FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Where are the shops???

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Florn 08-11-2014, 02:23 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 18
Where are the shops???

Yeah I'm totally bored to search the shops, was it smart to change their place and why the hell hide them that much and that nobody in towns give clues on where they are???

WTH is that design? I'd be curious to have just one argue, well ok I don't care, just need a huge spoiler of where are all the shops. I already spend hours search them once, I don't do it again at each update of the game. :-(

Report Quote
Florn 08-11-2014, 02:27 CET
Pledger

Ok going rate down this game until I get a list from devs.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 08-11-2014, 02:38 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 863

Set one of your mercs vision to 100 (Units.json) and view angle to 90 (GameRulesSettings.json) and enter any city sector you want to search.

Bingo, you see EVERYTHING on the map.

No need to search anymore.

Report Quote
Sooner 08-11-2014, 02:39 CET

Total Posts: 10

The shop in Badilla is where it has always been, the NPC has just been moved inside the building doors.  A little bit of searching in each town was always required in every JA game.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 08-11-2014, 02:48 CET
Pledger

Quoted Sooner:

The shop in Badilla is where it has always been, the NPC has just been moved inside the building doors.  A little bit of searching in each town was always required in every JA game.

Lol, I hope he's not asking for the Badilla shop... cause not only the NPC was moved inside, they built a freaking SHOP for him with a sign, ammo crates, counter and all... If that's not freaking obvious, dunno what is.

Maybe he can't find the others, in Marino or Tio. 

Report Quote
Archo 08-11-2014, 05:57 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 380
Where are the shops?

There is even no twisted quest to getvtobthevdealer like we had with Toni. Sorry need to adjust thread title.

Report Quote
adityas 09-11-2014, 02:00 CET

Total Posts: 15

There are n shops. Only dealer in Badilla with text lists of his goods.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 09-11-2014, 12:58 CET
Pledger

There's a gun dealer in Badilla, near docks.

There are also dealers that sell medical supplies, repair kits and more advanced weapons/ammo/gear in Marino and Tio. 

Find them, it's part of the damn RPG element everyone bitches it's lacking...

Report Quote
adityas 10-11-2014, 01:04 CET

Total Posts: 15

Quoted Shanga@BP:

There are also dealers that sell medical supplies, repair kits and more advanced weapons/ammo/gear in Marino and Tio. 

No fun at all if you choose goods only from their names. No image no spec.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 10-11-2014, 14:25 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 757

Shop is currently being update to have that. 

Report Quote
Archo 10-11-2014, 21:42 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 380

Quoted JAF Admin :

Shop is currently being update to have that. 

Hope You add the status bar for item status so I know I buy rubbish weapons ;)

Report Quote
Django 10-11-2014, 21:46 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

And i hope there will be some rubbish or broken items in the shops because it would add more depth. Its arms dealers in a warzone we are talking about. They have to sell what they can get their hands on.

Report Quote
Florn 22-11-2014, 12:37 CET
Pledger

Quoted Shanga@BP:

Set one of your mercs vision to 100 (Units.json) and view angle to 90 (GameRulesSettings.json) and enter any city sector you want to search.

Bingo, you see EVERYTHING on the map.

No need to search anymore.

Mmm I think I'll cheat that way, not sure, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll pick a mercenary I don't like for combats. Well I suppose I know the game fully now until some changes hide some stuff :-) or add new stuff.

Report Quote
Florn 22-11-2014, 12:41 CET
Pledger

Quoted Shanga@BP:
Quoted Sooner:

Lol, I hope he's not asking for the Badilla shop... cause not only the NPC was moved inside, they built a freaking SHOP for him with a sign, ammo crates, counter and all... If that's not freaking obvious, dunno what is.

Maybe he can't find the others, in Marino or Tio. 

Yeah the Badilla shop is very well done because of three reasons. A NPC will mention it. A major NPC you have to check is very close to it. Its weapons aspect is hidden in front but hinted in back that player can see through walls.

Tio shop is farily done because visually it's a huge clue of its function.

Marino shop was awfully done, perhaps now his positon is a bit better.

Report Quote
Florn 22-11-2014, 12:49 CET
Pledger

Quoted Shanga@BP:

For me JA2 is weak RPG so you can imagine what I think of JAF. :-)

The spot containers gameplay of JAF is the only RPG gameplay element quite well done, much better than in JA2, and much better than in most RPG released the past 10 or even 15 years. Everything else is meh. Ok I find items great for weapons, fair for armors, low quality for other items but perhaps in part the fault of mercenay inventory too small for the misc items. And for inventory I find its design quite good with the exception of two points, global inventory should have 4 rows and two more tabs, one for grenades, and one for kits med/repair/bandage/pure healing dose. And mercenary inventory should have some more slots dedicated to misc items.

Report Quote
Florn 22-11-2014, 12:52 CET
Pledger

Quoted Django:

And i hope there will be some rubbish or broken items in the shops because it would add more depth. Its arms dealers in a warzone we are talking about. They have to sell what they can get their hands on.

They added ton of bizarre junk so I suppose you are pleased, myself I found it weird and I bet will felt it as a little pointless but just tedious when sells will be allowed. I bet the game will have troubles to manage well the seels of junks, and quest items and other items.

When you come from a game like Divinity Original Sin where any junk has a use it's bizarre to get back in a game using pointless junk.

EDIT: Use junk to add some lore isn't pointless, lore is useful, that's the only exception of junk that is useful despite it has to concrete use.

Report Quote
Florn 26-11-2014, 01:48 CET
Pledger

Quoted Florn:

....I bet the game will have troubles to manage well the seels of junks, and quest items and other items.

Ha ha, wrong bet, they managed special items you can't sell, and miss click by allowing buy back an item sold like by errror. :-)

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines