FORUM

ForumCommunity Wishlist › Town loyalty...

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Glettkin 17-11-2014, 16:54 CET

Total Posts: 112
Town loyalty...

The game is getting closer to JA2 than i thought it could be. With the new features promised for 1.06 there are not as many features left to implement as i thought, except for rooftops/height levels of course and some others. But rooftops/height levels are a dream of mine. So i was thinking what could be done with less effort and it came to me...

What about "town loayalty"? It was fun in JA2, that quests you finish, sectors you conquer or loose, or other factors did raise or lower the loyalty of a town. You need a basic amount of loyalty to your rebellion to train militia and you loose a town, if you totally suck or if you take too much time on the island.

It felt immersive and shouldn´t be too hard to implement. Also it counters the " i wait until time ends" tactic, e.g. just to raise money for more and more mercs or training them ....

What do you think?

Report Quote
Chris K 17-11-2014, 17:16 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 249

+1 for that. That was a really nice part of the roleplaying aspects of the game. Especially with the map getting a bit bigger (and I imagine some nice mods in the future that give us quite a few more sectors), that should change the game quite a bit and would be a very welcomed feature for me.

It's probably more difficult to implement than we think (because pretty much everything is :D), but it would certainly be great to have. That would give us more reasons to do quests as well. Right now, it mostly feels like you're just doing it for whatever you get out of it, it would be nice if they had some bigger influence on how well you're doing. It would also be a step into the direction that was hinted in the kickstarter - your actions having an influence on the story (or at least your perception of it).

Another part of it could be that you only can train a certain amount of militia with certainly loyalty. It would make sense that you get more people to help you the higher the loyalty of the town is.

Report Quote
Django 17-11-2014, 21:56 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 75

+1 I would love to have loyalty as a variable, would give the game a lot more depth.

Report Quote
Loki 18-11-2014, 08:59 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 179

i would like it but the towns are pretty small here :) mostly one sector

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 18-11-2014, 09:32 CET

Total Posts: 52

Quoted Django:

+1 I would love to have loyalty as a variable, would give the game a lot more depth.

... and could lead to your squad acting less ruthless. I was in a urban fight and some of my surpressing fire / shotgun craze hit a civilian! Okay, the guy didn't die but I would be pissed as hell when some Mercs enter my town, shoot like crazy, damage my house and my wife ...
You know, a little more finesse with the locals in order to be loved (and the arms dealer is giving niceprice if I treat the people well) ...

Report Quote
Loki 18-11-2014, 12:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 179

Quoted Lord Hyperlord:
Quoted Django:

... and could lead to your squad acting less ruthless. I was in a urban fight and some of my surpressing fire / shotgun craze hit a civilian! Okay, the guy didn't die but I would be pissed as hell when some Mercs enter my town, shoot like crazy, damage my house and my wife ...
You know, a little more finesse with the locals in order to be loved (and the arms dealer is giving niceprice if I treat the people well) ...

problem is that the civilians don't move their asses off the fire. They wait in the crosshairs until they are dead or the fight over

Report Quote
Glettkin 18-11-2014, 22:46 CET

I don´t think wounding civilians should count into town loyalty...would be cool of course, but i guess if we go this step we have to take others, and the system would become too complex.

Imo if quests solved or failed, time taken to do anything, conquered or lost sectors, militia being able to defend themselves or gets overrun, and maybe 1 or 2 others would count, it would be sufficient to take an immersive effect on town loyalty.

Report Quote
Mad Squ 19-11-2014, 12:02 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 25

+1 to the idea!

Report Quote
Glettkin 20-11-2014, 21:27 CET

Quoted Loki:

i would like it but the towns are pretty small here :) mostly one sector

This could easily change when fans do their own maps and islands...

Quoted Chris K.

Another part of it could be that you only can train a certain amount of militia with certainly loyalty. It would make sense that you get more people to help you the higher the loyalty of the town is.

+1 for that from me

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines