FORUM

ForumNews and Announcements › Alpha and Update 40 almost good to go...and a New Logo

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JAF Admin 02-04-2014, 11:37 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 252
Alpha and Update 40 almost good to go...and a New Logo

I'm writing here to give you a heads up on what is to come. We will be announcing news on the Alpha, Beta and the Early Access setup we have for the Kickstarter as well as share a Dev Diary with some coverage of the alpha. 

We have decided to create a new logo, more details on that in the Kickstarter update, but I've added it to this post.

Looking forward to sharing the full information tomorrow

I guess this also sheds some light on what's to come :)

Rock Paper Shotgun Interview

GameStar interview (German)

Report Quote
Voyevoda 02-04-2014, 12:28 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 54

Reading about the Alpha is allways a good thing, can't wait for it or any news about it.

Maybe for the Logo you should make a contest. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's a bit "standart", and i like art contests. :P

Report Quote
JAF Admin 02-04-2014, 12:38 CET
Super Administrator

Well..we had loads of eyes on the logo...and you know..too many chefs.. So many different oppinons. 

Report Quote
Voyevoda 02-04-2014, 12:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 54

I thought so, this is what i see when i look at the logo. ^^

Report Quote
Grim 02-04-2014, 14:11 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 58

i'm thrilled! I can't wait to see that dev diary.

Report Quote
Lupercio 02-04-2014, 15:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 15

Sounds good... looking forward to it too!

Report Quote
Shadow21 02-04-2014, 15:30 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 5

the gamestar mentions that the alpha will be released tomorrow is that acurate?

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 02-04-2014, 16:09 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 146

I am slightly confused about the release procedure on Steam. How it's going to work? You're going to email us Steam codes?

Report Quote
JAF Admin 02-04-2014, 16:19 CET
Super Administrator

Yeah, we're going to mail you steam codes...we'll be covering all this in the Kickstarter update tomorrow

Report Quote
EXos 02-04-2014, 19:39 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 44

Quoted JAF Admin :

Yeah, we're going to mail you steam codes...we'll be covering all this in the Kickstarter update tomorrow

For the paypal pledgers too?
I haven't seen a survey yet. Or was that email you send me ages ago about how my pledge was build up the survey? :)

Report Quote
JAF Admin 02-04-2014, 20:13 CET
Super Administrator

Well I went through the paypal list to see who actually has access to the alpha..found out I didn't need to send out surveys to get that info from the pay pallers (more or less) But they do need to go out..as I need info on NPC names, sizes..choice of digital copy ect...just not of pressing matter compared to so much other stuff.  Keep in mind that for paypal I have to set up every little thing manually, so takes quite a while to do..just didn't get to it yet. 

Report Quote
Claudius33 02-04-2014, 21:12 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 7

Great news! I really hope to have some spare time during the week-end.

Report Quote
Flinkster 02-04-2014, 21:20 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 1

What i didn't understand so far is the new opportunity to get access to the alpha. Am i right in the idea that all backers with 25,- $ charge can join the alpha for another 40,- $? And second question: do i have already access with my "boxed order" (65,- $)?

Report Quote
nakano 02-04-2014, 21:48 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 42

You don't have access to alpha or beta unless things have changed. Early Access wasn't either a part of boxed copy. During kickstarter it referred to "min 1 week before release". I am personally a little confused with terms Early Access, Steam Early Access and Beta. Beta was sold separately for $20 for tiers of $25-$65. I guess beta = Steam Early Access at least.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 02-04-2014, 22:29 CET
Super Administrator

All will be clarified in the KS update tomorrow

Report Quote
Johnny Tran 02-04-2014, 23:01 CET
Pledger

Hi guys,

just finished reading both interviews. Sounds like music to my ears, you're doing a great job. I also like your style, I think it's a huge improvement over your first diorama screenshots. Keep it coming!

Report Quote
Shadow86 03-04-2014, 01:11 CET

Keep up the great work guys! I´m very excited how good the alpha will be.

Couldn´t pledge but i promoted your game in every possible way (many many Forums etc.), becauce i think you take this job serious and you hear what the fans want.

So i hope that you will create the first really good Jagged Alliance since JA2.

Report Quote
gdalf 03-04-2014, 02:05 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 55

Really looking forward to this!

One thing about the interview... no plans yet for day/night cycles?  Am I to understand it will be day only?  That will be a massive let down from JA2 mechanics if so...

Report Quote
Hyrax 03-04-2014, 08:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 81

Quoted gdalf:

Really looking forward to this!

One thing about the interview... no plans yet for day/night cycles?  Am I to understand it will be day only?  That will be a massive let down from JA2 mechanics if so...

I agree, day/night cycles is a must have. This is troubling unless it is meant that it is not in the playable alpha and it will be still included in the end game

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 03-04-2014, 11:44 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 146

I read nothing about day/night as a stretch goal on KS. If it was, be sure it would've been a hell of drive to get them in. But they weren't listed as a goal since they're core-JA2.

Having daylight battles only would nerf the hell out of the entire concept. Hope Thomas was honestly not remembering what's with them.

Report Quote
RunsnbunsN 03-04-2014, 13:03 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2

hey.

Reading this makes me a bit worried..

Gearing your mercs for day/night attacks and planning the day so you arrive at a certain time in the enemy sector was one of the core elements in JA2.

I don't care much if the graphics aren't good at night, but at least the combat mechanics should be (completely) different. 

Report Quote
gdalf 03-04-2014, 14:35 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 55

I always attacked at night for all my combat in JA2... playing a day-only JAF would not even feel like the same game for me!

Report Quote
Nekator 03-04-2014, 15:46 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

There where even special skills for night attacks etc...

also the scenario change doesnt really make me happy.. it was an interesting new take from the standard dictator isle, which we now get once more... at least i hope the different sides we can work for are still in ...

Report Quote
nakano 03-04-2014, 18:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 42

Night battles, night gadgets (e.g. night vision) and throwable light items are certainly part of the full JA2 experience. It's part of tactics and affects how far mercs can see. Throwable lights are my favorite one item which I remember the best. I understand if there aren't movable light objects (like lighthouse), but only static light streams. I also wouldn't worry too much about the lower-end machines. Of course it also might be a business-related decision (porting). Anyway here are a few screenshots of JA2 night battle. Even without a light souce the player is able to see (It's not all black. Mercs just don't see as far if there would be a light source):

- Merc that sees an enemy

- Merc that doesn't, but can shoot the enemy

I don't mind the setting change if the story is enjoyable and not exactly like JA2-copy again. I have noticed things may change after Kickstarter (for example a sculpt change comes into mind. I liked how it was sculpted before, but the current is probably ok too; to be honest not as great). Changes are sometimes annoying; sometimes for the better. Can't say yet which is it.

Report Quote
Fretsie 03-04-2014, 23:26 CET
Pledger

The new logo looks very nice to me. Also, the game is looking promising so far. Good work folks!

Report Quote
Gomisan 04-04-2014, 08:10 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 11

So if we use the store to upgrade to Alpha, how long until we can expect to get a key?

Report Quote
Thomas Lund 04-04-2014, 09:03 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 4

We are located in Denmark - so CET timezone.

Purchasing the alpha add-on will be processed ASAP during normal office hours. Sometimes that means evenings and weekends too, but thats because some of us love our work a little too much :-)

Report Quote
Lemur80 04-04-2014, 19:09 CET
Pledger

Please don't forget about paypal backers.

Report Quote
CanadianMike 04-04-2014, 22:46 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 33

JAF Alpha is already better than JA:BIA :D

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 1758 posts, in a total of 191 threads.

Number of Threads: 191
Number of Posts: 1758

Latest posts:

What can we test? by Shanga@BP

Beer for the crew by Shanga@BP

YouTube copyright claim when using ingame sound - FC, please respond by Chris K

Holding the Weapon - Animation by LOEweNz@Hn

Can't end turn bug by Woody

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines