FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › JAF SweetFX Preset

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

edgecrusher 06-11-2014, 19:54 CET

Total Posts: 12
JAF SweetFX Preset

hi folks

i created a sweetFX preset for JAF. it alters the saturation, color vibrance, texture sharpness and some other stuff. it also adds a barely noticeable "CRT effect" to the image.

to activate, insert sweetFX into the game folder (where game.exe is located) and replace the sweetfx_settings.txt with the content of my file:

http://1drv.ms/10sZcaY

some before-after-images can be found here. pay attention to the floor textures and the overall color "mood".

http://imgur.com/a/i9AZq#3

feel free to alter the preset to your liking.

have fun!

cheers

Report Quote
Django 06-11-2014, 21:01 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 62

Just from the look at your pictures this looks great. Much sharper and a nice warm mood.

Have to try that out later.

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 06-11-2014, 21:31 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 716

+1 

Posted on Bear's Pit FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/bearspit?ref=hl

Report Quote
Schindi 06-11-2014, 21:31 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2

Looks Great. How can i use your mod on OSX? cant find the file in the steam folder! thanx

Report Quote
edgecrusher 06-11-2014, 22:08 CET

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Not sure if it's usable on OSX though, if i'm not mistaken sweetFX is windows only...

Report Quote
Schindi 07-11-2014, 05:26 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 2

Thanx! Google said it is just available for windows )-: but the pictures looks really good! 

Report Quote
iiiVaLOiii 07-11-2014, 06:07 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 59

yup,

this looks kewl ! Good job : ) 

Report Quote
Archo 07-11-2014, 10:34 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 361

I like the added sharpness and slightly differences very much. Can you also have a version uploaded without the crt effect? I dislike the crt effect already in the strategic map. I don't know which game used this and why a JA title needs this kind of effect!?

Report Quote
Grim 07-11-2014, 10:52 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 247

Quoted Archo:

I like the added sharpness and slightly differences very much. Can you also have a version uploaded without the crt effect? I dislike the crt effect already in the strategic map. I don't know which game used this and why a JA title needs this kind of effect!?

Maybe because every JA game puts the player as a remote coordinator seeing the action from his computer (laptop most of the time). In JA2 it was the "Eniac", in JAF they simulate this with the CRT effect, corned screen angles, and grey/green background.

Report Quote
Archo 07-11-2014, 11:09 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 361

Yes but didn't we get now laptop/computer to hire mercs because of the date? So why then crt in JA:F? It doesn't bother me too much. But loosing sharpness and color is worth it? So I like this patch very much.

Report Quote
edgecrusher 07-11-2014, 11:45 CET

@archo: you can alter the value of #define USE_ADVANCED_CRT from 1 to 0. that turns of the effect. cheers

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines