FORUM

ForumCommunity Wishlist › Some weapon suggestions (with pics!)

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Deadeye 20-08-2014, 08:45 CET

Total Posts: 6
Some weapon suggestions (with pics!)

I'm just going to fire off a few idea that have occured to me over my years playing the JA series; as well as, a few idea that have been inspired by Flashback's 1980's timeframe. While I don't think it should be done to death, there should be some nods to 80's pop culture, especially since it was such a good decade for gun-toting action heroes. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about these ideas. 

Predator

1. Underslung Shotgun: I already mentioned this in another post, but I might as well repeat myself since we're talking about weapons here. The game has had mechanics in place for underslung weapons since JA2 came out, so this seems to be a fairly easy accomplishment.

2. "Painless": The infamous minigun featured in Predator. Excellent for mowing down enemy soldiers, or for trimming overgrown folliage, "Painless," as it is refered to in the film, is the 80's mercenary's best friend.

3. Shuriken, AKA Ninja Stars: This is just a throwing knife with a different graphic. Make it happen. Such an easy addition, and it is so awesomely 80's!

4. M202A1 FLASH: The four-barreled rocket launcher featured prominently in the film Commando. This seems like it could be as simple as the launcher from JA2 with a new graphic, and a 4 round capacity.

5. Squad Machine Gun: This is an idea that I once discussed with some modders a while back. A heavy machine gun that requires multiple mercs to operate. I'm not much of a programmer, so feel free to help me understand the logistics here, but this was my theory: The weapon is essentially broken down into 2 or 3 individually useless pieces (Gun/Tripod/Ammunition, for instance) that are collectively impossible for a single merc to carry efficiently. It's been a while since I've looked over the game features, but I figured this could be done by making the individual components incredibly heavy, so that it was necessary for the items to be lugged around by 2 or 3 mercs. Once the mercs have found a desireable position, the items are then transferred to the "gunner" merc, who is then effectively immobilized, until the machine gun is disassembled.

5. Swords: I always wished that some of the martial arts trained mercs could bust out some cool decapitation maneuvers with their machetes, the way they get crazy with the roundhouse kicks. This would mean additional animation, but it would be very cool. You're probably going to hear a lot from me about how there should be ninjas in this game. This is really the ultimate weapon for those of us who really love using the stealthy characters to quietly dispatch enemies. Plus ninjas=80's action.

6. Chainsaw: I'm sure this is the one where everyone with any kind of programming experience starts looking at me cockeyed, and I completely understand, this would require all sorts of additional work to pull off; but come on, I dare you to name one video game where you could weild a chainsaw, and it wasn't the funnest weapon in the game. That said, this is really just a much louder, much bloodier crowbar. Open crates, unlock doors, dismember your enemies. Like I said, I'm aware that this is a lot of work, which is why I'm not going to mention my idea for an underslung chainsaw...

Report Quote
JAF Admin 20-08-2014, 13:23 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

Hehe, 

Thanks for the pics :) One can never get enough of awesome guns and weapons...at least not for movies and games. 

Some of those are easier to add to the game than others...unsure if all fit withthe time, but good suggestions ^^

Report Quote
Django 20-08-2014, 16:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

And lets not forget the good old exploding arrow. Although in reality it comes with an array of Problems, so i have heard. So i guess its complicated to build an actualy working one.

The bow and arrow could be a funny but not so deadly weapon. And with the addition of some rather hard to find tools you could have the effect of a far thrown grenade.

Report Quote
Grim 20-08-2014, 19:04 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 249

The (hunter) bow is already part of a model pack, see update 26 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback/posts?page=4

Always been curious about that, as implementing a bow comes with specific animations and other unique stuff, time consuming for the devs. Yet, if it's implemented, great!

Report Quote
Deadeye 20-08-2014, 23:36 CET

Quoted JAF Admin :

Hehe, 

Thanks for the pics :) One can never get enough of awesome guns and weapons...at least not for movies and games. 

Some of those are easier to add to the game than others...unsure if all fit withthe time, but good suggestions ^^

I'm possitive that everything I mentioned fits perfectly into the late 80's timeframe. Every film pictured was released prior to 1988.

Report Quote
Deadeye 20-08-2014, 23:40 CET

Quoted JAF Admin :

Hehe, 

I'm possitive that everything I mentioned fits perfectly into the late 80's timeframe. Every film pictured was released prior to 1988.

Report Quote
Archo 20-08-2014, 23:54 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 381

The bow is alreay a great additon. Ninja stars would be awesome =)

Report Quote
Maciej2801 04-09-2014, 12:22 CET

Total Posts: 1

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karabinek_wz._88_Tantal

Report Quote
47Hitmen 06-09-2014, 14:46 CET

Total Posts: 19

Hi every ones! As a real weapons fan, I'ma do a complete wish list of what i would like to found on corpse in this games ;)
Pistols:

• CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW: CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW
  • H&K MARK 23:

Assault rifles:

• Sa VZ. 58 (old and modernized): It's carries the same round as the AK 47, can be used in the same sh*tty conditions but is more balanced and ergonomic ;)
  • CZ 805 BREN familly:
  • SIG 556 xi familly: This is the "Russian" version of this rifle (AK mags and rounds) but there are other badass version of this brand new rifle ;)
  • SA58 OSW: The latest version of the amazin' FN FAL. Built for mercs ;)
  • Beretta ARX 160:
  • IMI Galil ACE familly:
  • Thales F90 : The latest improved version of the Steyr Aug.

Submachine Gun:

• SIG MPX Familly:
  • CZ EVO III:

Sniper Rifles:

• SVD TIGRE:
  • Walther WA 2000:
  • MaMillan CS5: Smaller than usual sniper rifles, it's perfect for urban fighting.. Or assassination ;)
  • DTA SRS:
  • APO ASW338LM:

Here you are, just don't forget to put some heavy machine guns to the mix and the same kind of weapons customization that there were in JA2 1.13 and it will be perfect ;)

Report Quote
Hyrax 06-09-2014, 18:49 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 195

yeah, I don't think those guns are from late 80s and early 90s which is the game setting (the game takes place before JA and JA2)

Report Quote
47Hitmen 06-09-2014, 23:38 CET

Ugh.. Indeed they're not (exect for the HK MK 23, the Walther WA2000, VZ 58 -♥- and SDV TIGRE) ^^
So, for awsome 80s-90s guns there they are:
Assault rifles:

• Bofors AK5:
  • IMI Galil:
  • XM177:
  • FN FAL Familly:
  • HK G3 serie (with cetme and AG3 variants):
  • HK G36 familly: (with integrated red dot sight)
  • Stoner 63: (Also used as LMG)
  •  Beretta AR 70/90:
  • AMD 63:
  • As VAL:
  • AN-94:
  • SIG 550/551/552:
  • Type 89:
  • Daewoo K1/K2:
  • FAMAS (♥):

Sniper Rifles

• IMI GALATZ:
  • M21:
  • HK PSG1:
  • HK MSG90:
  • Dragunov SVU (OTs-03A):
  • FRF2:
  • DSR 1:
  • SIG 550 Sniper:

Machine Gun:

• RPD:
  • RPK:
  • MG 74:
  • Ultimax 100:
  • M60:
  • M249:
  • HK21:

Submachine Gun:

• HK MP5 familly:
  • HK UMP45:
  • FN P90:
  • PP-19 Bizon:
  • IMI UZI Familly:
  • Steyr TMP:
Report Quote
JAF Admin 08-09-2014, 10:22 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

What a list! Will try and forward to suggestiong to the appropirate people on the team

Report Quote
47Hitmen 09-09-2014, 00:11 CET

Yeah but I didn't put everything I would like to have (like shotguns -speaking of those, since the environnement is destructible, being able to breach a door with a demo-man equiped with a shotgun would be awsome^^-, some bolt-action rifles, legendary and beautiful pistols..) but if your team needs more ideas or is seeking for something in particularlet me know and I will help you with pleasure :)

Report Quote
Andr 11-09-2014, 17:24 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 35

I agree with most of the List, but not with everything. Some Weapons are to modern for the year 1988. I also wouldt include many WWII weapons.

Report Quote
Django 13-09-2014, 00:26 CET
Pledger

I for my part would like to see about 80% soviet weapons from before the 1990s in metavira and the mercs with mostly american stuff at the start.

Everything old enough from this list should make the standart Armory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_Russian_small_arms

(Tokarev, Makarov and PSM Pistol, Bizon, KS-23 Shotgun, Mosin Nagant and SKS Rifle, Dragunov Sniper, AK47/ AK47M/ AK74, some VSS Vintorez, RPK/ RPK74/ PK light Machine Gun, underbarrel Grenade launcher, RPG-7)

Im in for fancy weapons like the WA2000 but only 1 or 2 in the game. Dont forget they only made 176 of them in the real world.

The vz58 looks like a good choice as extra weapon since it was exported in many countrys.

I guess that the Developers havent bought the name rights so i suggest to make it pretty obvious which gun is meant so that a simple name mod can "patch" the problem after release.

Report Quote
Andr 13-09-2014, 15:01 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 35

Also keep in mind wich faction is supported by wich Nation, for example the Prince´s troops by the Russia/China (so they will have plenty of Ak´s and all that Stuff) and the Rebels by the Americans (so they will have "NATO Style" weapons)

Report Quote
Django 13-09-2014, 23:59 CET
Pledger

There is one Problem. We dont know if Metavira is closer to Africa or to South America. I guess it should maybe resembel Cuba a bit.

And it is also unclear if its ruling class is closer Moscow or to Beijing. So it may makes sense to have a lot of chinese weapons, who knows.

Some more nice weapons. All widely distributed and pretty popular in the cold war.

Skorpion vz. 61:

Type 81:

FAMAS:

AMD 65:

FN Minimi:

Report Quote
Grim 14-09-2014, 09:35 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 249

You mean San Hermanos, right? Metavira was JA(1)'s island.

History of San Hermanos

As far as i understand the story, between 1971 and 1981 there was a communist leader, but we don't know really his acquaintances and supply routes for weapons. The SHAF and the prince are not related to any power, so they might have dealt with anyone. So the weapon casting can be large, IMO.

Sure, the prince allowed a USSR presence on the islands, so this faction if we meet them should be equiped soviet like, and they may have smuggled some of their stuff around.

Report Quote
Django 14-09-2014, 12:38 CET
Pledger

Quoted Grim:

You mean San Hermanos, right? Metavira was JA(1)'s island.

Yes, sorry i forgot that its a different island now.

Report Quote
47Hitmen 23-09-2014, 16:21 CET

Quoted Andr:

I agree with most of the List, but not with everything. Some Weapons are to modern for the year 1988. I also wouldt include many WWII weapons.

I agree with but my point is that we see US gunz vs CCCP gunz all the time.. Europe has made  a lot of awsome guns wich are for most of them better than us ones (HK G3 or FN FAL are great choice, they're accurate and powerful; and the famas is just one of the better weapon of this time. I shot with these at the french airforce and I was surprised that even if it is chambered in 5.56 it's still powerful while keeping a very low recoil and can be used wet -M4s of that time explode if you put them in water- and can be field striped without using tools and can be switch from left handed to right handed within a minute).

Report Quote
47Hitmen 13-10-2014, 15:37 CET

Quoted Deadeye:

2. "Painless": The infamous minigun featured in Predator. Excellent for mowing down enemy soldiers, or for trimming overgrown folliage, "Painless," as it is refered to in the film, is the 80's mercenary's best friend.

3. Shuriken, AKA Ninja Stars: This is just a throwing knife with a different graphic. Make it happen. Such an easy addition, and it is so awesomely 80's!

4. M202A1 FLASH: The four-barreled rocket launcher featured prominently in the film Commando. This seems like it could be as simple as the launcher from JA2 with a new graphic, and a 4 round capacity.

And just concerning those 3 elements:
Sadly, the "painless" doesn't exist in a man portable form (too much weigt and recoil), the M202A1 Flash fires incendiary rokets (perfect for anti-personnel use) and shurikens only arm people unless their is poison on them ^^

Report Quote
Rotozey 14-10-2014, 13:39 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 28

Why not?

Report Quote
47Hitmen 22-10-2014, 17:19 CET

Hi! I saw that you were looking for somme russian style weapons for the game so.. Here I go again ^^
Assault rifles:

Chinese Type 81:

Russian Groza OC-14 / OTs-14:

Indian INSAS: (notreally good as a rifle, but could be a good starting/cheap rifle)

SAR-80 (Singapore):

Czech SA Vz.58: (still good tofay, planning to buy one IRL ;) )

South Korean K2/1:

SR-88 (Singapore):

Japanese Type 89:

Russian AEK-971:

Russian AS "Val" :

MachineGun:

Russian SR-3 / SR-3M "Vikhr" :

Russian 9A-91:

Russian PP-90:

Sniper Rifles:

Czech CZ700:

Russian VSK-94: (I thnink this would be a great choice in the game ;) )
Russian VSS:

Of course, don't forget SDVU and other goodies that i mentionned before but I hope this will help you ;)

Report Quote
Roman 22-10-2014, 17:38 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 111

great stuff again, thanks! :)

Report Quote
Shadow21 22-10-2014, 18:32 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 80

Hey but please also include a Colt Commando. My favorite gun from this era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAR-15#mediaviewer/File:AR-15_Sporter_SP1_Carbine.JPG

thanks. also hurry up with attachments :p

Report Quote
Kangamangus 02-11-2014, 10:37 CET

Total Posts: 13

Definitely like the shuriken and CZ-75 idea.  <3 CZ

Report Quote
Bear 05-11-2014, 06:00 CET

Total Posts: 4

I would like to see axe's or an axe) Like that stuff. Powerful, fast and low-weight weapon.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 13-11-2014, 12:36 CET

Total Posts: 52

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to have the H&K G3 and G36 in game. In JA2 my entire squad was just equipped with H&K guns. Yeah I'm German ...

Report Quote
sidew 13-11-2014, 14:26 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 16

H&K G3 is already available in game...

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 13-11-2014, 14:37 CET

Total Posts: 52

Quoted sidew:

H&K G3 is already available in game...

You made my day with just one sentence :-)
Thank god ... errrm ... FullControl!

Edit: Enemy dropped G3 yesterday, I'm so happy *bam*

Report Quote
Cyberliner 05-08-2015, 10:38 CET

Total Posts: 2
ammo!

sorry, if off-top.... i badly speak english(

about guns. i wonder, WHY in all JA-and-lookslike games VSS Vintorez, AS Val and other guns this series have 9x19parabellum??? does gamemakers don`t see the difference betwen 9x39 and 9x19?

i guess, they try to minimization ammo assortiment. it`s very bad for realism, for logic.

there are 21 ammo varieties in JAFlshbck. 21!!! if we are want to have 21 ammo varieties, it better to do otherwise.

there are pistol cartridges (7.62x25, 9x18, 9x19, .38, .44, .45), rifle cartridges (7.62x51, 7.62x54R), intermediate cartridges (7.62x39, 6.8x43rem, 5.56x45, 5.45x39 and 7.92x57mauser),  magnum (12.7x105, 12.7x99, 8.6x70ML), hunting cartridges (12cal), special cartridges (9x39SP, 12.7x55SP) and some other. all of them are need to. all types have main theyself ansignment: armor piercing, stopping effects, etc.

now count how many species I have listed? 19! are you want 21? yeah, get 5.7x28 for FN Five-seveN and FN P90, and 4.6x30 for HK MP7. ready!

are you don`t want 4.6x30, you want some fantastic? get 4.7x33caseless for HK G11

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines