FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Very happy... FC is keeping their word

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

JayM 01-02-2015, 22:36 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 68
Very happy... FC is keeping their word

I finally got around to playing the latest JAF build and I'm very happy that FC keeps developing the game. Like many people I was appalled the initially released version but now we can see the backbone for what's possible and already have an enjoyable game - just a few glitches and minor things to iron out. Already looking forward to the modders working their magic!

Two questions though:

Where can I buy bandages? I already conquered Badilla and Marino but I am out of bandages. The two gunshops in these cities only sell... well, guns. I already used up all the ones I could loot...

Is there still no way to flee a sector when the enemy attacks? E.g. you have a merc training militia, enemy attacks, militia is dead - you need to get out of there asap. Like in JA2 when you just walked to the edge of a map.

Report Quote
Django 02-02-2015, 09:56 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

"Where can I buy bandages?" The medical Shop in G8 Krasnodar sells bandages and all other medical equipment. There is a mod from Shanga which shows the shops on the strategic Map.

"Is there still no way to flee a sector when the enemy attacks?" No, none that i know of. Place your Hitsquod in the next sector until the militia is trained. Intercept the enemy in some way.

Report Quote
JayM 02-02-2015, 10:35 CET
Pledger

Thanks Django - I haven't gotten to Krasnodar yet. I already got Shanga's mods. The strategic map doesn't show city names etc clearly, that should be fixed. And you can't move several squads at the same time - actually, sometimes it is beyond me why the clock suddenly starts to run without me actively unstopping time. That also needs to be fixed, just like being able to flee from battles.

Report Quote
Django 02-02-2015, 11:48 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 113

Agreed, that and the remaining Bugs should be addressed.

But dont get youre hopes up. Since most of the devs got fired because the game didnt sell  and FC has to take care now for printing and shipment what originally (if this information is correct) the guys from bit composer should have done (the bc that went bankrupt) we probably have to wait a bit longer to get another patch.

Edit: Is Jagged Alliance dangerous?

Sirtech: Bankrupt 2003

Topware (German Publisher for JA2): Insolvent 2001 (and then newfoundet)

Jowood (Publisher for Unfinished Business): almost Insolvent in 2002 and Insolvent 2011

Strategy First (Publisher for Wildfire 2004[US]): bankrupt in 2004

Bit Composer (Publisher for BiA and JAO 2012): bankrupt 2014

Ok the real reason is probably that game development is a hard business and a lot non-JA Companies also went bankrupt and some JA related ones didnt but its more fun to see JA to have some Bad Mojo because of a voodoo curse.
So be careful FC.

Report Quote
JayM 02-02-2015, 18:54 CET
Pledger

I didn't realise that most of the devs got fired, very sorry for them! That also means that FC seems to be in a financial dire strait and JAF won't have any priority for them. Maybe they can sell on the license to raise cash and find another studio to finish/polish the game.

That is also a real shame for the game itself, as there are still a lot of issues that need to be adressed. I am no programmer but I don't think they are major. Just sort out stuff like a proper pause/play system in the strategic map etc. Roofs and doors are much wanted but the game works fine without them too.

A weight/energy system is probably the most important big issue that is missing.

One thing I wondered though - lots of weapons have full attachments in their description but I still can attach stuff... I suppose that is just old item descriptions that has no effect on the game?

Report Quote
nakano 02-02-2015, 19:04 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 158

Quoted JayM:

Maybe they can sell on the license to raise cash and find another studio to finish/polish the game.

Full Control doesn't own the license. It's also unknown what is going to happen to Jagged Alliance franchise in the future as the license owner bitComposer filed for bankruptcy. This probably means not a new official Jagged Alliance game for a while or ever(?). It's a very demanding license with all the expectations the name brings.

Report Quote
JayM 02-02-2015, 19:24 CET
Pledger

I'm aware off bitcomposer going belly up. I actually meant FC could sell on the licensing RIGHTS or sublease them - but yeah with the license owner being bankrupt this might be problematic...

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines