FORUM

ForumSteam Early Access Feedback › Reviving/Reheal a merc

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Claudius33 19-05-2014, 21:47 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 92
Reviving/Reheal a merc

You can revive or reheal a merc. Agent47 stupidly killed Vicki during my last run. Vicki was crouched behind a crate, Agent 47 was standing behind her, a foe in view. I assumed that he could shoot above her! But the idot shot her in the back killing her instantly :-).

The sector was cleared. So I wondered if we could alter the save. Answer yes we can.

Exit JAF. Look for the hidden folder (see Shanga Quick fix post for how to), under Win 7 :

C:\Users\...\AppData\LocalLow\Full Control\Jagged Alliance Flashback

You find interesting JSON files, especially Worlds.JSON. Load it in a text editor (not Word), I personally like Notepad++ very much, Notepad should do. Look for the merc name, for instance 'Victoria', use the firstname not the nickname :

"Victoria_Waters": {
      "UnitId": "Victoria_Waters",
      "SquadID": 2,
      "Hp": 75,
      "Items": [
        "AK47",
        "Kevlar_Vest",
        "M16"
      ],
      "Level": 1,
      "IsAlive": true,
      "Experience": {
        "statsExperience": {
          "Marksmanship": 10,
          "Medicine": 0,
          "Mechanical": 0,
          "Explosives": 0,
          "Stealth": 0,
          "Melee": 0,
          "Vision": 0
        },
        "statsLevel": {
          "Marksmanship": 86,
          "Medicine": 5,
          "Mechanical": 72,
          "Explosives": 14,
          "Stealth": 24,
          "Melee": 32,
          "Vision": 20
        },
        "mercExperience": 10,
        "mercLevel": 1
      }
    }

Set IsAlive to true, set Hp to the value you want up to 100 I guess. Save the file, restart JAF / Continue (game).

Voilà, Vicki's back fully healed. You can also alter other stats.

A useful trick until we get a full quicksave. Do it after you have cleared a sector if you have suffered too many casualties.

You can check each merc max HP in the units.json file folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Jagged Alliance Flashback\game_Data\StreamingAssets\Original\Data\Units

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 19-05-2014, 21:54 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 813

Another awesome mod :) Keep them coming. +1 to FC for having such an open Save system.

Report Quote
Chris K 19-05-2014, 22:00 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 250

Yes, looks like it's gonna be really easy to do pretty much whatever we wanna do with the game. Core elements are obviously not gonna be that easy, but it surely is going to be a lot of fun to fool around a bit. :D

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines