FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › Update 42: JAF live on Steam Early Access

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 16-05-2014, 08:50 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 576
Update 42: JAF live on Steam Early Access

Dear Backers,

We would like to announce that we are now officially live on Steam Early Access!!

A big thanks to all of you for helping us get to this point, we are looking forward to your reactions as well as all of the feedback, suggestions and input you may have.

To start off the early access with a blast, we decided to make a kickass trailer in the spirit of the old games, to give both old and upcoming fans of the franchise a taste of the 80’s action themed atmosphere.

Early Access Trailer

Let there be no doubt, we really want to add both cheesy, odd and humorous elements to this game.

Here's the link for the Steam Store Page

Roadmap for Early Access

What is currently in?

• The combat system (although not completely finished yet)
  • Quite a few sectors and mercenaries which are waiting for you 
  • Some quests are in there as well 
  • Daylight/Night cycle slightly influencing line of sight
  • Full features professional map editor and modable games + Steamworkshop integration
  • Probably lots of bugs we didn’t discover yet 

What will follow? 

That’s a tricky question. A lot would be the quick answer. We plan to have regular updates where we expand the world and the number of mercenaries. But these are “just” content updates. And as every true Jagged fan knows, content isn’t everything. Anyways: Expect such smaller updates more often. But don’t expect them to have lots of new features. Cause features will be added in far less often but much bigger updates. 

Please keep in mind that the following list is not a list of promised features, but a list of what we want to add to the game. If we find that something on the list doesn’t fit like expected it will, it won’t go in. It may be added at a later point, but we have to prioritize our efforts. 

The next big updated is scheduled for the very end of June, and is planned to include more advanced combat with more weapon classes, different ammo types and interrupts. Furthermore, we are itching to finally include grenades, explosions and destructible environments, as well as giving the strategic map more gameplay weight in regards to resource management. 

Milestone Update 1 

• Advanced Combat (Weapon classes, Ammo types & reloading, Interrupts) 
  • Explosions & Destructible Environment 
  • Throwables & Grenades 
  • Resource Management on Strategic Layer 

Milestone Update 2 

• Stealth (Concealment, Skill, Hearing) 
  • Melee combat 
  • Conquering Sectors & Militia 

Milestone Update 3 

• Advanced Characters (Perks, Morale, Breath, Medial & Mechanics) 
  • Doors (Lockpicking, Breaching, Interaction) 
  • Mercenary tasks out of combat (Train militia, repair, healing,...) 

Milestone Update 4 

• Advanced Enemies (Classes, Grenades, AI) 
  • Additional Equipment (Attachments, Goggles,...) 
  • Sector Upgrades 

Side note to NPC names 

Currently the NPC and Enemy names you have submitted are added to the EA in one pool, which means that there can be instances where a male NPC ends up having a female name. We’re also still missing a lot of responses, primarily from Paypallers, which will be added at a later point. Additional coding is needed to separate the genders in the game as well as code to make sure that not all random NPC take names from the backer pool. - Would ruin the game if all NPCs on the island were people who didn’t really fit the setting. 

Early Access Keys 

Right after this Kickstarter update, we’ll be sending out the keys for (Beta) Backers, which are backers in Tier $75+ and backers who paid for the beta upgrade, ($25-$65) + 20)). There are a lot of backers and it’s easy to miss one or two on the list, so please contact us at support@fullcontrol.dk if you think that is the case. 

By taking away the shop, we also removed the option of adding extra funds on top of backer’s original pledges to get access to Steam Early Access. We thought that was a shame, so we’re currently looking into a way of allowing backers to do so. It will most likely be by sending out keys for Steam, which are then redeemable for a discount coupon for the game. The coupon will only be valid throughout the Early Access phase. 

Final Surveys 

Now that the store on our site is closed down, we’ll finally be able to finalize the tiers for Humble Bundle. Additionally, we will also be able to send out the rest of the surveys, which is mainly for Paypallers at this point. We apologize for this to be taking so long, but other tasks have taken priority up until this point. 

Until Next Time 

The JAF Team

Report Quote
SgtFopper 16-05-2014, 09:14 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 4

Hi!

So just to be clear:

I backed this game with $50 via PayPal @ kickstarter. When can I expect to get an Early Access Key via email? :-)

Report Quote
JAF Admin 16-05-2014, 09:27 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted SgtFopper:

Hi!

So just to be clear:

I backed this game with $50 via PayPal @ kickstarter. When can I expect to get an Early Access Key via email? :-)

From the update:

Tier $75+ and backers who paid for the beta upgrade, ($25-$65) + 20)) 

Beta is not part of tier $50 so unless you paid $20 for beta upgrade you currently dont' have access to the Steam Early Access (Beta)

Report Quote
Django 16-05-2014, 09:35 CET

Total Posts: 14

Ahhh, i totally love the Trailer :)

If youre able to create an Atmospere in the game that is as good and catchy as the one in the trailer the game will be awesome.

Im still a litlle bit concerned that the game will be to funny. JA2 had this sadness and melancholia which i really liked(not tooo much but it was there). Some tragic elements will add more deepness to the game.

But yeah whatever things looking good so far.

Report Quote
SgtFopper 16-05-2014, 10:56 CET
Pledger

Quoted JAF Admin :
Quoted SgtFopper:

Hi!

So just to be clear:

From the update:

Tier $75+ and backers who paid for the beta upgrade, ($25-$65) + 20)) 

Beta is not part of tier $50 so unless you paid $20 for beta upgrade you currently dont' have access to the Steam Early Access (Beta)

Ok, I was just wondering because of this kickstarter tier description:

It's Time to Reload Tier: Get dem Bullets out! If you make it in time, you get: ============================= All previous rewards + Digital high quality map of the game world + Digital copy of the Official Soundtrack + Early Access to the game + A Digital Documentary of the making of JA: Flashback

So, when can we $50 funder expect to get access to tne game then? :)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 16-05-2014, 11:10 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 388

Yep, the wording there is kinda messed up. I too though EA = Steam EA and expected $50 backers to get access. 

Well, hoping EA goes fast and you give access to backers soon. Usual Steam whiners do not deserve more than the people who believed in you since day 1.

Report Quote
Chaos Theory 16-05-2014, 16:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2

Guys, just wanted to jump in and let you know that trailer was just great...  Funny shit right there.

Report Quote
onrop 16-05-2014, 17:31 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 1

I backed $75 and received a key via e-mail. How can I download the Early Access version on Steam for free? It costs 39,99 €.

Edit: Ok, here's how it works:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

Report Quote
SgtFopper 16-05-2014, 17:40 CET
Pledger

Quoted onrop:

I backed $75 and received a key via e-mail. How can I download the Early Access version on Steam for free? It costs 39,99 €.

Just enter your Early Access Steam Key via your Steam Client. If Steam is running, you can see below on the left side the Tab "Add a Game". Click on it. Then click on "Activate/Redeem a product key on Steam". Follow the next steps and here we go. You now have access to your Early Access version. :)

Report Quote
Zombra 16-05-2014, 18:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 12

Quoted Django:

Im still a litlle bit concerned that the game will be to funny. JA2 had this sadness and melancholia which i really liked(not tooo much but it was there). Some tragic elements will add more deepness to the game.

I doubt they'll be able to perfectly nail the humor of any of the original games, but I'm glad they're going with a light touch.  I'm more a fan of Jagged Alliance and Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, myself.

Report Quote
sardonic wrath 16-05-2014, 20:25 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 10

ah, nice!

I backed for 25$  (I think. Couldn't afford more at the time) and would gladly pay on top of it for this. Hope you can make this coupon thing work. Is that the plan that I would get a coupon for 25$ off the price listed on steam?

Report Quote
JAF Admin 16-05-2014, 21:26 CET
Super Administrator

As far as I know we can only get it in %, but should work as well...let's see

Report Quote
Rainbow 16-05-2014, 23:51 CET
Pledger

Yeah !!

I saw the post on Facebook. Was like.. crap, why didnt i recived any email or keys as a "silent" backer. But "Full Control" has everything under control. My key was in the mail :-)

Thanks a million and looking forward to participate in this awsome game to be.

Allready send some feedback ingame. You guys did a great job in the last year.
Ok, i'll stop ass licking now. :-) and return to my game.

Ciao.

Roland

Report Quote
Paco Zafra 20-05-2014, 13:29 CET
Pledger

Upgrade from 25$ to EA?

Hello I am a 25$ tier backer, is there any posiblity so I upgrade to Early Acess in Steam right now?

Thanks.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 20-05-2014, 13:42 CET
Super Administrator

Hiya, 

Not right now, but we're getting coupon codes from Steam to make it possible, but takes a little while unfortunately

Report Quote
Paco Zafra 20-05-2014, 14:06 CET
Pledger

Quoted JAF Admin :

Hiya, 

Not right now, but we're getting coupon codes from Steam to make it possible, but takes a little while unfortunately

ohhh :-( Thanks anyway...

Report Quote
Wigen 21-05-2014, 17:52 CET

Total Posts: 32

@Full Control

You're going to E3 this year? ;)

Report Quote
JHammer 21-05-2014, 22:32 CET

Shop is gone now?

Is the shop officially closed now? No other way to make a donation for a drm free boxed copy?

If so guess I'll eat a bullet before I buy another game that has anything to do with Scream (Steam.)

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines