FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Jagged Alliance style game (work in progress)

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Syrop 10-09-2014, 03:24 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 13
Jagged Alliance style game (work in progress)

I was lurking on Unity forums and came across this thread some might find interesting.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/jagged-alliance-style-game-in-progress.235988/

Apparently, it's being worked on by a single person in his spare time, or as he calls it "few minutes per day after work". It might be rough around the edges, but shows what one person can do with his spare time.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 10-09-2014, 13:20 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 388

Saw this project a while ago, but as the author admits in the forum, this is a huge task for a single person to tackle alone. He just got to the point where he used a couple of free assets and made them walk on a terrain. There's a mountain of work ahead - JA:F is a live example of that :)))

Report Quote
Syrop 10-09-2014, 15:01 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 13

Quoted Shanga@BP:

Saw this project a while ago, but as the author admits in the forum, this is a huge task for a single person to tackle alone. He just got to the point where he used a couple of free assets and made them walk on a terrain. There's a mountain of work ahead - JA:F is a live example of that :)))

He has made progress since then. He's got basic inventory, UI, body part aiming, single and burst fire among other things working. Clearly, it's no easy task to do by oneself with little Unity experience and little to no time to dedicate to the project, so props to him for trying. There needs to be more exposure to these kinds of games, instead of mindless drivel flying out like shit off a shovel.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 10-09-2014, 15:28 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 388

Yep, he's like the man i wanted to be :) I wish I had the know-how to make my own JA game...heh...

Report Quote
Shadow21 10-09-2014, 18:52 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 64

wow that looks really cool. especially the destruction.

Report Quote
Acid 14-09-2014, 11:07 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 45

FC Should hire him :}, if one man can do that, thats pretty good.

Report Quote
Tmib 14-09-2014, 20:23 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 34

Quoted Acid:

FC Should hire him :}

It's the first thing I was thinking. :D

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines