Fixed bug where AI could fire from the prone stance without LoS
Fixed the error of shooting through obstacles in multiple shot raycast
Fixed AI search behaviour bugs that led to lags and crashes
Changed AI search behaviour to not move so often when they don’t spot enemy
Fixed the container to be able to use from the self-tile.
Fixed the camera events bug
Various sound additions and updates (unload weapon, reload weapon variations, interrupt toggle and trigger, end turn)
Fixed blocking issue in H5

Report Quote
Edward Carnby 24-11-2014, 17:19 CET

Total Posts: 14

Update humble version please .

It still 1.04 .

Report Quote
Glettkin 25-11-2014, 06:32 CET

Total Posts: 112

Nice^^ Please post this on the main page for all to see ;)

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 25-11-2014, 08:45 CET

Total Posts: 52

I LOVE the sound enhancements (like ready the weapons, reload, player-turn, enemy-turn) and the AI update, really fun so far :-)

Will test a shop ASAP, haven't been around an arms dealer for a while ...

Report Quote
Mad Squ 25-11-2014, 19:58 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 25

Good job guys! You are on the right track! Keep them coming and we are all getting somewhere.

Cheers to you!

Report Quote
Florn 26-11-2014, 14:16 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 18

As a first feedback with about 10 hours played with a new game and version 1.0.6:

- Sneaking is now much more easy to succeed hence it becomes more clear and the result, is there's concrete applications in many combats, one trick to succeed better is move with crouch (or eventually prone but it's very slow), remind check mercenaries with higher stealth and apply more caution and distance for those with a low Stealth. This adds a new layer to combats, and it's cool for a replay.

- Sneaking is a lot more clear now that it is easier and the bugs has been fixed. But it's still a bit too abstruse. In my opinion it is missing a better player feedback that a mercenary hes been heard/seen. For sure with a turn based system with each party playing fully before the other, it's not easy. The effects are during player turn but it seems unfair to show it during the turn. I don't have a solution but I think it's a point that worth be improved. Perhaps a read hear above an enemy that have heard something when he start act, and a red eye when he has seen something. And the same icon on the mercenaries that triggered it. The point of this mechanism is to make more clear the sneaking and to favorize the learning curve and players that won't play the game more than few time, ie the majority.

- XP mechanism and Sneaking skill increase has changed. The skill increase very fast even just by moving crouch, and it brings a significant amount of XP. Eventually it's too much because it makes the level up very fast (level up to 3 at third combat and with team of 5 and spread attacks for the last two). It's definitely a good mechanism inclusing to get XP from skills increase, but perhaps it need be tune down a bit. Moreover other skills increase should have a more visible effect, eventually Medicin and Repair. Right now Marksman and Stealth are too dominant.

- Enemy AI change, I didn't quote anything obviosu in Impossible difficulty. I'm curious to also try Hard difficulty because I prerefed it a little bit, I felt the Impossible difficulty more cautious AI isn't very efficient, I think the AI need manage groups or micro groups or do it better. And for caution to multiply cautious scouting, typically half AP to scout, back at end of turn if something detected and not enough close support. Or guard is something detected. AI use guard but it could use it more. It would reflect better the supposed change fo enemies moving less when nothing detected.

- New shops, at first I get them during the final of a replay, and I found the change quite irritating. But when I started a new play, I felt it was a good game changing. Another element that makes a replay more fun. The new interface is clearly better, but the items are a lot too big, it looks weird and it's pointless. And tabs for items category not empty in shop would be much better for the main shops. Could be weapons/ammo/armors/misc. It's cool to be able sell stuff and the ability to buy back an item sold by error is cool too.

- New shops gameplay, it's not only a UI change it's also a huge gameplay design change. No more shops with infinite and garanteed items. There's a large random and a scarcity. So after same hours I appreciate a lot this change. At least during first parts it adds management of ammo, and items in a more interesting way and it setup a random diversity improving the replay value. I have to see yet for the full play, but it seems a quite good design change.

Overall the shops and the stealth change many elements of gameplay and made this new replay quite interesting with new stuff to explore and experiement. I'd say that the gmaeplay change is more significant than it was for the 1.0.5 even if in 1.0.5 the much better containers and drops management was really cool, as few new quests. About containers and drops, the common areas should benefit too of this enhancement.

EDIT: About a change that seems quick and could perhaps be in a next version, it's to add a bit more static enemy squad in more common area. The idea is to makes the player discover combats in more or those areas, at least one combat. I mean like in area north to first mine.

Report Quote
GoodKnight 26-11-2014, 15:06 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 10

about the stealth..

I don't get it why not make it so that you don't start combat until either the player chooses to start combat or the AI sees one of your dudes? 

Report Quote
gdalf 27-11-2014, 02:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 118

I know you guys are busy, but you got to put a news item out on Steam.  The last one was minor bugfixes in October and there've been significant patches since then.

Anyway, well done.  Too busy to play right now, but I will look forward to giving it a go over Christmas.

Report Quote
Django 27-11-2014, 09:38 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 75

A very important update. The fights are somehow better but cant really pinpoint whats better. I havent played the new version so much.

But some thoughts about the new shop design.

1. the new shops are 1000 times better than the old ones

2. But they could still be better

Lets compare to JA2:

Here the Shop how it looks after the new update in JAF

And here a picture of JA2 1.13 (not really a diffrence to vanilla i think)

The JAF shops should be a lot more like the ones from its big brother.

- we dont need to see the description off the items all the time. Seeing the description by clicking on the item would be better.

- the items are to large at the moment, takes to much space. A quarter of the size would be big enough.

- The shop menu doesnt need to block the view on my mercs inventory. And there is unused space on the right side of the screen. Do as JA2 did.

- Seeing the face of the vendor makes the trade much more personall. Unfortunate the game is not so well with the RPG elements. Could be a lot better.

- The whole visual design of the ui isnt so well. I like it much more the way JA2 did it. But thats just my taste. Would be great if you could make the ui modable sometime.

- Something thats actually better than in JA2 is the information when new items become available. But i think "Next update in 1 Day" sounds to much like talking to a machine. Maybe call it "Shipment". And make it more personall. Maybe:"My next Shipment will arrive tomorrow."

Report Quote
Archo 27-11-2014, 18:59 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 373

I did not post any comment about the shop so far but that is exactly what I think. 
It is a shopping window rather than a shop/trade. The details weapon is a nice addition but needs to be display attached to the trade window on the right.
It is so not intuitive that you have to use a window you don't see (team inventory) to store stuff you wanna sell without knowing anything.

The old system was a real trade system where you have not only one figure (balance) but also the sum of the goods you wanna sell and the sum of stuff you gonna buy..
The old system with trade window + details view + portrait + tabs to filter + the bar that shows you how degraded the item is, would be perfect. Now it is much better than before with text.
+1

Report Quote
Ray 28-11-2014, 22:17 CET

Total Posts: 7

I welcome the new shop interface, although I wish the icons would be smaller to offer a higher number of items shown at same time. I think the icon size of the right info panel in the character’s inventory screen would be fine; maybe about 5x5 items showing at same time.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 29-11-2014, 14:21 CET

Shops are working great, some UI fixes here and there and we all will be finde :-)

Report Quote
Andr 29-11-2014, 18:24 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 34

There is some improvement but some minor details are still nox fixed ( G3 has a 30 round magazine, Uzi is chambered in .45ACP)

What i miss in the shop window is the status of an item, or rounds loaded in a weapon i might want to sell.

Example: I have in Squadinventory 2-3 weapons of the same type but in different condition. If i want to sell of the one in bad condition i have no way in seeing the one i want to sell

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 03-12-2014, 11:27 CET

Hey guys,

I like the shop interface so far but is it normal that ANY grenades cost 0$?
Maybe it's a nice giveaway by the trader ;-)

Report Quote
JAF Admin 03-12-2014, 11:32 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 741

Quoted Lord Hyperlord:

Hey guys,

I like the shop interface so far but is it normal that ANY grenades cost 0$?
Maybe it's a nice giveaway by the trader ;-)

Never heard of the blow up everything on San Hermanos Day ? ...will see if it's beeen fixed for next patch 

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 03-12-2014, 17:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 798

Black Friday's are known as black fridays for a whole different reason for Badilla residents... ^^

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines