FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Machineguns and Stats

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Lord Hyperlord 25-11-2014, 08:52 CET

Total Posts: 52
Machineguns and Stats

Hey Guys,

I'm used to have at least one "real" machinegunner in my Squad, someone who lies on the ground surpressing his/her LoS with bullets. I think I do something wrong because non of my mercs is able to use a machinegun in full-auto mode ever - there's always one AP missing to do that. Is this because I need 100 HP in order to get the right amount of APs or is a machinegunner (by design) high on adrenaline-shots?

Could someone please clarify that? Would fit my gameplay a bit more ...

Kind regards

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 25-11-2014, 09:08 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 798

If you want to have realistic machine gun, you should tweak  JSON files a bit. I got my weapons to spew out a ridiculous 50 bullets / burst.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 25-11-2014, 10:53 CET

Quoted Shanga@BP:

[...]  I got my weapons to spew out a ridiculous 50 bullets / burst.

VERY nice hehehe. Ok I wouldn't take 50 but I consider tinkering in the JSON now. I've seen you already made hard work to explain most of the settings in guide at Steam AFAIK, will use that, thanks!

Just wondering if the "missing 1 AP" is something by design or a minor bug ...

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 25-11-2014, 14:17 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 798

It's just a multiplier gone wrong, imho. In GameRulesSetting you can find it:

"AutoShotAPMultiplierForRequiredAP" : 2,
    "AutoShotAPMultiplierPerNextShot" : 0.35,

The formula isn't very clear to me, though, especially where the 2nd multiplier comes into play. It applies to the cost already multiplied x2? It applies to bullets after the 1st burst of 3?  Maybe Roman can explain this better. 

Report Quote
Grim 25-11-2014, 19:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

I think it's :

3 auto shots = 2x

4 auto shots = 2.35x

5 auto shots = 2.7x

I've tested this a little when i played the full campaign, but i'm not sure it was really like that. These AP costs make most machineguns impossible to shoot auto with default values, and even more impossible to shoot several bullets per salvo.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 25-11-2014, 19:32 CET

Thanks Shanga for looking this up! You guys rock ;-)

I don't see an gameplay element reflecting the second multi,neither. But I think this could be nice reduced, instead of just overwriting the settings, by making this depend on merc's stance. If a bipod is attached and the merc is on the ground and observing, the value should be, yeah 0 increasing by X when standing behind half-cover and so on and so on. Attachments are needed for that to work ;-)

But thanks I'm at least not feeling I "missed something" regarding full auto.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines