FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › FC you still owe me a bow...

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Shadow21 20-01-2015, 21:56 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 80
FC you still owe me a bow...

I just wanted to ask when the further item dlc which were sold during the kickstarter campaign will be forthcoming?

among the things i chose was a bow of some sort, which i was really looking forward to using on my stealth merc. any updates when the bow will be implemented??

Report Quote
Shadow21 28-01-2015, 21:10 CET
Pledger

anybody home????

Report Quote
GoodKnight 04-02-2015, 22:50 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 15

Quoted Shadow21:

anybody home????

kind of feels this game/ forum is dead..

Report Quote
Tendoncutter 05-02-2015, 10:35 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 11

Well. When you think about it, they've already detailed that many have been let go, and when the chips are down and you need to focus on the technical parts of the game, it's not hard to imagine the least critical part of the actual game development, ie. the community manager, is expendable. 

Report Quote
Shadow21 05-02-2015, 17:29 CET
Pledger

Quoted Tendoncutter:

Well. When you think about it, they've already detailed that many have been let go, and when the chips are down and you need to focus on the technical parts of the game, it's not hard to imagine the least critical part of the actual game development, ie. the community manager, is expendable. 

one can still hope....

Report Quote
GoodKnight 06-02-2015, 10:08 CET
Pledger

Quoted Tendoncutter:

how do we know is the game is still being worked on or not?

Report Quote
Tendoncutter 06-02-2015, 10:31 CET
Pledger

Quoted GoodKnight:
Quoted Tendoncutter:

how do we know is the game is still being worked on or not?

We don't per se, but the signs aren't that great. The point of my post, however, was to indicate why we might not have heard much of late, and possibly won't moving forward.

Report Quote
Chris K 06-02-2015, 13:07 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 277

You might be right about that. Maybe a year ago, I looked him up and I'm pretty sure it said Full Contol somewhere on his Facebook page (that's how google directed me to the right page right away). Now, there's no mention of the company.

My memory about that might be wrong, since it's been kind of a long time, and even if I'm right, it might not mean anything, but everything seems to point to that. I hope he finds a great job then.

About them still working on the game - I'm sure they will at least fix the bugs (I would be surprised if they did more, though :-( ), but they stated that not a lot of people keep working on the game (sad, but understandable), so it's probably gonna be a while. Getting some information about that would be great of course.

Report Quote
nakano 06-02-2015, 19:59 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 158

Our community manager is sadly not working at Full Control any longer. Many core members have had to change company. Hopefully someone is still able to watch the code and fix the female prone issue if nothing else. Bow is probably out of question, though. It would require new animations.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 13-02-2015, 11:50 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 863

Most devs had been let off so Thomas can only ask them as a personal favour to do this and that. But no new features, until he can afford to re-hire them. But true, the female prone bug is kinda annoying. Not game breaking (you can make them stand up manually), but still.

When I actively campaigned to give FC time to solve all the game issues before bashing their heads against the wall people called me a fanboi and worse. Guess now we get to enjoy what all the haters and short-sighted people wanted us to enjoy: a game with no dev support. Hope they're happy about it and I can only wish them as much success in their personal lives as they allowed this game to have.

Report Quote
Tendoncutter 13-02-2015, 13:43 CET
Pledger

And yet, they insist on telling us and the rest of the community that they all wanted the game to succeed. Dearly.

Hard to counter or indeed keep up with the religious zealotry that is the urge to complain without personal consequences.

Report Quote
GoodKnight 16-02-2015, 18:31 CET
Pledger

Shanga don't go blaming other people for this game failing.. The devs are the ones at fault.. They tried to make a game and the failed.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines