FORUM

ForumJagged Alliance: Flashback General › Editor information requests

- You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Glettkin 19-12-2014, 13:33 CET

Total Posts: 132
Editor information requests

Hi, i´d like to gather some more "up to date" info about the editor...

1)

Where do i find the most recent updates about possible trigger scripts? It´s said they will be updated / expanded over time, so i´d like to know where to look to get the newest info about that.

2)

In the terrain section it´s possible to change the terrain height. If i choose to do so, will this break my map? Or will only be the original height accessible and the changed height non accessible?

It seems there is a height difference in e.g. the bears pit sector, so i guess it won´t break that easily...does it?

edit: I know i could test it myself, but sometimes some errors just occure when e.g. the height difference is combined with other stuff later in map development. I want to spare me the lecture in advance, if possible.

Probably more to come after i cleared all tutorials :)

...greetz

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 19-12-2014, 13:41 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 847

+1

If Filip or who ever did the Lua tutorial could be so kind and update the Lua documentation we sure will appreciate it a lot.

From my tests with heightmaps I pretty much broke the game. The shooting calculations aren't done for vertical aiming, I already knew that, so I didn't even bother making sector map other than flat. I am more interested in a way to add a scenary backdrop, either as a skybox or as a second terrain outside the sector limits. Sadly I don't know enough about Unity to do that and I kinda failed to make the game accept a 2nd terrain. I got all sort of weird crash errors.

Report Quote
Bibmo 19-12-2014, 17:16 CET

Total Posts: 14

+1 for the documentation

Terrain height can be changed, i importet real world terrain data but it only is visual working,

Im curious if the actual implementation even allow such stuff inside the game without drastical/complete overhaul of the whole way the terrain works atm in JAF.

How flexible is it anyway for the future?

Report Quote
R@S 20-12-2014, 10:45 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 32

Has the sector size issue been fixed in the latest version, or are we still stuck with 100x100?

Report Quote
Shanga@BP 20-12-2014, 14:13 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 847

It's more of a preset than an issue. And yes, default new sector is 100x100. I did manage to edit terrain settings and come up with a 1000x1000 map, but that most likely causes a lot of bugs later.

Report Quote
R@S 20-12-2014, 14:31 CET
Pledger

Total Posts: 32

It was an "issue" last time I played around with the editor(.3 I think), I could make larger maps in the editor, but the game didn't work with them. If you are saying the game now accepts even 1000x1000 you answered my question, thanks.

Report Quote
Glettkin 22-12-2014, 21:18 CET

Total Posts: 132

I guess we´ll have to wait after the christmas holidays to get a response. Marry christmas everybody, and may the love be with you :)

Report Quote

You have to be logged in to reply to this thread.

Login at the top

Forum Sidebar

Forum Guidelines