FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Question about Enemy Names and response

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Django 22-12-2014, 12:59 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 84
Question about Enemy Names and response

Hey i am trying to locate the english Enemy responses and understand the logic here. So far as i see it it would make sense if they were in the US-randomenemynamesandresponses file. But it looks like this:

{
    "key": "RESPONSE_BOB_JOHNSON",
    "text": ""
  },
  {
    "key": "RESPONSE_PAVEL_BELUH",
    "text": ""
  },

and so on. But the responses seem to work in the game so they must be stored somewhere else.

In other laguages, like: german, polish and russian the responses are de facto in the randomenemynamesandresponses file.

In the following laguages it looks like in the english file: spanish, french and italian.

For all other languages than english this makes sense considering de fact that only english, german, polish and russian are part of the game at the moment. But where is the english text?

In the polish folder there is also a PL-randomnpnamesandresponses file which is exactly the same as PL-randomnpcnamesandresponses. Im sure thats a typo and the file serves no purpose.

I already tried to delete the files and verify them over steam.

I also noticed that the enemy names and responses are also in the npc responses file at least for german, polish and russian.

So english is the only language where that is not the case.

I know that everyone is in vacation now, i can wait.

Report Quote
Claudius33 22-12-2014, 16:21 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 92

They are stored in the US-randomnpcnamesandresponses.json file in the Localization folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Jagged Alliance Flashback\game_Data\StreamingAssets\Original\Localization\US).

Merry Xmas.

Report Quote
Django 22-12-2014, 16:40 CET
Pledger

So you are saying the enemy responses are in the same file as the npc responses. That could make sense but the names that are in the us-randomenemyresponses file are not in the npc responses file.

Report Quote
Claudius33 22-12-2014, 21:20 CET
Pledger

Sorry I read your post too fast. Enemy names and responses are stored in : US-randomenemynamesandresponses.json, same folder.

Some lines are empty, I presume that the file is not totally completed at the moment.

Report Quote
Django 22-12-2014, 23:41 CET
Pledger

Well, i was sure that all response lines are empty. Just checked ... again ... and there they are !

Seems to be the same about 94 responses like in the other languages. But the first one is at line 1452.

Easy to miss ...

Ok one mystery solved ... thank you.

Maybe the other names are for the enemys without response?

Merry Xmas for you too.

Report Quote
Claudius33 23-12-2014, 01:16 CET
Pledger

Or they just put the answers they received from KS backers and didn't have time to write the rest ...

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines