FORUM

ForumCommunity Wishlist › Mercs and long-term effect of injuries

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

iiiVaLOiii 16-11-2014, 23:26 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 59
Mercs and long-term effect of injuries

hi,

i find the way healing works at the moment too easy. Therefore, I would like to suggest that healing over time on strategic map only heals a debatable percentage of an injured merc's overall health. You do that until you reach the point where a merc barely recovers from wounds. If that happens the merc either

A) leaves

or

B) the merc stays but will die easily in combat due to low amount health. 

It won't be possible to fully restore merc's health anymore. Everytime you heal you can only restore a debatable amount of health.

The player will ultimately be forced to send the merc back home. From this point forward, the merc will be registered on hire screen as "injured" for several weeks. Maybe he will even lose some of his overall health or stats indefinitely like old injuries which hinder battle performance. 

Report Quote
Glettkin 17-11-2014, 16:41 CET

Total Posts: 112

I think if the mercs loose more and more health over time, they become products to be wasted. This would counter the role-play aspect imo. 

In the old JA2 sometimes when a merc gets hit, there was a (low) chance, that he could loose some stats. That was ok, because you could train the mercs to regain their strength. If a "training stats" system was implemented i´d be positive to say: let them loose stats sometimes! But in this state of development it would be unfair i think.

It´s a good thought, don´t get me wrong. But right now i´d say no, because you can´t counter the effect. Your mercs would just get worse and worse over the time, which isn´t fun imo. Also many real soldiers have been wounded and have fully recovered, it just left an ugly scar. So just serious injuries should have this effect, if at all atm.

Report Quote
iiiVaLOiii 17-11-2014, 16:56 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 59

Quoted Glettkin:

I think if the mercs loose more and more health over time, they become products to be wasted. This would counter the role-play aspect imo. 

In the old JA2 sometimes when a merc gets hit, there was a (low) chance, that he could loose some stats. That was ok, because you could train the mercs to regain their strength. If a "training stats" system was implemented i´d be positive to say: let them loose stats sometimes! But in this state of development it would be unfair i think.

It´s a good thought, don´t get me wrong. But right now i´d say no, because you can´t counter the effect. Your mercs would just get worse and worse over the time, which isn´t fun imo. Also many real soldiers have been wounded and have fully recovered, it just left an ugly scar. So just serious injuries should have this effect, if at all atm.

mhh yes, talking about stat loses you might have a point considering what's currently possible in the game. I was imagine that a merc would lose some aim points, for example, which could easily be regaind by killing enemies. 

Nevertheless, my basic idea was that when you have to heal your merc too often you would be at some point be forced to send the merc home so that the merc can fully recover ( in a proper hospital back in civilization, for example). Therefore, the penalty would be that you couldn't use the merc for several weeks. 

My point of view is that I find it currently simply too easy and too comfortable to get wounded mercs back into combat. 

But as long as you can't bring stats back up I agree that losing them from injuries doesn't sound right to everyone.

Report Quote
Glettkin 17-11-2014, 17:10 CET

Total Posts: 112

Quoted iiiVaLOiii:
Nevertheless, my basic idea was that when you have to heal your merc too often you would be at some point be forced to send the merc home so that the merc can fully recover ( in a proper hospital back in civilization, for example). Therefore, the penalty would be that you couldn't use the merc for several weeks. My point of view is that I find it currently simply too easy and too comfortable to get wounded mercs back into combat. 

Hmmm, yes...sending away a merc to regain health or other stats in civilisation sounds good to me. Also shouldn´t be too hard to implement (unfortunately we have to think about this factor, too). 

It would be an apropiate penalty for getting shot in the head too often :) A merc with a doctors bag can´t do the same as a fully equipped hospital. But it should also cost a lot of money. Who knows if he has health insurance...^^

And i totally agree, that healing is too easy atm, and its hard to balance that without proper systems implemented.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines