FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › About the imp test and a way to include it into the game.

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Shadow21 17-05-2014, 17:35 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 69
About the imp test and a way to include it into the game.

after playing the EA for some time it got me thinking how to include imp test without it feeling tacked on:

how about after a certain point in the story the CIA-agent character "talks" to an npc. this conversation should revolve around who the agent is what he did before etc. . the conversation would determine the traits/skills/perks of the IMP and at the end of the conversation the agent chooses his "face" and removes the mask he was wearing up to that point.

what do you guys think?

Report Quote
Björn 17-05-2014, 18:05 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 29

Let's say that we have already an idea what to do with the IMP ;-)

Report Quote
Radio 17-05-2014, 18:13 CET

Total Posts: 3
I Like It

Sounds great. I really like that idea. I'm not familiar with IMP. I guess I can get most of its meaning from your context, but what does it stand for? Initial merc player? lol idk. Is the CIA-agent set to be a permanent feature of the final game, as a player-defined character?

Personally, I wouldn't mind just setting those options as soon as I begin a new campaign, but using your idea wouldn't irk me at all, especially if it's done well and other players prefer it your way.

Report Quote
Shadow21 17-05-2014, 18:16 CET
Pledger

IMP stems from ja2 it stands for Institute for Merc Profiling wich was used in ja2 to allow the creation of a player character. in short it stands for a player generated merc in order to allow the player to be IN the game instead of just commanding mercs.

Report Quote
Radio 17-05-2014, 18:34 CET

Thanks!

Report Quote
Shadow21 18-05-2014, 15:06 CET
Pledger

Quoted Radio:

Thanks!

you are welcome :D

Report Quote
Ice 18-06-2014, 13:53 CET

I'd say copy cat the JA2 IMP system and implement it into JAF. All we need is adding some more potraits and voices since you only had 3 to choose from in JA2.

And since all man potraits looked kinda geeky i always created a female IMP ^^

Anyways, at least put enough HUMOR in and sent a profile back describing the type of player you created.

Such a thrill!

Report Quote
Loki 18-06-2014, 15:27 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 149

yes it should be like ja2

Report Quote
Maalstroom 18-06-2014, 15:36 CET

Total Posts: 6

Add the old imp portraits too. please i liked all of them.

Report Quote
Wigen 18-06-2014, 15:48 CET

Total Posts: 32

@JAF Admin

You have a current list of mercenaries? (A.I.M, R.P.C., etc.)

Report Quote
Loki 18-06-2014, 17:33 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 149

Quoted Wigen:

@JAF Admin

You have a current list of mercenaries? (A.I.M, R.P.C., etc.)

would be nice

Report Quote
Grim 19-06-2014, 10:22 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 168

It would be logical, in that context, to have a CIA file, and maybe to prompt the player for answers through an interview or filling the file.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 19-06-2014, 11:09 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 665

We did make a mercenary list back during the Kickstarter: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback/posts/484570

It's not a final list..and the list has been discussed inthe forusm before. 

Report Quote
HandJammer 03-08-2014, 05:47 CET

Total Posts: 8

Quoted Björn:

Let's say that we have already an idea what to do with the IMP ;-)

Like what? Aside from being coy, at least you didn't say "hur, we streamlined it."

Report Quote
JAF Admin 05-08-2014, 11:44 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 665

Well the plan is to make it in the same style as the old one, but not much fun in revealing other info than that. Such questions can be asked in many ways and at many odd locations. 

Report Quote
Grim 05-08-2014, 14:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 168

I wanted to make a mod concerning IMP creation, but starting sector would need to be set elsewhere, and the IMP transported to B12 afterwards.

Much like what Shadow21 exposed, I had in mind to make an interview between the CIA agent and some kind of CIA officer before the mission, where he would be interrogated about his past, his qualities and weak points (directly or with more subtle dialogue). The abswers would give exp in attributes and skills.Then he could have a briefing about the mission, meet the strike team, and take the chopper.

There are different ways to build the "IMP". He is a CIA agent, this offers new ways to do it though restricts the frame too.  A CIA dossier seemed quite obvious to me, but Andreas' answer intrigues me. They may build the IMP over time or ask the questions in other circonstances after all.

Report Quote
gdalf 13-08-2014, 10:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 100

I'd like to see a fan-made portrait contest :)
Report Quote
Hyrax 13-08-2014, 20:32 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 186

Quoted gdalf:
I'd like to see a fan-made portrait contest :)

Would be cool if IMP and new mercs portraits are selected from the backers who send in their mugshots. Not so great idea, but would be cool.

Report Quote
Ghost 25-09-2014, 11:09 CET

Total Posts: 2

Hello guys.

I think that "Agent 047" is the player character and we will fill in the gaps in the characters name, callsign, stats and history in a manner as it was done in the JA 2 IMPersonality test. Just give us a little more freedom with the perks/traits/special skills because most of the 1.13 familiy of mods went in that direction.

Thank you.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Statistics

There are a total of 4801 posts, in a total of 419 threads.

Number of Threads: 419
Number of Posts: 4801

Latest posts:

New Build on Alpha Branch 0.9.0-b2-10217 by JAF Admin

Prepare for a disappointment by Shanga@BP

high caliber 7.62 by GoodKnight

What can we do to help? by Shanga@BP

The not so bad thread :D by Django

How will updates be available for the humble bundle version of the game? by iiiVaLOiii

Update 48: Final Countdown + Dev Diary 5 by JAF Admin

How to heal mercs? by GoodKnight

Build 0.9.0-b2-10217 Now live on Early Access + additional info by Shanga@BP

The JA:Flashback Mega Stream - 10 hours of (almost) end to end gameplay by Oboli

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines