FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › v1.1.2 hotfix bugs and feedback

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Shanga@BP 09-12-2014, 11:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 863
v1.1.2 hotfix bugs and feedback

The fix that was pushed on Steam was a nice try to solve the interrupt "stuck" problems, but made them worse actually. While previously I was able to get out of the sector and get rid of the bug, now I can't even do that. So it's pretty much a fatal bug. And it had to happen 2 sectors away from Prince's mansion, of course... 

It didn't fix the issue with Oyster Resort map either. Actually seems like I am in the two worst parts of the game now: Tio and Oyster, both bugged as hell. The problems started in Krasnodar base, so that might be affected too.

Report Quote
Django 09-12-2014, 11:57 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

Im in the public testing branch and im still on version 1.1.0-rc2. So i guess youre talking about an alpha or beta patch.

I guess you could choose another branch to continue playing until its fixed.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 09-12-2014, 12:09 CET

Total Posts: 52

Oh no :-(

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 09-12-2014, 13:31 CET
Pledger

v1.1.2 ALPHA hotfix bugs and feedback

Yep, I am playing straight off alpha branch, the one they're using 1st hand. Corrected the topic title.

Report Quote
Archo 11-12-2014, 19:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 380

Realtime: Want to stack 2 smoke grenades. One of these to many error messages appear which makes me think: does the game make me want to feel stupid? It should be a "blopp" sound effect so I know I cannot use one slot for 2 grenades (which worked fine in JA2). The error message sais: Cannot use inventory due lack of AP". Ok dude, but I am in realtime.

I can only change Torso armor if in the quick slots is no equipment. How does that make me feel?  Long-winded/complicated. No error message at least - but this time it would be helpfull -> empty quickslots. But the PC knows what I will do, so empty it for me.#

I will add a screen shot to the most annoying stuff in games: Friendly fire on both sides. Nearly all the time I hit my people even at  situation where you don't think it can happen. This is wrong by design and no one has the guts to say it. In JA2 we had friendly fire on both sides, it was funny because it happend  not often. If the fights are not well balanced and better than average, the game has no chance to sell better. And of course the missing animations and sound effects here are playing a huge role. So less is going on in comparison to a JA2 fight.

All the enemies on a map are alerted when attacking the area. So how can you flank or develop strategies when enemies fight like this? Do they all have earpieces?

I totally miss the percentage how good my armor is in total. So it does not reward me getting new items - it is a guess game or you need a calculator. And I need to see how armor penalties are affecting my total armor.

The strategic map is still missing essential elements to really be strategic. But we told you before.'

In realtime to use a coconut you have to open the inventory again. Why is that? JA2 did this better with the right click to change the bottom bar. There you could easily everything without going into a menu.

Can't manage contracts. + no balance sheet of daily income and costs. Lost Dirty outs because of that.

How can you let someone go (fire instead of hire=?)

After getting attacked in one sector with milita dead, my training merc got trapped. Fleeing is not possible. But I saw them coming. So managed to get my merc out of milita sector. After they hit the sector, I said to bones move north. While moving in this sector (strategic map!) the enemies reached that sector and battle begin. Why is that. When I press "go north" my merc should already be outside of the map of on the north side. In JA:F as long as the green flag is inside one sector, you can be attacked there. Think in JA2 you are save a long as you gave the order to go into the next sector.

I got the the lighthouse without getting one medkit (which I still miss) and too less bandages. I mean, even if you get hit more than in JA2, I should be able to heal my mercs?!

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 11-12-2014, 21:01 CET
Pledger

Strange. I finished my game with $320.000, about 20 medikits, 20 repair kits, and an arsenal of about 50 weapons, plus two truckloads of armor, bandages, beers, etc. Which reminds me... I had so many health restore seringes I barely used any medikits. And I almost never used energy stuff... that needs to be balanced. Weight needs to be added in and tied to energy.

And I didn't rush in any way or form. I first trained militia in both Farm and Badilla (I hired 1 day mercs and then let them go home and kept only my IMP in the squad, so costs were zero while militia was training). Then I took Marino with 6 mercs, resupplied on ammo and weapons, took Gozorro mine and trained militia. And from there on was a straight up job. I never lacked supplies or money.

I never shoot my own mercs, I learned the hard way it's not a smart idea to have X fire from behind Y when both are on the same stance (unless prone shooting up). I usually either line them up with a clear line of fire or when that's not possible, the 2nd row of mercs fires from crouch position.

And again, strange enemies are alerted in your game. When I sneak around and I use silenced weapons I barely alert anyone. As a matter of fact I can't remember a single fight that gave me any trouble, they were simple "spot, snipe and headshot" tactics. When I got bored I used HP on the body parts that were clearly not protected by armor. 

You're playing 1.1.2 alpha2? 

Report Quote
Archo 11-12-2014, 23:54 CET
Pledger

Yes, playing 1.1.2 alpha2

Here is the example:

To the left we have Dirty Outs proning. On the fence Lynx crouching. Would you expect that this would result in friendly fire. Ok, you can sribble a direct line to the enemy going throug the two mercs. But in JA2 the bullet would go over the shoulders of Lynx. Here I had friendly fire.

And the enemy completly stupid to, one straight line of friendly fire as their walkpath is near the rock. So I just had to wait until they finished each other.

I have not finished the game, Shanga. Went from Badilla directly west to the lighthouse. For whatever reason :p
And I should start selling unnecessary weapons. But I dislike the UI so much, that I avoid fiddling with it.

As you can see in these two pictures - that is all I have seen from the maps as all enemies run towards this position (from both sides which is good). The 3 boxes I had to open afterwards were not rewarding.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 12-12-2014, 00:55 CET
Pledger

JA2 was a completely different engine. In Unity if the bullet trajectory passes through a solid body, it WILL hit it. And your setup is perfect for friendly fire. As I said, i this situation I place my mercs exactly in oposite stances: those in front go prone (at least until the dude behind the shoots). It's different mechanic, takes a while to get used to it but you do.

Report Quote
Django 12-12-2014, 01:49 CET
Pledger

Quoted Shanga@BP:

JA2 was a completely different engine. In Unity if the bullet trajectory passes through a solid body, it WILL hit it. And your setup is perfect for friendly fire. As I said, i this situation I place my mercs exactly in oposite stances: those in front go prone (at least until the dude behind the shoots). It's different mechanic, takes a while to get used to it but you do.

Ideed you get used to it. But unfortunate this is just a workaround and doesnt apply to the AI. There is a Perk "no friendly Fire", so it should be possible to set the hitchance for people on the same team signifigantly lower than against the other team. Or a rule that hitting other people than the ones youre are shooting at has only a 25% chance IF the precondition to hit them are perfect.

There should also be a rule for the stopping power of the bodys. That rule could be quite complicated so its maybe best to connect it to the inflicted damage. Low damage = high stopping power.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 12-12-2014, 02:10 CET
Pledger

Bullets not penetrating need to do energy/breath damage. That is something that needs fixing. Otherwise the ten tonne of drinks I am hauling around make no use.

Report Quote
Django 12-12-2014, 02:13 CET
Pledger

Absolutly true and we need a sprinting possibility. Now the mercs can only walk.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 12-12-2014, 09:16 CET

Total Posts: 52

... but they walk much more paced than the walking in JA2. But anyway, this is JAF and not JA3.
I think walking speed and energy becomes interesting when there's weight implemented. It took me quite a while until I realized, that I can carry so much guns :-)
And I make up stories in my head for injecting that blue stuff to my veins hehe

Report Quote
Archo 12-12-2014, 17:27 CET
Pledger

If you look at my picture, the mercs in front crouch because there is a tree stump as cover. Would they prone, they could not see the hit target. So this workaround really does not comfort me. Butt will apply this tactic further along the way. Thx for the info about the friendly fire.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 12-12-2014, 18:43 CET
Pledger

Even when I am behind cover I use Prone+Crouch non-stop. Those 2 APs are well invested.

Only time when I prefer a clear line of sight is when I have snipers with bipod attachments on rifles. Because bipod has a bonus to CTH when prone and a penalty when standing or crouched, those I leave much behind, out of view range and fully prone all time time. And I maneuver the rest of the team out of their firing range. A .50 BMG to the back of the head makes you think twice about getting in the way of a sniper.

Report Quote
nakano 16-01-2015, 16:38 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 155
v1.1.2-rc2-329921 Bugs

Started playing again and encountered a few bugs. The most major one is that after entering a sector or continuing from a save game, female mercs are proning. Have to press page down (not page up) first for some odd reason. Should be a known issue and reported here too. 

Other smaller notes:
 - When going into interrupt mode with a Combat Knife, the sound is gun's.
 - I think I was in interrupt mode with a gun. When switched to fists, the merc still thinks holding a gun. When he punches, it's the shooting animation. Sounds familiar to me so I'll probably have demonstrated this with an earlier build.

Report Quote
JayM 01-02-2015, 22:49 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 65

That proning bug also affects female NPCs, btw.

When I switch body armor with quickslots, I first have to manually remove all the items from the quickslot before I can put on the new armor. I know that there is a real life logic to it, but it would make handling the game much easier if the quickslot items were automatically transferred to the new armor's quickslots (and the backpack).

Sometimes, the name of a merc in a different squad in a different sector will sit in the middle of your screen when in tactical mode.

When talking to some NPCs (w.g. Willie) his dialogue box is empty and the text that he should be saying appears as one of your answers. You click on it and then he says the thing you just "said". Happens with Willie after you satisfied his wife.

When switching mercs while having the inventory window open the squad inventory always jumps back to its first page. (There also should be a way to transfer items from one squad inventory to the other.)

There is no mission log and all the tasks (talk to miranda, find a way to angetta etc.) in the upper left hand corner are really annoying. If you have four or more, they will cover your squad list in the strategic screen, making it impossible to see if somebody has full health or still needs a rest.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 6954 posts, in a total of 595 threads.

Number of Threads: 595
Number of Posts: 6954

Latest posts:

1.1.3 RC1-14095 by Tmib

“… I have enough control of my budgets to be able to ‘land’ the entire company and avoid bankruptcy.” by TheLARPKing

About support Chinese language by Celice

Latest Kickstarter Update by JayM

Just sent an email to Thomas Lund by nakano

Open Source - The future of Flashback by Syrop

No more dev support? by JayM

Physical goods, have you received yours? by nerdherd

I'm left feeling sad....again - Strategy game of the year 1999 by Scope112

No World.json file by FunkingTron

Female Characters always start in the Prone Mesh/Animation by nakano

Update 50:Progress and Status for Jagged Alliance: Flashback by Glettkin

First impressions - please help by GoodKnight

FC you still owe me a bow... by GoodKnight

lighthouse sectors by Blankuestra

Where are the JA flashback savegame files? by Shanga@BP

Website rework: by Mad Squ

game never gets past the loading screen by eNTi

Sector inventory by GoodKnight

No Connection to Steam-Workshop by Charileux

Where to by weapon? by ZeroX318

Editor How-To Guide by PieLieDie

Very happy... FC is keeping their word by JayM

v1.1.2 hotfix bugs and feedback by JayM

Is the game dead already? by Shanga@BP

Any more major updates planed? by Sofos

Rooftops? by Psyckosama

Your most wanted (just your favorite 3) features for future patches... by Psyckosama

**RESOLVED by yackson

The stealth feature great disballance (bug) or the express training. by Lion

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines