FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Let's Play JA: Flashback 1.0.4! With dev commentary - NOW!

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Archo 26-10-2014, 16:03 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 360
Let's Play JA: Flashback 1.0.4! With dev commentary - NOW!

http://www.twitch.tv/shanga_bp

Report Quote
JAF Admin 26-10-2014, 17:15 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 724

Forgot to add it here, thanks Archo :) 

Report Quote
Archo 26-10-2014, 17:39 CET
Pledger

:)

Report Quote
gdalf 26-10-2014, 18:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 116

Thanks!

Report Quote
Mad Squ 26-10-2014, 18:41 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 19

Interesting piece so far. Especially the part where you were discussing costs abotu developing and such.

But bro, your thing about Star Citizen and Elite was out of place... You just cannot compare those 2 games as they are trying to be something completely different. So better keep this out of the discussion.

Other than that as I said. Nice to see this is done. Thanks that you guys took your time to connect with the backers.

Report Quote
Archo 26-10-2014, 19:31 CET
Pledger

As Shanga said, sometimes the explanation why a feature is not in is all we need. Otherwise we moan that it is not in. And they did a great job answering these questions. But for the question "why can't we shoot anywhere in realtime" (but now we can with grenades) -> they forget the argument. Would still like to know. :) Have a nice evening, great event!

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 26-10-2014, 20:34 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 713

@Archo - Thomas said it's just disabled, they had it on during development, then created some issues and they disabled it and then never really re-enabled it. Issues or not, I'd like to have that at least in GameSettings.json for testing if not for the general public. Many thanks for pointing people to the stream, btw...hope you enjoyed it.

@Mad Squ - it's live streaming, sometimes you make sense, sometimes you don't. I am not a seasoned entertainer with a script, just a player like anyone else who happens to run a community and can get info easier. Not planning to make a career streaming on Twitch, either...

Report Quote
Blankuestra 26-10-2014, 21:45 CET

Total Posts: 16

Is the stream available anywere?

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 26-10-2014, 21:51 CET
Pledger

Quoted Blankuestra:

Is the stream available anywere?

The stream has ended for today. It's recorded on Twitch, but you don't want to watch it there... 

I'll start working on making Highlights out of it asap, but it's a lot of material to go through. Once that's done I'll upload the highlights to my Youtube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShangaBP

Probably tomorrow everything should be up there.

Report Quote
Mad Squ 27-10-2014, 15:43 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 19

Quoted Shanga@BP:

@Mad Squ - it's live streaming, sometimes you make sense, sometimes you don't. I am not a seasoned entertainer with a script, just a player like anyone else who happens to run a community and can get info easier. Not planning to make a career streaming on Twitch, either...

Well, I think you all mayde quite a good show out of it after all. And I think you are getting way too less credit for that as well. So far you and 3 or 4 other guys are running this forum almost by themselves...

So no offence meant but talking about costs for developping and the obstacles and that people often don´t get whats behind the scene and then saying Star Citizen is a pretty website for selling costly ships - well, that didn´t relate to me.

But anyways this is not the point of this forum and I liked your stream. 

Right now there are only 10 Minutes of it on your youtube if I am not mistaken. I am looking forward to the rest of it as I was not able to keep on watching.

Report Quote
BiGMaTT 27-10-2014, 17:56 CET

Total Posts: 10

Thanks for the stream. I like the honesty and openness of devs. One observation I had recently about a point raised couple of times on the stream - the abrupt start of campaign, no real intro etc and too dumb-down mechanics at the beginning (AI) that put off a lot of folks that then gave a bad review on Steam:

I have also noticed that there is something missing at the beginning... right before I discovered the tutorial! My advice would be to force it on new users (like with an option to skip) as it not only tells you how to play - it showcases all the mechanics, lets you play with very well balanced mercs (no bad IMP decision issue) and also is a great intro to the story.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 18:28 CET
Pledger

@BigMatt - Thank God it's not the combat part that's lacking and instead there's stuff like graphics and UI and voices. Cause on these aspects we have a lot of people in the community who can help, but trust an old modder...getting a coder to write in his spare time a new AI code or entire CtH and weapons system.... much much harder as a modding project.

@Mad Squ - yea, that came out bad. Btw, I am a KS supporter of both. So I am eagerly waiting for both E:D and SC to come out. I am just more impressed what Braben did with the much lower funding, not criticising C. Roberts for his amazing management skills. Good for him. I can only wish SC is 10x times large than Elite when it comes out and I need to completely retreat out of social life to play both.

Thanks everyone for the nice words.

Today I'll edit more highlights and upload to youtube. 

Report Quote
Blankuestra 28-10-2014, 02:15 CET

Total Posts: 16

Shanga, u the man ;) Thanks

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines