FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Start to play now, or wait a bit longer?

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

haimat 06-12-2014, 16:38 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 3
Start to play now, or wait a bit longer?

I backed JA:F on Kickstarter, but didn't start to play yet because of the bad reviews. I can wait a bit longer (have waited a year for development anyway), and rather don't spoil my first experience with JA:F because of stupid bugs.

So, now after the latest update to 1.1.0, what do you guys think. Is it a fine game now, worth to play, or should I wait even a bit longer until more updates and patches have been released?

PS: I know I could simply play (try) it now and just see for myself. The thing is, however, I tend to deinstall bad quality games and ignore them forever, if my first experience with them is spoiled by bugs etc. And I just don't want that to happen with JA:F!

Report Quote
Glettkin 06-12-2014, 17:01 CET

Total Posts: 132

Well, on release date i surely would have said: Wait for the updates! You will be dissapointed.

Idon´t know your standards, but JAF has developed a lot since release. You have to keep in mind though, that the budget for JAF is very low. It´s not as big as JA2 1.13 for example. This will change through modding by the community in the future, but the core game is there now.

There ARE still (potentially) quest/game-breaking bugs in there You can read about the bugs found until now in the "1.1.0 on public test branch" or "1.1.0 live on steam" threats. See for yourself if those would disturb your experience.

With v1.1 one of the last of the promised kickstarter features were implemented, but there are still some bugs in it, which will be fixed in the next patch. 

If you want a full (optimal) game experience, i´d say wait for the bugfix patch for the current version. If you have waited that long a couple of weeks shouldn´t be a problem.^^ Maybe there will be a another update/addition to the game by the Devs, but we don´t know for sure... the game is not selling well. 

So don´t blame me, if it gets even better in the future ;)

greetz

Report Quote
haimat 06-12-2014, 17:06 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 3

Thanks! I will wait for the bugfix patch for 1.1 and try it then :)

Report Quote
Mad Squ 11-12-2014, 21:14 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 27

Thanks from me as well. I guess I will also wait a couple of month and check back from time to time how the progress is going on.

Cheers!

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines