FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Ap´s and accuracy...

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Glettkin 27-12-2014, 19:20 CET

Total Posts: 132
Ap´s and accuracy...

I´ve been bothered by this fact quite a long time ago. Why does an investment of a 1/3 more of your available AP´s to shoot an enemy only give you +5-10%+ hit chance?

It should be +15-20% or something to make sense in comparison to the spent AP points. To get those 5-10% + you have to invest an amount of AP, that allows you to go to another cover and duck behind it^^ That doesn´t seem right.

I only use the least amount of AP to fire because everything else makes no sense [except for snipers, they can shoot one time anyways <--edit: no, it seems it IS possible]. I´m getting along with it fine. I (almost) never use burst [except when 3 or more enemies are standing on the same spot]. Why?

With the least amount of AP you have 2 shots (with let´s say...67%) per round (per merc), ...if you use more AP you shoot one time at max. per round, and its (let´s say...76%, or if you are lucky 84%). Now do the math^^

2x 67% is far better than 1x 84%. Then why does anyone choose to shoot with more than the least amount of AP? It surely doesn´t save much ammo. An enemy needs to be shot down before he shoots you too often.

Imo That´s a game flaw and it takes away the sense of using more AP. Is it just me bothered by this?

edit: I´d like to see a little adjustment by FC to the standard settings (just a slight one, maybe 1-2 AP cost less to aim better or so). Most people don´t want to work on a game in the .json files. They want to play it right away after buying it.

Report Quote
julian 28-12-2014, 12:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 32

I recognized that too and therefore lowered the ap cost for aiming in the jsons.

Also depending on the situation I get often 10-11%+ when aiming so I cant say that it doesnt help at all.

Often I get the decision either 2 shots with 60% each or 1 with 80%, sometimes both fail, sometimes both are working so I can live with it currently.

As for snipers mine can always shoot 2 times and the 2nd even with aiming. Same for headshots which mostly start with ~80-90% and with aiming up to ~95% and 2nd shoot without aiming 99% so also no problem for me here.

Maybe edit the ap and accuracy in the gamerulesettings, if you havent done this already and find the best way for you.

Report Quote
Glettkin 28-12-2014, 14:43 CET

Total Posts: 132

Yeah, maybe i should check out the.json files, but my thought also was to have FC adjust the standard settings a little. Not everyone wants to change the game himself until it fits/makes sense. Most of the people assume a well balanced, finished game when buying it... and we all want the game to sell better in the future, so we can hope for more updates/addons.

--> I have put an "edit" at the end of the OP to clear that up.

The numbers i chose aren´t fixed and should just give an impression what i mean by that.

Report Quote
Andr 29-12-2014, 11:54 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 35

If we are complaining about the cost/waste of AP´s here are some thougts:

Reloading costs about 5 APs, wich is the half of geting off a quick shot.

Realy ? Ever tried something like this in real life ? I would change it that reloading at cost about 15-20 APs, so it will take 1 turn and so it makes more sense to draw a secondary weapon like a Handgun.

A Shotgun takes even longer to reload: i remember Rainbow Six Rogue Spear: you pressed reload and 1 shell was loaded in the gun. I would recomend something like this: 10-15- Aps for each shell, so reloading the entire gun should take a few turns

Report Quote
julian 29-12-2014, 12:30 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 32

in my eyes wasting a full turn for reloading only is not good, normally one turn should be way to valuable to waste it with something like this.

in reallity reloading takes way shorter time than changing a weapon because its unlikely to hold 2 rifles at the same time in your hands which could be changed faster than reloading would do in this scenario.

so reloading should take the ap of 1 shot so that you have still 1 left in your turn which is currently the case.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines