FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › Hotfix version 0.6.1 out

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Thomas Lund 05-09-2014, 18:31 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 51
Hotfix version 0.6.1 out

Hi all,

Before we fall too much into Friday beer etc, we just now released a hotfix 0.6.1 that also includes a handful features.

The change log is below! Addresses some of the more critical and/or easy to do feedback from yesterdays build.

Best

Thomas

Game Changes 0.6.1-a12 (05.09.2014)

Features

- Updated layout of dialog, story, quest, notification, escape menu to new look

- Removed forced upper case text from a lot of UI panels

- Added close inventory button to inventory

- Added weapon range/accuracy/damage table to inventory view

- Next turn button, strategic map and minimap are now hidden when character view is open

- Partly hooked in unit stats on inventory screen

- Added one more dot to the loading screen ;-)

Bugfixes

- Temporarily removed non functional image and buttons from loot container

- Fix for TheMessenger quest breaking sector loading

- Added auto-run to containers in the combat mode

- Small fix for interrupt system

- Fixed issue where popup texts for enemies that where not visible was shown anyway

- Grenade indicator is now hidden immediately after throwing

- Auto throw grenades (clicking on a unit with the grenade selected) now only throw the grenade if the unit clicked is an enemy

- Tile information still shown even when a tile is not walkable - fixed

- Fixed issue where you could not select the first unit in a multiselection

- Unit indicator (triangle above units) now shows white when selected

- Visual update to sector H11

Report Quote
Archo 05-09-2014, 21:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 175

• Thx. Some bugs are fixed. New boxes look better. But the interruption box is tooo big. It takes time to get rid off it where you can't see and target enemies behind it. So it is only one word "Interruption" so make the box as small as possible. =)
  • Also nice to be able to read the text now. Upper case with this font is nothing we wanna read.
  • Didn't find any lootable container in the first 4 sectors. Am I missing something? Is there a hand symbol like in JA2 that shows me where to grab stuff?

The weapons how show huch much AP you need and so on. But will two weapons be compared to each other and the better values marked green/red for the two weapons? In JA2 1.13 we had these features. Also there should be little icons and a table as layout, so I see how many APs I need and what the max range is. As everything is now text, it really looks like weapon text. There should be a divider or something. So we can read selective.

Good progress, keep on pushing next week and enjoy your drinks =)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-09-2014, 13:38 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 388

There is still something that causes an overload of the system. I can't put my finger on what it is. Typical crash scenario is:

1. is raining... lately storm takes a huge toll on FPS, especially at night, despite the fact that my rig is an i7, 16 gb ram and Radeon 280x with 3gb VRAM.

2. multiple enemies are bunched up together (and probably set on interrupt)

3. merc sees enemy, runs close, tries to shoot and game just stops. I doesn't litteraly freezes, cause I can still move the camera around, but my soldiers and the UI are completely unresponsive

NOTE: For testing purposes my agent has 2000 APs. I don't see how that would affect your calculations, shoudn't, but it might. So take that into consideration, too.

PS: You can still save during such event, but it will result in a corrupted save that will never load back.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-09-2014, 14:03 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 388

K8 sector seems bugged, once i go there the loading screen appears and goes into an infinite loop. I tried to enter 3 times, from different points of access.

Speaking of quests, I've noticed there are more and more added, which is nice, but due to the fact that the game relies heavily on viewrange, even after combat, spotting quest NPCs can be a pain. Finding anything in a complicated map would be too (Tio sectors). Have you considered some sort of "cheat" that gives the player 360 degree view, full map, once the combat is over? 

The view cone doesn't seem right for some reason, especially when there are enemies in close proximity. When you're in a crowd you "sense" there are people around you for longer than the game does now. So targets in very close proximity should never "vanish" but only blackout.

Figured out the militia training thing (the fact that you need to stay in the sector to train them), but I have yet to see any trained militia. Again, this comes back to the map overlay on peaceful sectors, that should display known and friendly locations/NPCs.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 08-09-2014, 10:18 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 576

- We did have some issues with that sector, wich I'll investigate further.

- Either that or simply have quest NPCs be visible once you are  "close" 

- I guess the "sensing others" is a polish/blancing tweak. 

- I think that will come with the strategic map update. 

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines