FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Ammo

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

BJ 27-11-2014, 16:43 CET

Total Posts: 3
Ammo

Two problems that I'd like to bring up.

1) As most people who have played this patch have noticed by now, there's a shortage of normal ammo with the change to the vendors (unless you camp them and buyout every day or two) which didn't used to be the case as you could just buy as much ammo as you want and the HP/AP was only from drops. This change more or less forces you to use the other variations of ammo, which isn't a really a bad thing but the problem with this is that only HP ammo is really more useful than normal ammo and really only in the beginning of the game as it falls off quite fast as you face mostly armored enemies. Which leads me to the next problem...

2) AP ammo is, as far as I can tell, completely useless compared to normal ammo? It doesn't do more dmg on armored targets? Is this intentional or just a bug? 

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 27-11-2014, 20:21 CET

Total Posts: 52

Just guessing regarding 2: Maybe it raises the chance for a critical hit? Don't know but I had that feeling, too (no more dmg than normal ammo)
Report Quote
Shanga@BP 28-11-2014, 10:29 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 798

HP ammo should have dmg absorbed a lot by armor so that's where AP is useful. If HP does dmg against heavy armor it means it's a bug somewhere. It is not supposed to do MORE dmg, it's supposed to penetrate armor, where normal and HP shouldn't.

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 03-12-2014, 11:21 CET

Total Posts: 52

I confirm HP ammo used against unprotected areas (head) have heavy impact ;-)

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines