FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Game freezes at Sector I5, Angetta Airport.

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Kangamangus 01-11-2014, 21:43 CET

Total Posts: 13
Game freezes at Sector I5, Angetta Airport.

Guess it's related to the I7 Tio bug in a way, as I had to back track and retake Tio after enemy forces crossing the sea took Tio when I was on my way to Angetta the first time.  I took out the flak cannons at Angetta the first time.  Now I'm back, and at the end of the enemy's first turn, the screen turn white and the game freezes.

Report Quote
Kangamangus 01-11-2014, 21:51 CET

Despite having had the glitch occur 3 times.  I managed to play without the game freezing up.  I had left a broken MPEH-5 on the beach the first visit.  I collected it before combat started this time.  I also managed to make it to the airport before enemy squads had tried to cross the sea, or move into or from Angetta Airport.  Not sure if any of those would have created an issue, just trying to provide as many details as possible about the bugs.

Report Quote
Carbonn 05-11-2014, 02:14 CET

Total Posts: 2

Quoted Kangamangus:

... at the end of the enemy's first turn, the screen turn white and the game freezes.

I have this problem too. It's kinda game breaking for me since all my save games will end up at this point sooner or later. Tried different actions, routes, ... In the end the enemy turn will always crash my game. I'm done with this game I guess ...

Report Quote
Syke 05-11-2014, 13:10 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 9

I also had this problem. For me, the game only froze when another enemy squad was moving towards the sector when my team entered it.

And by the way.. How do you take out the flak cannons? I tried throwing grenades at them but nothing happend?

Edit: Nevermind, realised they took two grenades to go down.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 06-11-2014, 11:06 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 728

Looking into this to see if it's stil an issue in 1.0.5

Report Quote
Camill 06-11-2014, 12:30 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 5

I played again with the old save to get around this problem.

Now I have endless loading screen in H6 :(

Report Quote
Carbonn 06-11-2014, 23:16 CET

Total Posts: 2

I went back to an older savegame. Made sure no enemy squads were on the move when I entered sector I5 .. game still crashes at the first enemy turn. Game = broken.

Report Quote
Mivzi 07-11-2014, 19:39 CET

I also experience the same problem (sector J8). Game hangs on enemy turn. CPU usage of the game is 28% when it happens and "steamapps\common\Jagged Alliance Flashback\game_Data\output_log.txt" is flooded with messages about AI move nodes and ERRORS about D3DDeviceLost.

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
D3Dwindow device not lost anymore
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Sample Positions' - Pass '' shader state not supported
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Sample Positions' - Setting to default shader.
Failed to get pixels of splat texture 

A node present in the AI move nodes where the unit cannot be placed: [WavePathNode: Tile=[29; 63] empty: False; id: 2963, Cost=19, CountCost=8, TransitionCost=2, Wave=8, ParentId=3063]

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49).

Report Quote
JAF Admin 11-11-2014, 14:01 CET
Super Administrator

The enemy turn is fairly slow, which could be the "hang"

not really anythign alarming in the log.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 11-11-2014, 14:04 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted Carbonn:

I went back to an older savegame. Made sure no enemy squads were on the move when I entered sector I5 .. game still crashes at the first enemy turn. Game = broken.

Could be old saves then, but really shouldn't be..hmm

Report Quote
Lion 11-11-2014, 21:00 CET
Pledger

@JAF Admin I think it's soe kind of a general problem, not connecting with sector, cause we've seen such "hangs" in different sectors: airport, two sectors of TIO, Krasnodar and others.

Enemies turn is slow, but you can look through the map and mouve your mouse. When the problems comes - you can't move the mouse at all.

@Players If you have such a problem, please load a game before the entering to the sector and try to fight in any other sector. I had this problem in every sector after the first time. Are you in the similar situation?

Report Quote
Lord Hyperlord 12-11-2014, 12:57 CET

Total Posts: 27

I dodge around the crashes and freezes by not moving my mouse at all during enemy turn. The game crashes (during enemy turn) when:
- mouse is over a corpse
- mouse is over a container
- mouse is moved to the edge of the screen to "move" the camera (using i.e. Q and E doesen't crash the game)

Since I'm aware to those three things I haven't had so many crashes (or freezes) again ...
Sometimes, when new enemys appear, the camera "jumps" a little bit to center the view on that enemy - in some circumstances the mouse will be moved over a corpse then and game freezes. This happens very rarely. If I end my turn, I make sure my cursor is "safe" ;-)

Maybe it helps someone else, too.

Report Quote
Lion 12-11-2014, 17:45 CET
Pledger

@Lord Hyperlord Thank you. That sounds interesting. I'll try again but, as I remember I had some frozes without moving a mouse. It's like that is was in the moments, when mercs heard enemies.

Report Quote
Ray 12-11-2014, 18:49 CET

Good to know about the possible cursor/tooltip issue. I haven't played much yet but also experienced once a freeze during an enemy turn.

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines