FORUM

ForumOff-Topic › T-shirts and stuff

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Tmib 17-11-2014, 00:33 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 82
T-shirts and stuff

I'm just wondering when the backers get the t-shirts and other backer things. Is there a shipping date?

Report Quote
JAF Admin 17-11-2014, 12:02 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

Goods are still being produced, so will be a whle longer.  

Report Quote
Tmib 17-11-2014, 13:27 CET
Pledger

Ok, thanks for the reply. :)

Report Quote
Chris K 17-11-2014, 13:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 277

I actually hope that you will wait until all the promissed features are included and at least the biggest bugs are fixed before you put it on the disc, so that I don't have to download most of the game files anyway right after installing it.

Report Quote
nakano 17-11-2014, 16:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 158

Agreed with Chris's plan. Level Editor with tutorials (when ready) could also be included in the disc.

Report Quote
Tmib 18-11-2014, 21:08 CET
Pledger

I can wait, it's ok. It's -8 celsius anyways, taking a walk outside wearing just a tshirt would be a freezy experience anyways.  XD

Report Quote
clemenskaa 19-11-2014, 15:28 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 6

Oh! I nearly forgot about the boxed version. But I agree, it would be better to get a later version of the game on disc.

Report Quote
Tmib 13-05-2015, 04:40 CET
Pledger

It's almost 6 months since I started this thread. Is there any info about the T-shirt and other things?

Report Quote
Tendoncutter 13-05-2015, 11:36 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 11

Quoted JayM:

For all non-backers, here is the latest news that went out today to Kickstarter backers:

Dear backers,

First up sorry for the long "no news" situation. There hasn't been anything to report, so that's why.

Mixed bag of news today, so here we go! Not everyone will like this, but so be it.

Physical Goods

Most of you are awaiting this, and there is no big change here. We have some of the things produced as you can see on the attached photo (there is more than this, I just didnt want to move boxes around). Primarily lots of t-shirts, posters, dog tags. There is still lots of stuff being produced and still todo.

So no real news here. We need to have everything ready, produced, shipped to us and then package it all. Doing it in pieces is way too cumbersome and expensive. We might be able to get the DVDs out to DVD only backers (especially in the US), but lets see.

No real ETA here, and I'll let you know about it when we are ready to package the goods and ship out. But its not around the corner. Will still take weeks.

Team Disbanded / Slow Communication

Big part of the slow communication and lack of progress is, that the JAF team is no more. Everyone is gone and there is me left to handle it all. Both taking over tasks from the guys who left as well as running the rest of the company.

And people have not just been moved over to other projects as some people say. They are gone gone, not to return. Very sad, but that's just the financial reality of JAF.

I try to answer all emails sent directly to me, but I simply cannot find time in the day to read+answer posts on the forums. Sorry - but that's just how it is.

Future Development on JAF

Without a team, there is also no further development on the game.

We would have liked nothing more than to continue on for ages, but no salaries lead to no people lead to no development.

We will work on a quick bug fix release in the upcoming weeks in between other work, and then that is the final version from our hands no matter what.

That bugfix will take care of (right now at least) 2 known issues that we want to fix

female mercs in prone after loading
    a crash bug in the pathfinder

In my spare time sometime in the future I will send over as much of the requested modding stuff to Shanga. But my priority lies with physical goods first.

From the start of this project we wanted to get the modding part of the community running with as many possibilities as possible. And that is still everyone's goal to see the awesome stuff that can be done in the future by the talent out there.

Best

Thomas Lund

Sole survivor of the JAF team, signing off

From the latest Kickstarter update(quoted from another thread on this forum).

Should still be on the way, but no specifics on when that will be. That's about it. 

Report Quote
Glettkin 24-05-2015, 17:29 CET

Total Posts: 138

You know the game is dead right? There´s noone left in the company except Thomas Lund. In fact the company is dead also. Thomas Lund also stated that this forum isn´t important enough (not enough people) to look at or to reply to. That was his statement when he was asked why important news are only presented on the kickstarter page. I guess you can forget about your t-shirts. No shipping or anything else takes more than half a year.

Report Quote
JayM 26-05-2015, 00:54 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 68

Quoted Glettkin:

I guess you can forget about your t-shirts. No shipping or anything else takes more than half a year.

Well, everyone that backed was aware of the risk that the game might be rubbish and that our money goes down the drain, but I don't think that FC / Thomas Lund should get away with not delivering physical goods that were promised. Not that I really need my boxed version of the game anymore but I think it's a matter of principle and what I paid for in part.

Seeing that the game is finished (literally and figuratively) and it's been seven month there is no particular reason to not send out the goods. As Glettkin said, that normally doesn't take that long. I wonder whether the delay is part of some tactic that says "I hope the backers forget about it..."

Or is it "I want to honour my side of the deal, I just need to raise enough cash through Space Hulk sales to do it"?

The former would be fraud, the latter would be bad management, at the very least. How much time should backers give Thomas Lund before some legal action is due?

Report Quote
Loki 28-05-2015, 05:26 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 188

What legal action? You have no chance to get sth. if they are done

Report Quote
Tmib 29-05-2015, 10:49 CET
Pledger

There is no "legal action". The things are promised, but unfortuately if the promises are broken, then we are just f.cked. Kickstarters are like political campaigns, we get promises, then who gets the donation keeps the promises or not. There are multiple stories about successful campaigns, where the people just grabbed the money and ran, or they started the promised projects, but they cancelled it w/o paying the money back to the people.

Report Quote
Loki 30-05-2015, 08:06 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 188

I trust them to send us these things one time. When i don't know

Report Quote
TheLARPKing 30-05-2015, 22:26 CET

Total Posts: 9

From the Kickstarter website, on funding, first thing it says:

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/handbook/funding

"Kickstarter uses an all-or-nothing funding model. If your project doesn’t meet its funding goal, no money changes hands. This is great for creators because it minimizes risk. Meeting your goal ensures that you’ll have the funds you need to complete your project and deliver rewards to your backers.

Your funding goal should be the minimum amount needed to complete the project and fulfill rewards."

Again:
"Your funding goal should be the minimum amount needed to complete the project and fulfill rewards."

Once more:
"Your funding goal should be the minimum amount needed to complete the project and fulfill rewards."

It looks like they used the money they were supposed to have aside for rewards on their salaries instead, which is a violation of the kickstarter rules.

I'd consider writing some letters if I was a backer and fell for this honeytrap.

Report Quote
Tmib 01-06-2015, 04:03 CET
Pledger

Report Quote
Forlorn hope 01-06-2015, 19:55 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 10

I hope we get our physical rewards... eventually!

Report Quote
JayM 02-06-2015, 11:04 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 68

I think - at least by EU law - that this is a very clear case from a legal point of view. People gave FC money to make a game plus some physical stuff (box, t-shirts etc.). Their project was successfully funded on Kickstarter, which means they have a binding contract with the backers to deliver a game and the physical goods. They delivered the game, albeit sub-par, and there is no reason to not deliver the physical rewards - the quality of the game has nothing to do with that. Also, FC is still in business and thus a legal entity which still has a contract with numerous JAF backers.

As people have pointed out before, backing a game is a risk everyone is aware of. Receiving physical goods you paid for, shouldn't be.

Going after FC for failing to honour their side of the deal is dead easy, I would say. Many people in Europe have legal insurance, so it wouldn't cost them a cent to hire a lawyer, just a bit of time to explain the case.

Report Quote
Tmib 02-06-2015, 23:27 CET
Pledger

I don't know, but it would take like 5 mins to check to forum once a week and let us know about what's going on with those t-shirts, disks, etc. :(

Report Quote
gdalf 11-06-2015, 11:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 122

Yes, any way to contact Thomas?  I don't even care about the T-shirt (I literally told them I don't want it), it's more about a point of principle on honoring a contract.  I am interested to get the other physical goods I guess as a keepsake.

Report Quote
nakano 11-06-2015, 17:26 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 158

Quoted gdalf:

Yes, any way to contact Thomas?

Shouldn't be too difficult. Sent a Kickstarter message, email to him or use this contact form. Thomas' direct email address is given on that page too. It's been working in the past. If you get a reply, let us know how things are going and is fulfilling the rest/any of items still within plans. Plus any real estimations when.

Report Quote
Chris K 19-06-2015, 12:42 CET
Pledger

New Kickstarter update:
"As said earlier, and I'll reiterate it - the physical goods will be honored. So any discussions there can end."

The rest sounds to me like it will be a couple more months, but we will get them eventually, so you can stop speculating and threatening (although I am sure someone will keep doing both of those).

Report Quote
TheLARPKing 24-06-2015, 18:48 CET

Total Posts: 9

Is that update actually any different from what we have been told all along though?
I read that as they just want people to stop asking them or, to stop talking about it.

I emailed Thomas almost three weeks ago (June 6th) asking if there was any news about physical rewards, or if he has any comment. No responce though.
I completely agree that it shouldnt be this difficult to get a reply but unfortunatly it is.

Maybe thats the point though, if more time passes then I'm sure even the remaining few of us will eventually lose interest.

Report Quote
Chris K 24-06-2015, 19:53 CET
Pledger

I guess that was his response. Yes, imho he should have answered you directly as well, if you asked, but apparently he chose to make an official statement about it instead. Maybe he was waiting for a responce by bC's lawyers and didn't answer earlier because of that.
One new thing was that the bitComposer lawyers agreed to keep bC's word on taking care of EMEA after all. No idea what that means for the timeline, though. Apart from that, what else do you want him to say if he obviously doesn't know any specifics about when we will get the stuff? Do you want him to lie, say that we'll get it in a month and then make that another month etc?

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 7023 posts, in a total of 623 threads.

Number of Threads: 623
Number of Posts: 7023

Latest posts:

ICQ : 669986610=== Selling Fresh Cc ,Dumps+pin,Bank login,Wu transfert ,Book tickets by cvvhacker50

ICQ : 669986610=== Selling Fresh Cc ,Dumps+pin,Bank login,Wu transfert ,Book tickets by cvvhacker50

ICQ::::694760367 SELL CC GOOD , CVV FRESH , DUMPS 101 201 GOOD QUALITY + PIN code by cvvhacker50

ICQ::::694760367 SELL CC GOOD , CVV FRESH , DUMPS 101 201 GOOD QUALITY + PIN code by jise

ICQ::::694760367 SELL CC GOOD , CVV FRESH , DUMPS 101 201 GOOD QUALITY + PIN code by jise

Dumps Track + Pin , Transfer Wu , Selling CC (ICQ: 6311110) by hima101

Fresh Hacking 2016 Russian Solution, Cvv, Fullz, Dumps, Bank Login, Transfert by cvvfresh2016

Fresh Hacking 2016 Russian Solution, Cvv, Fullz, Dumps, Bank Login, Transfert by cvvfresh2016

Rooftops? by nathalie570

Some weapon suggestions (with pics!) by nathalie570

feedback and requests by Tmib

Just got my perks by Tmib

Where to check for backer quotes / npc names etc by dms

Tutorial Not Loading by Chris

WOW! by Tendoncutter

weight by Syrop

Open Source - The future of Flashback by Syrop

Kickstarter Updates by nakano

T-shirts and stuff by Chris K

Mercs don't ragdoll by Darklord

1.1.3 RC1-14095 by Tmib

“… I have enough control of my budgets to be able to ‘land’ the entire company and avoid bankruptcy.” by TheLARPKing

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines