FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Space Hulk Ascension Edition

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

BiGMaTT 06-11-2014, 15:59 CET

Total Posts: 10
Space Hulk Ascension Edition

Question to devs:

Buy Space Hulk Ascension Edition (out 12 Nov) = help JA:F to stay alive and have more features added?

Report Quote
Mad Squ 06-11-2014, 16:02 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 21

Good idea, mate!

Same question then for me.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-11-2014, 19:40 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 716

Of course it helps. 

Report Quote
Stardog765 06-11-2014, 23:49 CET

Total Posts: 4

Already bought :)  Love me some Warhammer!

Report Quote
gdalf 07-11-2014, 11:12 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 117

I'm sure it helps, but there's no way to tell FC your priority is still JAF by buying SH:A.  I bought the original Space Hulk at full price just to be nice to FC (I never finished more than 2 or 3 maps), but I won't do that for SH:A unless the reviews say it's really knocked it out of the park.

Report Quote
JAF Admin 07-11-2014, 14:40 CET
Super Administrator

Total Posts: 728

Helps the company of course, so indirectly it will help. Not too sure about all the legal stuff e.g what can SHA money be used for  as I don't know the contracts in detail. 

Report Quote
JAF Admin 07-11-2014, 14:41 CET
Super Administrator

Quoted gdalf:

I'm sure it helps, but there's no way to tell FC your priority is still JAF by buying SH:A.  I bought the original Space Hulk at full price just to be nice to FC (I never finished more than 2 or 3 maps), but I won't do that for SH:A unless the reviews say it's really knocked it out of the park.

A lot of improvements since release, so feel free to give it another spin :) 

Report Quote
Glettkin 07-11-2014, 15:46 CET

Total Posts: 90

I also did take a look at SH...the setting/atmosphere seemed right and beeing a warhammer sympathizer i also thought about buying it. The only thing that disturbed me were the far too slow animations and the short campaign. If they upgraded that im kind of seduced by the dark side^^

edit: But i also wondered...why do these marines wear such a heavy armor (making them extremely slow) when they are dead after one hit anyways?^^ doesn´t make sense...shouldn´t they wear a light space suit instead (allowing for faster movement speed)? But i can accept that...its warhammer right :)

Report Quote
JAF Admin 07-11-2014, 17:32 CET
Super Administrator

We did add faster animations in the options menu...long ago..so your choice :) 

Guess you have to discuss that with the WH40K lore guys ^^

Report Quote
Glettkin 07-11-2014, 19:15 CET

Quoted JAF Admin :

We did add faster animations in the options menu...long ago..so your choice :) 

Guess you have to discuss that with the WH40K lore guys ^^

You did? Well then i maybe watched the wrong walkthroughs^^ (where they didn´t turn fast animations on)

...I will NOT do this... I guess this opinion (and me) would be completely destroyed by them after a second ^^ I want to live.... 

...I now really think of buying SH, you got me there^^ Pat yourself on the back ;)

Report Quote
MadDoc 07-11-2014, 21:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

Well, Warhammer: 40.000 fluff is quite biased. (played 40k and Space Hulk first time in 1997)

If you read Space Marine lore, Terminator Armour is nearly impenetratable, if you take a look into the Tyranid books, genestealers are Über-Close-Combat Organisms.

In the tabletop game, rules are somewhat more detailed, but in the Space Hulk boardgames, the Terminators always fell like flies in close combat. It's more of a game mechanic thing then a lore thing.

Report Quote
Glettkin 07-11-2014, 21:30 CET

@MadDoc

I´ve played warhammer (the old one, not 40k) tabletop with friends. That was about 7 years ago^^...the old warhammer that took place in a middle-age environment. I got a army of 2,5k of dark elves...(I KNOW) everybody hates dark elves but i loved them...i still have those old version of them...(though there are new elves now i can only guess what my old elements are worth^^, [german: Kampfechse, Blutkessel, etc...])

And Yes i know those terminators were a "pain in the ass" for every 40k players. I´ve heared about them^^ Fortunately i never played 40k tabletop against them. And thats because i mentioned that...its a game mechanic that is not equal to the lore or what i´ve heared of.

Btw: i like your avatar xD Its my desktop background^^

Report Quote
MadDoc 07-11-2014, 21:52 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 8

@Glettkin: Thanks. And greetings to a fellow german.

The Jagged Alliance series and the System Shock / Deus Ex / Bioshock games are my all time favourites, hence my Avatar.

What I meant with the viewpoint-specific lore was that in Tyranid fluff, Genestealers have always been able to insta-kill almost everything, including Space Marine Terminators. In Space Marine lore, the Marines are the be-all end-all of Elite Warriors. It is just that Space Marine Fluff is far more popular.

Addtionally, I think the Terminators are not doing especially well in the current edizion of 40k (but Genestealers are neither). Might be wrong, I am more of a collector / converter than a player of 40k. I started with the 2nd ed. 40k Codex "Engel des Todes" for Dark Angels and Blood Angels, but disliked the rather severe rules changes of 3rd ed.

Report Quote
Glettkin 07-11-2014, 22:57 CET

Nice to read about that:) greetz back to a fellow german...i´m not sooooo into the lore and gameplay of warhammer, because i haven´t played the tabletop for 7 years...i´m just telling about what i remember....

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines