FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Drop all items

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

CapieLuky 23-10-2014, 17:37 CET

Total Posts: 4
Drop all items

Hi,

is it here some option, change etc. that enemy drop all gear, ammo, weapons ?

Report Quote
Grim 23-10-2014, 18:28 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

The drops are managed by the file ItemGroups.json. I changed it so all enemies drop all armor and weapons they wear : https://www.dropbox.com/s/615m1bkybktss8u/ItemGroups.zip?dl=0

Just save the original file somewhere (elsewhere than in the game's files), and replace it by that one. Beware that you'll be crawling under loot. In the end, i'd like to change the chance of enemies to have armors and weapons, they have too much right now and therefore drop too much. I'd like to make good stuff more rare too.

Another warning, i just saw that there was a patch this afternoon, dunno if it changed anything about this, it might be problematic.

Report Quote
Roman 23-10-2014, 18:37 CET
Administrator

Total Posts: 111

Hey,

ItemGroups.json should not be affected by the recent updates, however please save the original one in case that it breaks your savegame.

Cheers,

Roman

Report Quote
CapieLuky 23-10-2014, 22:25 CET

Hi,
Thanks, work good but had issue. The seller from Badilla dont have text in text ballons. 

Report Quote
Grim 23-10-2014, 23:32 CET
Pledger

ItemGroups.json doesn't have anything to do with vendors' inventory as far as i know.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 23-10-2014, 23:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 797

Nope, shopkeers have separate Dialogue files. Maybe they changed something there in latest patch. In my game though they work fine.

PS: Randomly the shopkeer does run out of inventory. Happened to me, I thought it was a feature not a bug.

Report Quote
CapieLuky 24-10-2014, 11:10 CET

I tried to recover files and start the game again (on saved games dont affect by changes) with no desirable results. After game reinstall everything works ok but after using itemsgroup.json file (archive original file, delete original file, put the new file into dir)- same issue  

Report Quote
Grim 24-10-2014, 11:20 CET
Pledger

Strange. Thanks for the feedback, i'll check the file for any buggy change.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 24-10-2014, 11:49 CET
Pledger

I did notice 1.0.3 changed the item and weapon files. Description is gone and has been replaced by a line of code/placeholder saying      

"Description": "ITEMS_WEAPONS_M16_DESCRIPTION",

PS: When yo do a reinstall from Steam, make sure you delete the entire folder by hand from Steam Library, otherwise the Steam client will leave old files hanging around. I had issues with that post-launch. Only a totally clean install fixed the game.

Report Quote
Grim 24-10-2014, 14:00 CET
Pledger

Externalisation reasons, i guess. I still don't see how ItemGroups.json would have any relation to this :(

Report Quote
Andr 25-10-2014, 13:15 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 34

Quoted Grim:

The drops are managed by the file ItemGroups.json. I changed it so all enemies drop all armor and weapons they wear : https://www.dropbox.com/s/615m1bkybktss8u/ItemGroups.zip?dl=0

Just save the original file somewhere (elsewhere than in the game's files), and replace it by that one. Beware that you'll be crawling under loot. In the end, i'd like to change the chance of enemies to have armors and weapons, they have too much right now and therefore drop too much. I'd like to make good stuff more rare too.

Another warning, i just saw that there was a patch this afternoon, dunno if it changed anything about this, it might be problematic.

Thanks a lot! This file solved some problems

I hated the fact to fight off an enemy squad with superior weapons and then just get a few rounds of ammo as a reward.

Report Quote
Sooner 25-10-2014, 14:43 CET

Total Posts: 10

Quoted Shanga@BP:

I did notice 1.0.3 changed the item and weapon files. Description is gone and has been replaced by a line of code/placeholder saying      

"Description": "ITEMS_WEAPONS_M16_DESCRIPTION",

PS: When yo do a reinstall from Steam, make sure you delete the entire folder by hand from Steam Library, otherwise the Steam client will leave old files hanging around. I had issues with that post-launch. Only a totally clean install fixed the game.

Looks like this has to do with the localization.  Now in the Localization folders are the item descriptions and a lot of other things broken down into the different languages. 

Guess I need to rework the weapon editor to take this file into account now huh. 

Report Quote
Grim 25-10-2014, 15:39 CET
Pledger

I've updated the file, editing the latest version's ItemGroups.json.

I changed the enemy equipment too, their chance to have armor (head, torso, legs) is reduced roughly by a flat 20% minimum (light, medium and heavy are all concerned).

Report Quote
Andr 28-11-2014, 20:09 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 34

Does Version 1.0.6 require a new version of ItemGroups.json ?

Report Quote
Ray 28-11-2014, 22:04 CET

Total Posts: 7

Quoted Andr:

Does Version 1.0.6 require a new version of ItemGroups.json ?

Yes, all the shop inventory items with spawn chances have been added there now.

Report Quote
Ghazi 08-12-2014, 10:47 CET

Total Posts: 2
How to change how many items enemy drops

Enemies appear to drop no more than 3 to 5 items.  Is there a way to edit them to drop more? Is there a way to edit the quality of the item dropped (for example, get more items at greater than 50% quality?

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 08-12-2014, 11:17 CET
Pledger

ItemGroups.json has all you need Ghazi. Generic enemy drops are by group, named NPC drops are in their own name.

// Buns
    {
        "id": "Buns_Drop",
        "rangeGroup": "high",
        "items": 
        [
            [ 
                //Buns - drop equipped items
                {
                    "id" : "$armourTorso",
                    "chance": 50
                }
            ],
            [ 
                //Buns - drop equipped items                            
                {
                    "id" : "$equippedWeapon",
                    "chance": 50
                }
            ],
            [ 
                //Buns - drop other items
                {
                    "id" : "Ammo_.44Magnum_Std:1-20",
                    "chance": 20
                }
            ],
        ]
    },

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines