FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Russian Community Orderly Office

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Lion 27-10-2014, 18:14 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 13
Russian Community Orderly Office

Hellow!

Russian Jagged Alliance Community based on www.ja2.su send me to present our society here. You visited us during the kickstarter company. Now I pay you a visit back.

We play JA:Flashback without the localization now and we have impressions from the game. Some of us do not speak English well enough, so I am the man who will translate messages from our forum to you and your message (if you have any) to Russian JA fans.

Personally, I like the game but others are not so enthusiastic. We decided to write you only  constructive critics. We have prepared a wishlist of things, which we'd like to see in the game and which, in our opinion, will make this game a bit or much better.

I think, you've already heard some of these ideas, but I'll present you the hole list. Hope, you'll find it useful.

Russian community wishlist part 1:

The things, you've already promised
1) Shopkeepers interface
2) Attachments
a) People want to see more then 1 attach on the gun together
b) We see displaying of weapons and clothes in tactics, so we are interested if it's possible to display attachments on the weapon models which are in soldiers hands too.

Interface and management.
3) Changing of the cursor to normal type while entering the game menu. Now there might be aiming cursor in the menu. That's extremely uncomfortable.
4) Hotkey for rotation in tactics. We all cry about "L" key from JA2.
5) To make elements of the interface of the strategic map larger. Now they are to small and not very userfriendly. Maybe, there is another way to make this interface more comfortable for the players. Please, think about this.
6) Fast save and fast load with hotkeys.
7) Game History Log to place quests in this History instead of placing them on the screen. Four quests occupy too much space on the screen.

Tactics:
8 ) Saving tactical position of the mercs in sector. It's not comfortable if you use strategic map and, when you return to the sector, mercs are in the sector's entrance again. It might be very bad, especially, if you are waiting enemy squad in the sector.
9) Saving camera position and orientation in the saved game.
10) To make reload animation a bit faster. It makes some players sad by it's speed.
11) To make Vicky wounded. She is in prison. Lilu prison. And her health is on it's maximum. That's strange.
12) Using bandage in JA1 and JA2 way. From hands. On any character. Not all bandage to 1XP wound.
13) Ability to shoot wherever we want, not only to enemies. We want to train strength like Rocky, striking caws. It was JA2 classics. (If you'll make special dead caws like Rocky's punching bag it'll be good too, but it's really unnecessary)
14) We want to open and close doors.
15) It'll be good to have locked doors and containers with loot. We like lockminster kits. We like crowbars too. We like kill enemies with crowbars. Keys also might be good.
16) Using roofs and other heights (boxes, stones) will be great.
17) Swimming and jumping over small fences will make the most disappointed and captious players happy.
18) Some very avid guys would like to see All Drop option in the game.

Strategy:
19) War fog on the strategic map. It's too easy when you see all enemies squads on the island.
20) When you hire new mercs by phone (not in tactics) it looks unrealistic when theyteleportate to your team.
21) Mercs should take part in autoresolve.

22) We'd like to see Queen Deidranna's creatures too. (Don't worry. That's a joke)

My English isn't too good. So if you have any questions, I'll be happy to clear up any misunderstanding. I'll be glad to have any answer to our community from you too.

Best wishes,
Lion

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 27-10-2014, 18:32 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 716

Andreas/Thomas and Lion, you guys should exchange emails and talk about proofreading the RU version once he agency is done with it. Lion is the guy I was talking about on Twitch last night (but I think you know about him already, since he introduced you to RU forums). A lot of experience with translating JA2 mods from RU to EN. So from EN to RU would be even easier.

Report Quote
Grim 27-10-2014, 18:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

18) An option could be useful (pointing to a different ItemGroups.json maybe). In the meantime, you can change the values in the file to make all enemies drop all their equiped stuff, or try the file i already did : https://www.dropbox.com/s/615m1bkybktss8u/ItemGroups.zip?dl=0

It included drop all for all equiped armor (head, torso, legs) and weapon. Enemies will have less chance to have armor too. No modifications to other drops and containers.

20) I do agree. However, when you take important sectors like badilla and recruit for a new squad, you have the choice to send them there. At game start, why not sending them to the sector C12, which has little purpose other than that, and pretending there is a secret meeting point or something.

Report Quote
Lion 27-10-2014, 20:18 CET
Pledger

@Shanga You know, how to make people interested. What did you tell them about me? I don't have 5 hours to look through all the Twitch.

Really I translated from RU to EN not too much. (You are too kind and makes my achievements large then they really are) I had to translate from EN to RU much more. We translated a lot of text while making Metavira modification to JA2, cause there was no Russian version of Jagged Alliance 1. I have to translate to RU for my work too, as people all over the world use English, not Russian.

@Andreas & Thomas I think, it's possible to help a bit. At least one more man can join the process (he has JA translating experience too). So we can discuss this. I consider you already have my email. Or should I send it to you?

@Grim Thank you. I'll tell our guys about your file. As for me, I like to play with small amount of items. I like JA1 item politics. And I like to spend (and to have) not to many items in JA2. So, I occupied Lilu Prison without a single shot. Bull killed all the enemies in melee combat.

Report Quote
Grim 27-10-2014, 21:33 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

Yes, in that regard, drop all gives you a lot of stuff. This can be overwhelming and overpowered. Let all be warned.

Report Quote
Lion 27-10-2014, 21:57 CET
Pledger

In my opinion, as we have an opportunity to change some stuff, everyone can receive whatever he wants. It'll make the game only better.

I like when I have few ammo, armour and guns. But really I'd like to have more grenades at the beginning. It was so interesting, how we can ruin houses, but I had no grenades for a long time. Now I have one and have seen how Shanga destroys houses. :)

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 28-10-2014, 00:00 CET
Pledger

I told them you're the real Ivan and you are angry they made your fur cap look very bad in game...

:)))))

PS: Just  told them about your post about RU reception (that players hate not being able to play localized version). Thomas said they would love to have the agency texts proof-read by someone who plays the game. I said you can point them to the right people.

Report Quote
Lion 28-10-2014, 06:24 CET
Pledger

@Shanga :) We are not so angry about the localization. We know it'll be done one day. Some gameplay thing are more interesting for us, so I even didn't mention the localized version in the wishlist.

P.S. In one of our mods was a joke about Ivan's reaction when somebody have made fur caps with improper stars. It was in Shady Job, as I remember.

Report Quote
Lion 06-11-2014, 18:27 CET
Pledger

@JA:F Team Do you need any help with Russian translation?

Have you read this topic? I hope, yes.

So, a bit more unpleasant things:

23) Do you know about reward for quest with flowers which is possible to receive twice?

24) What about reducing of action points after getting hit while interrupt mode? I'm not sure, but enemies do not lose AP after 3 wounds per interrupt. (it's easy to fix in json)

25) Are there any plans about reducing trees tops option? It might be useful in some sectors.

26) We'd like to have faces.

27) Doctor Q. has rather strange skin color. In my opinion, it doesn't look realistic.

28) Turn based mode better to finish after the end of enemies turn but not after mercs first movement.

Best wishes,

Lion

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-11-2014, 19:45 CET
Pledger

Lion - they have an agency who does the translations, but they said your input is welcome where you feel the agency screwed up. Guess once RU translation is ready you can edit the JSONs directly and send them to the team by email or link them here.

Report Quote
Lion 07-11-2014, 03:21 CET
Pledger

@Shanga Thank you.

Have you ever heard about an approximate date of the Russian version?

Report Quote
Lion 12-11-2014, 22:14 CET
Pledger

29) TNT or other kinds ofexplosion would be great.

30) It's a good idea to pause game when all militia in sector is trained, mercs are healed etc.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines